PDA

View Full Version : wake surf board rack??

andreas
08-25-2005, 12:59 AM
Hello all,

I have an '06 X-30 and was wondering how any of you with the new style swivle racks handle surf boards??

My boards are too thick to put in the new clamp down racks??
Are there any other good racks that look at home on the MC tower that will accomodate the surf boards and that may even clamp down rather than bungie??

Open to all suggestions or ideas or pix of what others use??

thanks

Andreas

PendO
08-25-2005, 01:07 AM
you have liquid force boards?

sand2snow22
08-25-2005, 01:42 AM
you have liquid force boards?

I have a liquid force that is too thick for the board racks, it stays at home, mostly. Also, have the CWB Tsunami, it fits perfectly. Buying a new board might be cheaper than new board racks, check out the Hyperlites or CWB surfboards!!

andreas
08-25-2005, 02:07 AM
I have a hyperlite that fits (don't like that board that much) and a SHRED STIXX that I love (does not fit the factory rack) I need a rack for these thicker real surf board style boards.

Andreas

RobertT
08-25-2005, 10:44 AM
My surf board fits right into my rack. I have a CWB.

Somewhere I saw a rack that fits over your bimini and under the tower. Its made to hold boards, tubes, etc. Kind of like a roof rack.

Just found it....its the first picture on the second page I think.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/local_links.php?action=jump&id=13

Lets do a group buy:)

andreas
08-25-2005, 12:05 PM
RobertT

That is what I would like but it is only made for the x-star and not the x-30????

Andreas

k2mc
08-25-2005, 12:34 PM
I don't have any real good solutions - although I was contemplating how to do something above the tower instead of below where its just one more thing to hit my head on.

If anyone is contemplating off-loading a set of MC racks let me know.

Cary K.
08-25-2005, 12:52 PM
There are many styles and brands of aftermarlet surfboard racks. Here is a link to Wakeside. One of the Titan models even shows a Shred Stixx in the rack. Be sure to check the type of mount and the opening size, but the ppl at Wakeside should be able to help. Most of the other big online retailers probably have them too (Buywake.com, etc...)

RobertT
08-25-2005, 01:05 PM
I actually don't keep my board on the rack, even though it fits. That is a huge sail, and I do not trust ANY clamp style rack at 40+ mph with a 15sf sail on it. If it comes out, I can just see it catching the wind and violently turning and hitting somebody in the back seat. I just keep my board in the ski locker in the back of mine.

I am pretty sure that above the Bimini rack would work great though, anyone know if you can get it for any boat with a bimini mounted to the tower?

Cary K.
08-25-2005, 01:10 PM
I'm pretty sure that is a whole setup, with bimini included. It is a very rigid structure. In one ad or pic I saw, there were two 50cc moto-x bikes mounted to it. I'm sure it would be very costly just to carry around a surfboard.

X2M
08-25-2005, 01:24 PM
I have seen on the MYMC site under Custom Accessories a bimini "Sport Cargo Rack". It is for tower mounted bimini's. (I would post a link, but haven't figured out how to do those yet. :o Someone else maybe?)

Don't know about the price though. It says to call for price, which usually means is it going to hurt the bank account. ;)

Hope this helps. :)

andreas
08-25-2005, 04:53 PM
How would one contact mastercraft directly to find out about this rack??

any phone #'s out there??

thanks

Andreas

X2M
08-25-2005, 05:07 PM
The number to reach them is at the top of their homepage in the black section.

MYMC (www.mymastercraft.com)

:)

kcflatlander
03-01-2006, 05:06 PM
I have an '05 X9 equiped with swivel racks. One side has a board rack. The other side has a slalom ski rack - The slalom ski rack easily holds wake boards and surf boards.

RackAtak
03-01-2006, 05:25 PM
People around here are going to start thinking I work for Monster Tower...anyway Monster tower has a wake surf board rack out this year that will fit most any tower.
http://www.monstertower.com/accessory7.html

rabooze
03-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Wondering somewhat off the subject, but this year I want to get into the wake surfing and need some advice on boards, how to get up, etc. Help anyone? I assume you start off with a rope and then throw it back in once you catch the wake, but what about exhaust and such? I like my boat to much to die from it's exhaust.

X-45
03-02-2006, 10:46 AM
People around here are going to start thinking I work for Monster Tower...anyway Monster tower has a wake surf board rack out this year that will fit most any tower.
http://www.monstertower.com/accessory7.html

I keep looking but I still don't see any towers. :D

kalanic
03-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Try www.samsomsports.com. They have some sweet tower stuff & the only quick release speakers on the market.

RackAtak
03-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Wondering somewhat off the subject, but this year I want to get into the wake surfing and need some advice on boards, how to get up, etc. Help anyone? I assume you start off with a rope and then throw it back in once you catch the wake, but what about exhaust and such? I like my boat to much to die from it's exhaust.
Check out this thread
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=133316
We use a Hyperlite board. I don't have any extra ballast. My kids kind of start from a sitting position in the water with their heels on the board. Once the boat starts moving the board sticks to their feet and they are up and surfing. At that point the rope is pulled back into the boat. I get the best surf wake with a slight continuous left hand turn at about 8.5 to 9mph.

RobertT
03-02-2006, 12:28 PM
I also have seen something in the aftermarket section about a type of rack that you can use for boards, skis, etc that would go above your bimini.

Anyone have a link to that or know a price?