PDA

View Full Version : Changing Towers

Mahoney86
06-26-2012, 06:11 PM
I just purchased my boat and it came with a tower. Although it seems strong, it seems like a generic kind, almost like a one fits all with clamps. Overall I just dont like the looks of it and would like to change it. If I wanted to keep the existing 4 mounting points, as to not have to worry about fiberglasing holes and drilling new ones, my only option would probably be to get a custom one correct? Hopefully I am wrong but Im thinking not

Jerseydave
06-26-2012, 06:27 PM
You might want to post some pics of your tower. I'm sure others here can suggest a good brand of tower for your boat but most likely you will have to fill the old holes and then reinforce the areas where the new tower will be mounted.
New Dimension towers are really nice on most MC's. What model is your boat?

Mahoney86
06-26-2012, 06:31 PM
1993 Mastercraft Maristar 225. I will have to get a picture when I head home, dont have any great views of just the tower.

BrooksfamX2
06-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Filling holes may be cheaper than getting a custom tower..........

Mahoney86
06-27-2012, 06:03 AM
It all depends I guess what I plan on doing with the boat. I was originally going to wrap it, new tower, new sound system etc... However my plans were to purchase this boat, see how much I get back into wake boarding and how much the boat get used. If all of the above go back to how I was before college, I more than likely will end up buying a much newer used boat next year. 2-3k for a tower plus install, 2500 for a wrap installed, custom upholstery, etc etc.... There are dozens of newer wake boats in the 30-40k range near me, that might be the more logical thing to do next year

Lumbergh
07-07-2012, 03:20 PM
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr66/Lumbergh556/This_thread_is_worthless_without_pictures.jpg