PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Changes

Justin D.
06-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Out of curiosity, does anybody know what changes will be made for the 2013 model year?

snork
06-26-2012, 06:37 PM
what model of boat

cbryan70
06-26-2012, 06:43 PM
isnt the 197 going to be all new?

ddanenberger
06-26-2012, 07:10 PM
I hear some of the interior colors...carbon out platinum in for 13. I have not seen the actual colors yet.

Justin D.
06-26-2012, 10:00 PM
isnt the 197 going to be all new?

I saw on the forum that there is no new Prostar hull untill 2014 :mad:

coz
06-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Out of curiosity, does anybody know what changes will be made for the 2013 model year?

Sure looks like there's been a change in the x-star hull, I like it http://www.unrealgamingleague.com/forum/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Justin D.
06-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Sure looks like there's been a change in the x-star hull, I like it http://www.unrealgamingleague.com/forum/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Do you think next years X-series graphics will look at all similar to that X-star's or will they keep the same graphics package as 2012?

gusolah
06-26-2012, 10:54 PM
2013 X7 I believe....

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?knovnb

Justin D.
06-26-2012, 11:00 PM
2013 X7 I believe....

---
Did you take that picture?

Specter
06-26-2012, 11:17 PM
I've heard 2 things: X-15 will be discontinued and a new X-10 will debut as the little brother for the X-30. I also heard that base prices were going up 6% across the board for all models.

AZX9
06-26-2012, 11:31 PM

Not digging the 56 Chevy bellaire look.

bobx1
06-26-2012, 11:34 PM
Looks like a 2012 - I think exact boat

http://www.bennettsboatandski.com/2012greenx7.html

gusolah
06-27-2012, 12:11 AM
Yep that is where I took the pic. Thought it may have been a new model...but it is a 2012. Just like mine :)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?mgrwcv

ShawnB
06-27-2012, 12:47 AM
I heard some rumors. Time will tell if any of them are true...

No more X14 DD or X7
Another new tower.
Different-sized screen options.
Something to do with iPhone/iPad.
New LED lighting options.

MIskier
06-27-2012, 07:16 AM
2013 X7 I believe....

---

That is a 2012 X7 I skied that boat early in the spring. 2013 boats dont start rolling off the line until after the 4th.

Specter
06-27-2012, 07:38 AM

I heard a 4" screen will be standard with an optional 6" version.

MattsCraft
06-27-2012, 09:43 AM
I heard a 4" screen will be standard with an optional 6" version.

I heard this too, plus Medallion is out, Murphy displays are in, I think some of the 3, not sure which on the '13 Star are Murphy displays.

http://www.fwmurphy.com/displays_ind/

ShawnB
06-27-2012, 11:07 AM
I heard this too, plus Medallion is out, Murphy displays are in, I think some of the 3, not sure which on the '13 Star are Murphy displays.

That 7" LED screen would look pretty nice where the current BIG goes.

TheWoons
06-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Power Tower goes from $8000 to $12,500ish for 2013. 5-6% increase in base prices as well. Super.... :)

bjames
06-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Power Tower goes from $8000 to $12,500ish for 2013. 5-6% increase in base prices as well. Super.... :)

Assuming a 6% price increase each year, it will only take 7 years before an X25 hits the $200K mark :D

501s
06-27-2012, 12:38 PM
New screens (look like the Supra screens), new software, $12k power tower, %6 price increases, loss of DD models ....... all sound like HUGE steps forward to me.

Eric2010MCX2
06-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Assuming a 6% price increase each year, it will only take 6-7 years before an X25 hits the $200K mark.

Someone at MC (or many) need to pry their heads out of their asses... I understand they economies of scale are not nearly what they are with cars or whatever and that costs may be higher for production. It seems us as buyers are footing the ENTIRE bill for all their R and D and whatever past excuses have been used, ... These 5% price increases year after year are going to price them out of business eventually (or we should just all sell our houses and find a way to live in our boats, since they will cost the same). We paid a little under $70k for a LOADED 2010 X2 brand new in January 2010, I couldn't get a stripped X2 for that now according to our dealer. Was looking at a new X30, but we may just need to hunker down and keep the X2 forever.

