PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Perfect Pass Fix

Nick911
06-27-2012, 07:03 PM
Dealer passed this along to me to calibrate PP settings:

From BIG menu go to Settings>Help>Cruise. There, you will see some base speeds and RPM set points. These are factory defaults, so, the idea is to take the boat up to the indicated speed, and adjust the tach setting accordingly. Just did that an will pass on the results however my PP has always been working pretty good.

Jim@BAWS
06-27-2012, 07:44 PM
After setting the Perfect Pass cruise control to a set speed, some operators have found that they experience occasional surging of the speed. The system operates off several calculations and readings, including the speedometer and the tachometer. Factory setting is a pre-determined combination, but in actual operation, depending on boat model, location, and several factors, the Perfect Pass system may function better if the pre-set RPM level is adjusted. These instructions take the operator through the adjustment process in those Perfect Pass systems that read through a touch screen.
PROCEDURE:
(This procedure requires a GPS system, whether integrated in the boat or portable hand-held.)
Step 1: Operating on a body of water, take the boat to 24 mph with the GPS on. At a steady 24 mph, note the engine RPM.
Step 2: Repeat Step 1 at 26 mph, 28 mph, and 30 mph as these are the pre-set speeds from which the Perfect Pass system begins operation.
Step 3: Bring the boat to a stop and turn OFF the engine
Step 4: Open the Main Menu on the touch screen.
Step 5: Press the “SETUP” icon.
Step 6: Press the “HELP” icon.
Step 7: Press “CRUISE INFO” icon.
Step 8: In the adjustment screen, scroll down to 24 mph. (Scroll buttons up and down are on the right side of the screen.)
Step 9: At 24 mph, adjust the RPM level to that which you noted in your on-water test session by increasing using the plus (+) button or decreasing by using the minus (-) button to desired reading.
Step 10: Scroll down and repeat Step 9 for 26 mph, 28 mph, and 30 mph.
Step 11: Touch either the BACK icon or go to the Home icon to exit procedure. Your settings will be saved as you left them.

501s
06-27-2012, 07:52 PM
I posted all of this a while back with pictures and all but guess where the thread ended up?

bjames
06-27-2012, 07:54 PM
I also found adjusting the KDW and CS values have made a huge difference. My PP used to overspeed by about 4mpd, now its either dead on or at worst overspeeds by less than 1mph, then settles down to set speed.

I raised the KDW and lowered the CS numbers. However depending on how much ballast you have the KDW will vary.

bjames
06-27-2012, 07:55 PM
I posted all of this a while back with pictures and all but guess where the thread ended up?

Yeah... I know what you mean. It took me a while to find some of my previous posts.

Nick911
06-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Yes, found the old post now. What are your current PP settings Brian. I've set mine to 650 90 90 as some have suggested on here today but haven't played with it much.

EA2010
06-28-2012, 12:08 AM
I'll be on my boat tomorrow and definitely looking to "perfect" my PP ...

Any idea what CR, CS and KDW mean? (Not in front of my BIG for another 18 hours - not that I'm counting down!)