PDA

View Full Version : 2012 BIG and Tower Camera

bjames
06-27-2012, 03:49 PM
For those of you with a 2012 B.I.G. and tower camera, are you able to record/stop the camera from the BIG touchscreen?

My boat is currently in for service and this was one of the items. According to the manual, there are 2 touch buttons on the BIG 'camera' screen that are used to start recording/and stopping. however these 2 buttons dont do anything. My service guy just told me that my boat "doesnt have that feature" Have what feature:confused: I have the BIG and the tower cam, what else is he talking about. He is going to look into this. But I have to say Im getting a little annoyed that even mastercraft service techs seem out in dark about how these options work.

I will be very disapointed if the 2012 models cant control the camera from the BIG like the 2011 models did.

501s
06-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Makes you wonder if anyone tests them? To record you would assume there would be a USB slot or SSD slot to record the video too.....

Lucky26
06-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Makes you wonder if anyone tests them? To record you would assume there would be a USB slot or SSD slot to record the video too.....

There is one in the glove box next to where the controls to the camera are.

501s
06-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Do you mean the USB slot in the glove box next to the video input? I know this is for playing music or hooking up an ipod, is this where the camera should record too?

ddanenberger
06-28-2012, 11:39 AM
The camera records to VIO's controller in the glove box

ddanenberger
06-28-2012, 11:41 AM
The controller has a SD card slot just above where the video out cable is located

501s
06-28-2012, 12:00 PM
There you go Bjames, maybe that's the solution? If so, then you can pass the info on to our dealer.

Lucky26
06-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Do you mean the USB slot in the glove box next to the video input? I know this is for playing music or hooking up an ipod, is this where the camera should record too?

I have not tried it , but thats what my saleman said.

Lucky26
06-28-2012, 02:02 PM
There you go Bjames, maybe that's the solution? If so, then you can pass the info on to our dealer.

The controller has a SD card slot just above where the video out cable is located

What year model do you have? I have not checked mine yet but i will sure look!

ddanenberger
06-28-2012, 04:00 PM
The USB is for the stereo. I have a '12 but have had a '10 and '11. They have all been the same. The only change was the resolution of the camera. Thus the dvr for 12 is HD. Go to VIO and you can see what the dvr looks like. MC mounts the dvr in the glove box and sends the video out to the big

bjames
06-28-2012, 04:20 PM
The VIO controller is located in the glove box. The VIO also comes with its own 2 button remote (good for like 2-3' range from the VIO controller). The remote has the ability to strap to your wrist. However, with the 2011 X25, you would use the BIG to control the camera. All you do is go to the media/ camera screen and there were 2 buttons on the screen to start/stop recording. For 2012, the funtionality is the same as the 2011 except its now touch screen. Even the 2012 manual says to use the touch buttons on the BIG to start/stop recording. he problem is, the buttons on the BIG do nothing. The buttons are there, but they dont do what they are supposed to. I was just told by my dealer that "MasterCraft is aware of this issue on some models and is currently working on a software update"

Wherever that will be ... I may just have to keep the VIO remote in the cubby hole for now.

Lucky26
06-28-2012, 04:49 PM
The software issues are stacking up for the 2012s. I have not tried to use the recorder, but I will now. Thanks to ddanenberger for clearing up the issue.

AZX45OD
06-29-2012, 09:32 PM
i use the VIO remote from my driver's seat and it works great (or have the observer do it). I keep the glove box door open so I can see if the camera is recording (flashing red light) since you have to push the button on the remote a couple of times sometimes to get it to turn on/off. The BIG will also say recording when in tower cam mode, but I prefer to have it on the cruise control screen when pulling a rider.

My BIG was just replaced due to some issues, and it seems to have a few more functions than the original did. For example I can now mute the radio (it pauses my ipod) when I push mute on the touchscreen. I don't remember that feature working before. I did not think to check the camera functions, but maybe they work now on my new BIG. If so, then a "software fix" should be coming down the line soon for everyone.

jimgrubb
07-08-2012, 02:24 PM
I just took delivery of a 2012 X-45 and am having the same problem. In addition, I can't get the POV camera to stay on. This may be a sleep setting or something, but am not sure.

Eric2010MCX2
07-08-2012, 10:54 PM
For those of you with a 2012 B.I.G. and tower camera, are you able to record/stop the camera from the BIG touchscreen?

My boat is currently in for service and this was one of the items. According to the manual, there are 2 touch buttons on the BIG 'camera' screen that are used to start recording/and stopping. however these 2 buttons dont do anything. My service guy just told me that my boat "doesnt have that feature" Have what feature:confused: I have the BIG and the tower cam, what else is he talking about. He is going to look into this. But I have to say Im getting a little annoyed that even mastercraft service techs seem out in dark about how these options work.

I will be very disapointed if the 2012 models cant control the camera from the BIG like the 2011 models did.

The service techs at our dealer make up **** too so they don't have to fix it. I just quit going there. What a bunch of jagaloons

bjames
07-09-2012, 01:01 PM
I just took delivery of a 2012 X-45 and am having the same problem. In addition, I can't get the POV camera to stay on. This may be a sleep setting or something, but am not sure.

Yes.. I had the same problem. You have to go into the settings to change the sleep times.

Heelgrad
07-09-2012, 01:24 PM
I'll need to adjust my settings as well. I noticed that my camera was timing out the last time I was out and couldn't figure out what the issue was.