This is getting ridiculous.

ttu
06-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Someone at MC (or many) need to pry their heads out of their asses... I understand they economies of scale are not nearly what they are with cars or whatever and that costs may be higher for production. It seems us as buyers are footing the ENTIRE bill for all their R and D and whatever past excuses have been used, ... These 5% price increases year after year are going to price them out of business eventually (or we should just all sell our houses and find a way to live in our boats, since they will cost the same). We paid a little under $70k for a LOADED 2010 X2 brand new in January 2010, I couldn't get a stripped X2 for that now according to our dealer. Was looking at a new X30, but we may just need to hunker down and keep the X2 forever.

i will have to agree 100%! thought about a x25 but looks like my 07 x2 will be with me for sometime!:rolleyes:

mikeg205
06-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Loving the price forecast...means my 95 will be worth more... eash is right...was considering a new 197 in a couple years but at that rate I will need a 30 year note...

gatorguy
06-27-2012, 12:57 PM

Is that a Murphy display as in Murphy's Law? Anything that can go wrong will go wrong? I thought the BIG already had a corner on that market?

captain planet
06-27-2012, 01:06 PM

No more X14 DD or X7
Another new tower.

Unconfirmed.

Justin D.
06-27-2012, 01:50 PM

I absolutely agree that the pricing is getting out of hand. However the new X-30 starts at $80,000 which seems much cheaper than the X-25.

Granite_33
06-27-2012, 01:57 PM

No more X14 DD or X7
Another new tower.

Wow, that would seriously hurt my feelings. I have a hankering for the X-14. I'm a diehard DD enthusiast. Without the X-14 option, I think I will wander aimlessly...

bobx1
06-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Someone at MC (or many) need to pry their heads out of their asses... This is getting ridiculous.

Each year, people ***** about the prices (and I understand the complaint) but they keep selling boats and adding more expensive options.

So in summary....if you buy it, they will build it.

captain planet
06-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Wow, that would seriously hurt my feelings. I have a hankering for the X-14. I'm a diehard DD enthusiast. Without the X-14 option, I think I will wander aimlessly...

I have lobbied for the 214DD....

Granite_33
06-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Each year, people ***** about the prices (and I understand the complaint) but they keep selling boats and adding more expensive options.

MC Isn't the only one........seems like for all the research I do, prices in the high stratospheric range are not limited to MC's alone. No matter who builds them. Correct Craft, Malibu.....even others like MB Sports and Tige. Prices seem to creep up in lockstep.

I do think that MC charges a premium though........but then again, its an MC, and they heavily support the events.

Granite_33
06-27-2012, 03:00 PM
I have lobbied for the 214DD....

Meaning its on the chopping block?

captain planet
06-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Meaning its on the chopping block?

Not to my knowledge, however with rumors floating I have expressed my displeasure however founded or unfounded those rumors might be.

I'm sure they were really effected by the opinions of Captain Planet and my wishes will hold weight among the decision-makers at MC. :o

moleson10
06-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Not digging the 56 Chevy bellaire look.

I'm with you. Maybe it will grow on me someday.

MIskier
06-27-2012, 04:10 PM

You may want to look at what has happened to the entire marine industry since 2010 as far as EPA and OSHA standards are concerned. Those new standards have added to the cost of each new boat before you factor in labor and insurance costs as well as all the new widgets that the focus groups beg the marketing department for.

TheWoons
06-27-2012, 04:20 PM
I absolutely agree that the pricing is getting out of hand. However the new X-30 starts at $80,000 which seems much cheaper than the X-25.

X25's base at $85,000. Not much more than the X30

aquaman
06-27-2012, 04:24 PM

I agree. I have passed on new boats for a few years now because every time i speak with the salespeople they threaten me that "there will be a price increase" next year. Fine, i will buy used or not buy at all.

Seems boat and auto manufacturers think they are entitled to raise prices Every year 5-8%. What other business can do that without losing customers ??

Boat sales are still down considerably.......they a just trying to keep the profits up on fewer boat sales. MarineMax which has to report quarterly earnings + sales, is in sad shape as a company, yet continue to raise prices yearly.

georgea0731
06-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Many years ago, I'd stop in the local MC dealer and dream about buying a MC. The sticker shock always amazed me. It cost half of a new house back then and still does in some almost as much. Each generation sees this high prices, yet as stated earlier they keep selling them and adding more expensive options. This market is truly trailored toward a certain group/income. All us others stop in and dream. However, I'm on my 4th MC, one new and 3 USED. If there's a boat out there I want, I always find away to get it. Sometimes its just waiting long enough for the price to come back to reality, that's why I always look at a promo boat first. I believe bank loans for a boat use to be about 10 years, I guess its more than that now.

bcd
06-27-2012, 11:03 PM
It would be nice if they could fix the problems with the 2012's first. I never thought I would spend the outrageous price for a new boat, but I couldn't find an 06 or newer X-2 anywhere near me, and they weren't that much cheaper. I bit the bullet and got a 2012 X-2. It's my 2nd MC and first new boat ever. With how much I paid, I guess I had high expectations. I have been severely disappointed with: the new model year changes I was not made aware of (ie no more ballast timers), design issues, multiple recalls, and my favorite: no one at Mastercraft returning my calls. I love the wakeboarding performance of the boat, I just don't think you should have this much stress and frustration with a purchase of this magnitude.

To sum up my point, I'm one of the people that paid for the ever more expensive boats, but I expected minimal issues with a new boat with that kind of sticker price and the factory and dealer to be responsive to whatever issues I did have. I didn't get it. This will be my last new boat.

Ryan
06-27-2012, 11:34 PM

Seems boat and auto manufacturers think they are entitled to raise prices Every year 5-8%. What other business can do that without losing customers ??

Guys, have you been to the grocery store lately? I'm in the food/beverage biz and this rate of increase is happening all over the place. We and MasterCraft do it because we can charge what the market will bear. Neither category is a cost-plus proposition.

Still, I share the frustration. I would love a new boat. Instead, I just shipped my PS190 to TN today for a new interior, rebuild the carb and that'll be as close to new as I get for a few years. Plus, the boats I want are a compromise on the wake I have. Whjile my four kids truly take up more space each year the 190 is starting to feel a little snug but totally doable.

My big challenge is this: the marginal benefit in function or performance from a new/newer used boat will not come anywhere close to the alternatives I can use my cashflow for, even in this down market.

501s
06-28-2012, 01:16 AM
I have a feeling BCD isn't the only one feeling this way.

Bouyhead
06-28-2012, 07:19 AM
How about this catchy new phrase: Mastercraft.. Building boats for the 1%

snork
06-28-2012, 08:27 AM
MasterCraft... Held to Higher Profits

wrobins1
06-28-2012, 09:03 AM
I think we are missing the point WITH OBAMA YOUR MONEY IS WORTH...

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=532&pictureid=4207

vision
06-28-2012, 12:11 PM
I had the opportunity to ride in, drive, and ride behind a 2012 MB last month. Being on the East Coast we do not see many MBs out here. The fit and finish was indistinguishable from my 08 MC. No question there was less bling than my MC, I like MC styling better, and I have no idea if the structure of the boat compares to an MC.

But the most striking aspect was that the 21 foot boat I was in with a PCM 409 engine, PP, stereo with sub and tower speakers, 2500 gravity fill ballast, magnetic carpet, heater, and all the usually luxuries was 30K less than the comparable MC model. 30K!!! No question the MC will hold value better. But I could not see 30K worth of higher value in my MC.

scott023
06-28-2012, 12:17 PM

The 30 is cheaper than the 25. Confirmed that with my dealer.

aquaman
06-28-2012, 12:18 PM
I think we are missing the point WITH OBAMA YOUR MONEY IS WORTH...

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=532&pictureid=4207

amen to that.

Inflation is going un-reported but is alive and well.

Eric2010MCX2
06-28-2012, 12:19 PM
How about this catchy new phrase: Mastercraft.. Building boats for the 1%

Love it!

scott023
06-28-2012, 12:19 PM

DING DING DING

No manufacturer will consider keeping the prices the saem, or lowering them, if they continue to sell a lot of their product. Plain and simple. I looked at a 2012 X45 the other day that was 129K. Are you kidding me???

501s
06-28-2012, 12:20 PM
I was very very close to buying a new MB F24 this year and in a very interesting turn of events, I ended up with an X-30. I went to the boat show in February to negotiate on an F24 and saw the 30 and fell in love but knew it was out of my price range. After speaking with the folks at MMS, and some very heavy negotiating, I ended up with the 30. To be honest both boats are very nice and there are a few options I liked on the MB but overall I definitley liked the 30 more but it was a matter of dollars and cents. The deal I made on the 30 couldn't be passed up. The price difference between the two after all was said and done was almost nil and made the decision easy. If there had been 30k difference, I wouldn't be in a MC. I pick up my boat tomorrow with the upgraded ballast. I can't wait!

Eric2010MCX2
06-28-2012, 12:21 PM
MC Isn't the only one........seems like for all the research I do, prices in the high stratospheric range are not limited to MC's alone. No matter who builds them. Correct Craft, Malibu.....even others like MB Sports and Tige. Prices seem to creep up in lockstep.

I do think that MC charges a premium though........but then again, its an MC, and they heavily support the events.

Malibu, I REALLY cant understand how they can justify a price increase.. I mean, has the cost of cardboard really gone up THAT much? :D

scott023
06-28-2012, 12:22 PM
You may want to look at what has happened to the entire marine industry since 2010 as far as EPA and OSHA standards are concerned. Those new standards have added to the cost of each new boat before you factor in labor and insurance costs as well as all the new widgets that the focus groups beg the marketing department for.

Not 20% worth of standards in the last three years...

Justin D.
06-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Does anybody know how much it actually costs Mastercraft to manufacture an X-30 for example?

wrobins1
06-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Does anybody know how much it actually costs Mastercraft to manufacture an X-30 for example?

Not intending to bring up bad history, but even if the physical cost of construction was released to the public it would not included the liability costs of IDIOTS. Like the guy who hurt the two young ladies, because he thought it was ok to put almost an entire field of football players in the boat at one time...

Granite_33
06-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Malibu, I REALLY cant understand how they can justify a price increase.. I mean, has the cost of cardboard really gone up THAT much? :D

Its all in the cost of the rubber bands............:D

bjames
06-28-2012, 04:31 PM
I pick up my boat tomorrow with the upgraded ballast. I can't wait!

Im picking my boat up tomorrow too from its 10hour service. Maybe I'll see you there. BTW, Are they putting in the factory P&P or a custom system?

501s
06-28-2012, 09:55 PM
They did a custom system. I am planning on picking it up around lunch time.

Granite_33
06-29-2012, 09:27 AM
I was very very close to buying a new MB F24 this year and in a very interesting turn of events, I ended up with an X-30. I went to the boat show in February to negotiate on an F24 and saw the 30 and fell in love but knew it was out of my price range. After speaking with the folks at MMS, and some very heavy negotiating, I ended up with the 30. To be honest both boats are very nice and there are a few options I liked on the MB but overall I definitley liked the 30 more but it was a matter of dollars and cents. The deal I made on the 30 couldn't be passed up. The price difference between the two after all was said and done was almost nil and made the decision easy. If there had been 30k difference, I wouldn't be in a MC. I pick up my boat tomorrow with the upgraded ballast. I can't wait!

Sticker price and final price are two completely different things. Boats need to be negotiated down just like cars, houses and any other large ticket purchase. It also helps to understand the sales cycle and when dealers are most motivated. My '04 I bought new in Feb of '05..........motivated sellers. My Suburban I bought in January when car sales are at their lowest....and I bought it at the end of the month, when salesmen are trying to hit their numbers.....motivated dealer.

But then again, thats me......I'm in sales and I get negotiated all the time so its second nature for me.

lanep82
06-29-2012, 10:10 AM
I agree. I have passed on new boats for a few years now because every time i speak with the salespeople they threaten me that "there will be a price increase" next year. Fine, i will buy used or not buy at all.

Boat sales are still down considerably.......they a just trying to keep the profits up on fewer boat sales. MarineMax which has to report quarterly earnings + sales, is in sad shape as a company, yet continue to raise prices yearly.

I am with you. It blows me away that the prices get so expensive on these new boats. I would never buy a new MC where you can buy a 3-4 year old MC and spend literally about 1/2 the price.

lanep82
06-29-2012, 10:12 AM
It would be nice if they could fix the problems with the 2012's first. I never thought I would spend the outrageous price for a new boat, but I couldn't find an 06 or newer X-2 anywhere near me, and they weren't that much cheaper. I bit the bullet and got a 2012 X-2. It's my 2nd MC and first new boat ever. With how much I paid, I guess I had high expectations. I have been severely disappointed with: the new model year changes I was not made aware of (ie no more ballast timers), design issues, multiple recalls, and my favorite: no one at Mastercraft returning my calls. I love the wakeboarding performance of the boat, I just don't think you should have this much stress and frustration with a purchase of this magnitude.

To sum up my point, I'm one of the people that paid for the ever more expensive boats, but I expected minimal issues with a new boat with that kind of sticker price and the factory and dealer to be responsive to whatever issues I did have. I didn't get it. This will be my last new boat.

Oh man. I would be HOT. That would, in all honesty, leave a terrible taste in my mouth w/MC. I probably wouldn't ever buy one again.

MC boats are awesome but there are several others that rival.........

captain planet
06-29-2012, 02:38 PM

Cardboard is up (because recycling is down) and they are filling their hollow stringers with nitrogen now. It is supposed to help dampen the ride from their paper-thin hulls. 8p

Justin D.
06-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Not intending to bring up bad history, but even if the physical cost of construction was released to the public it would not included the liability costs of IDIOTS. Like the guy who hurt the two young ladies, because he thought it was ok to put almost an entire field of football players in the boat at one time...

If your referring to the X-45 trail a few years back I still can't believe they found the boat as "flawed"

Jonb1822
07-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Has anyone priced a 2013 X25? What is the base price now?

mzimme
07-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Has anyone priced a 2013 X25? What is the base price now?

Arm and leg, plus promise of next born child.

Jonb1822
07-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Arm and leg, plus promise of next born child.

Paid that for the last one. Guess I need to make this next boat last. :)

X25John
07-25-2012, 10:19 PM
If you want to check out a 2013 X25, go to this link. http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2013-Mastercraft-X25-101812611

kskonn
07-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Sounds like a good friend of mine was correct when I bought my 2011 x2 in November last year. He told me I would look back and be very happy that I got that boat without electronics, before new emissions standards with an Indmar engine. Boat has been problem free and the price has gone up 20 percent since then.

Heelgrad
07-25-2012, 10:39 PM
If you want to check out a 2013 X25, go to this link. http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2013-Mastercraft-X25-101812611

That's my dealer. I need to go check that bad boy out. New screen and gauges look interesting but most likely not for the price increase. If anyone wants me to go give this a once over, let me know. I'll swing by and check it out for you.

Jonb1822
07-25-2012, 10:55 PM

Any idea what base price is?

Heelgrad
07-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Any idea what base price is?

Call Lee. He's a straight up great dealer and will fill you in with any information you're looking for.

tmacx2
07-25-2012, 10:59 PM

Noticed it came with pure vert ballast system. Would this be the first year for this?

Heelgrad
07-25-2012, 11:26 PM
Noticed it came with pure vert ballast system. Would this be the first year for this?

If it is the true Pure Vert system, then I would say yes this is the first year. Will be very interesting to see how that system works without pumps. You'll still need to plumb in additional ballast to achieve quality surf wakes though, which will require the addition of traditional pumps to support the add-in system. Very interesting stuff that's new this year.

TheWoons
07-25-2012, 11:29 PM
Base Price on the 2013 X25's is $5000 more than the 12's (85k to 90k). Power Tower retail went from $8000 to $11,900...

Heelgrad
07-25-2012, 11:42 PM
Base Price on the 2013 X25's is $5000 more than the 12's (85k to 90k). Power Tower retail went from $8000 to $11,900...

Excellent...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

kgrove
07-26-2012, 12:08 AM
An earlier post mentioned the X-15 would be cancelled. Any confirmation?

I've long suspected MC would need to start thinning down their product line to simplify their production line and trim cost, but I don't like that they chose mine! Obviously any model they chose would have its backers.

swatguy
07-26-2012, 12:12 AM
X25 will have tracking fins.

On the topic of Malibu. No price increase for 2013. Just surfgate as a 2-3 k option that I am sure will be on every boat. They will have to give away the left over 12's as it can't be retrofitted.

sand2snow22
07-26-2012, 12:46 AM
An earlier post mentioned the X-15 would be cancelled. Any confirmation?

I've long suspected MC would need to start thinning down their product line to simplify their production line and trim cost, but I don't like that they chose mine! Obviously any model they chose would have its backers.

I've heard a new 21 footer based on the cough cough VLX, I mean X-30. No more X-15.

kgrove
07-26-2012, 01:25 AM
I've heard a new 21 footer based on the cough cough VLX, I mean X-30. No more X-15.

If true, that sounds more like an X-15 redesign than cancellation, unless they are merging the X-2 and X-15 lines. They do seem to have a logjam of models in the 20-22 ft range.

FourFourty
07-26-2012, 07:54 AM

This will be a good addition for the guys ordering with the 5.7 or 6.0...... The X25 already has tracking fins with a 6.2, and they do make a difference.

scott023
07-26-2012, 09:09 AM

Son of a bisquit. That's beyond ridiculous.

scott023
07-26-2012, 09:11 AM

On the topic of Malibu. No price increase for 2013. Just surfgate as a 2-3 k option that I am sure will be on every boat. They will have to give away the left over 12's as it can't be retrofitted.

I've confirmed that it will be available on all models. Our local dealer is the #1 BU dealer in the world.

scott023
07-26-2012, 09:22 AM

The 2012 X45 Lee has there also says it has the Pure vert ballast in it...

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2012-Mastercraft-X45-101778930

Double
07-26-2012, 09:29 AM
I was told by my dealer yesterday that I should be glad I bought the 2012, because the 2013 jumped 13k on price

scott023
07-26-2012, 09:31 AM
I was told by my dealer yesterday that I should be glad I bought the 2012, because the 2013 jumped 13k on price

Wow. I assume you're speakin of the X30, specifically?

Double
07-26-2012, 09:35 AM
yes Scott he was speaking of the X30, he had a new x55 with every option in prep for a customer. List was 170K

scott023
07-26-2012, 09:37 AM
yes Scott he was speaking of the X30, he had a new x55 with every option in prep for a customer. List was 170K

Wow. That makes the G23 price I was quoted the other day look quite reasonable. :rolleyes:

Nick911
07-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Wonder what those buttons are on the side of the BIG Screen? Did they move away from the touch screen? Other than the dash, just the Pure Vert Ballast System would be new?

mzimme
07-26-2012, 09:40 AM
At 170k, that boat better come with a hot blonde stashed away under the drivers seat who likes "helping" people out.

Jeezus... soon the 300 will be more affordable. At least you could probably put a mortgage on the 300 if you claimed it was a residence.

Double
07-26-2012, 09:43 AM
just crazy money

Double
07-26-2012, 09:44 AM
And I think that guy who's buying that is counting on the boat bringing in a couple of those hot blonde's

tmacx2
07-26-2012, 09:45 AM
The 2012 X45 Lee has there also says it has the Pure vert ballast in it...

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2012-Mastercraft-X45-101778930

Just checked their website and all the 2012 models he has say they have pure vert.

scott023
07-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Just checked their website and all the 2012 models he has say they have pure vert.

Apparently it't not new to the 2012's then...

sand2snow22
07-26-2012, 10:25 AM
If true, that sounds more like an X-15 redesign than cancellation, unless they are merging the X-2 and X-15 lines. They do seem to have a logjam of models in the 20-22 ft range.

From what I've heard, they're calling it X-10. Would make sense b/c they didn't build the X-30 for awhile. X-10 has been gone for a few years....

sand2snow22
07-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Pure vert would be awesome!

scott023
07-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Pure vert would be awesome!

I agree

Brian B
07-27-2012, 12:38 AM

Ridiculous! Unfortunately its the only,,,,, errr, best looking out of the current towers.

They should have never changed from the previous style towers.

swatguy
07-27-2012, 01:36 AM
Pure Vert is really in mc's now? I have not heard any mention of that except in the thread. If true that would be awesome.

Duane D
07-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Pure Vert is really in mc's now? I have not heard any mention of that except in the thread. If true that would be awesome.

I'm thinking they meant Pure Flow strut instead of the ballast system.

scott023
07-27-2012, 09:18 AM

I talked to my dealer yesterday. He said the PV ballast has not been installed in any MC production models...

Brian B
07-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Cam someone explain to me what the Pure Vert system is? MC ballast system offered after market?

MASTIQUE
07-27-2012, 02:42 PM
http://www.drainmastermarine.com/index.html

MB uses it I think. Thinks there's a YouTube vid of it too!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 2

Jonb1822
07-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Got a quote on a 2013 X25 and the prices are just crazy. (For me anyway) My 2011 X25 base price was $75,700 and the 2013 is $90,850. Every option has also increased along with it. I think MasterCraft is pricing itself out of what I'm willing to spend on a boat. :( I love MasterCraft, but every man has his breaking point.

swatguy
07-27-2012, 09:03 PM
In a nutshell pure vert uses gates on your transom to fill your ballast. The tanks are pre built into the sub floor running the entire boat front to rear in compartments . Open the gate and the fill in seconds. No pumps. Open the gates while underway. Empty in seconds.

Simple enough

vision
07-27-2012, 10:06 PM
I have a feeling BCD isn't the only one feeling this way.

+ 1
Expectations and reality need to get closer.

Nick911
08-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Dealers were at MC last week looking at 2013 changes, so, someone must know what the 2013's will be bringing different over the 2012's. Somebody spill!

TheWoons
08-13-2012, 11:20 PM
I have a list of all the new stuff for 2013. Not a ton of changes. It's mainly tracking fins on the 25, hydraulics and braces on the power towers, the new cruise hardware/software, new screens with buttons on the sides for quick changes instead of navigating through the main touch screen only and more money for everything across the board.

bjames
08-14-2012, 10:49 AM
I have a list of all the new stuff for 2013. Not a ton of changes. It's mainly tracking fins on the 25, hydraulics and braces on the power towers, the new cruise hardware/software, new screens with buttons on the sides for quick changes instead of navigating through the main touch screen only and more money for everything across the board.

I was also told that MC is doing without the "sender-less, voltage controlled" ballast controls - menaing what they did for 2012 is not goint to happen again. I think they realize that the 2012 method of controlling ballast does not work.

As far as pure vert? I would guess that is a typo in the add writeup. This same rumor surface last year before we ordered our X25 and turned out false.

Guys!! If you want to know the new features, then download the 2013 boat manual. Its posted with all the other MC manuals.;)

CLTMC
08-15-2012, 09:12 AM
I was also told that MC is doing without the "sender-less, voltage controlled" ballast controls - menaing what they did for 2012 is not goint to happen again. I think they realize that the 2012 method of controlling ballast does not work.

As far as pure vert? I would guess that is a typo in the add writeup. This same rumor surface last year before we ordered our X25 and turned out false.

Guys!! If you want to know the new features, then download the 2013 boat manual. Its posted with all the other MC manuals.;)

Pure Vert Ballast is a typo, last time I checked it is listed on the standard features listing for the MSRP build sheets MC provides. Lol, we need to revise our listings to not include this feature.

New 2013 Features to include
-New ballast control system-senders and pump rotations used
-Zero Off GPS Cruise Standard with pro package (big upgrade, perfect pass for 2012 was not the best)
-Tracking Fins Standard with pro package
-Swivel Board Racks Standard with pro package
-Hydraulic ZFT5 Power Tower with Braces
-Polished speaker cans instead of gunmetal for ZFT4
-All brushed metal dash,steering wheel more uniform look
-New Murphy system dash big upgrade
-New ballast,trim tab,cruise controller (e-controlled just like the engine)
-All dashes will have a touch screen, smaller unit with standard dash, larger 7" with pro-package
-New Billet Larger Style Grab Handles
-New Billet Larger Style Windshield Stanchions
-Driver Stereo Remote is back mounted on the dash
-New Billet pistol Grip Throttle Handle
-New Folding Bimini Top for ZFT5 Power Tower
-New Base Tower with bungee racks (no swivel rack option)
-Folding Rear seats being released mid-year X-2 (similar to X-25 rear seats)
-New walk through cross cut matting
-Ilmor revised the cooling system on the 5.7L to include pressure release valves (they are revising the way the water is circulated thorough out the engine)
-The trailer shop has been moved to a separate facility a few miles down the road (they have revised the trailers, new led lights, new fenders, new wheel packages, changed bunk configurations for easier loading and to accept all boats with tracking fins, new low pro option available for X-55 trailer.
-MasterCraft has really stepped up there quality control department!! The factory looks much cleaner and very well organized (also they have implemented many new quality control features to include a chemistry lab testing products before they are used, ie, lamination chemicals, gel cote etc...
-MasterCraft has cut the HydroSports production line down to producing only 4 models, they moved the Hydo builds to the old trailer shop (this should allow more room on the main line to build more popular MC models that will be in high demand, X-10, X-30, X-Star (new hot models were hard to get for 2012 hopefully this will not be an issue for 2013)

I am sure I am missing many 2013 changes feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

MasterCraft Boat Co. is changing, they have a New President leading the way and plan on releasing at least 2 new boat models each year going forward. We are excited for the future of MasterCraft Boats it is a very Exhilarating time to be in the boat business.

mzimme
08-15-2012, 09:20 AM
Finally... some info from a good source! Thanks for the updates!

willyt
08-15-2012, 09:34 AM
MasterCraft Boat Co. is changing, they have a New President leading the way and plan on releasing at least 2 new boat models each year going forward. We are excited for the future of MasterCraft Boats it is a very Exhilarating time to be in the boat business.

IMO a new president was definitely needed, especially with 2012 i dont think anyone liked the direction we were headed, but 2 new models a year??? that's cwazzzzy

CLTMC
08-15-2012, 09:58 AM
IMO a new president was definitely needed, especially with 2012 i dont think anyone liked the direction we were headed, but 2 new models a year??? that's cwazzzzy

I was told 2 new models or 2 redesigns each year. Guess we will see

sand2snow22
08-15-2012, 10:58 AM
http://www.wakeworld.com/news/latestinwake/mastercraft-boat-company-announces-the-appointment-of-its-new-president-and-ceo.html

bjames
08-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Looks like lots of nice upgrades and fixes that IMO should be implemented on the 2012's as a recal. I kind of feel like I have been left with some inferior systems (Ballast control, BIG) that will have very limited support.

gwpowell
12-12-2012, 06:15 AM
There is no 2013 X7 on the MC website. Has it been discontinued?

scott023
12-12-2012, 09:29 AM
There is no 2013 X7 on the MC website. Has it been discontinued?

I believe it has.

mikeg205
12-12-2012, 09:56 AM
Wow..the V' series off website - and a smaller portfolio of product. Looks like a return to core competency and reducing manufacturing cost...increase margin. Who knows maybe MC is going to follow Malibu's lead and offer a lower price point boat like the Axis. Higher prices on new high quality always good for us used boat owners. :D

Thrall
12-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Higher prices on new high quality always good for us used boat owners. :D

Yup. My X2 is making money just sitting in the garage right now!
IIRC, the sticker on my 06 X2 was $59k and a couple minor adders for dealer installed stuff. Original owner paid right about $60k for it. MCX, PP, 2 tower speakers. Not loaded, I added more audio gear, heater and shower to it.
I don't see another $20k for essentially the same boat 7 years later. Current economy doesn't support that and no groundbreaking new technology. If anything some of the "new" tech should be junked in favor of the tried and true stuff. Drivetrain wise, there's not even any new technology over my '96 with the LT-1. The LT-1 was actually more high tech of an engine than the MCX or the Ilmor 5.7, IMO.
Oh well, glad there's enough people buying them to justify the price increases. Does nothing but help my situation.

captain planet
12-12-2012, 02:07 PM
I was able to build my perfect boat on the 2013 build-a-boat.

For the record, that is supposed to be a mini-tower although it doesn't look like it.

bjames
12-12-2012, 02:44 PM
same boat 7 years later. Current economy doesn't support that and no groundbreaking new technology. If anything some of the "new" tech should be junked in favor of the tried and true stuff. Drivetrain wise, there's not even any new technology over my '96 with the LT-1. The LT-1 was actually more high tech of an engine than the MCX or the Ilmor 5.7, IMO.
Oh well, glad there's enough people buying them to justify the price increases. Does nothing but help my situation.

Thats why Im going back to basics - from 2012 to 2009 :) No better feeling than getting my dream boat AND a big fat cheque to go along with it.:D

TayMC197
12-12-2012, 02:51 PM
I was able to build my perfect boat on the 2013 build-a-boat.

For the record, that is supposed to be a mini-tower although it doesn't look like it.

Yes I noticed an issue with the 2013 boat builder myself. Mine was supposed to have a teak deck but obviously it doesn't show it.

bjames
12-12-2012, 02:53 PM
But its close enought though.