PDA

View Full Version : Question about tires rubbing

Stx221
06-25-2012, 11:04 PM
Replaced the old Goodyear Marathons with new ones about 2 months ago. Same size as what was on there, at the same pressure. The old ones never rubbed at all, even on the most extreme of highway bumps (which I normally try to avoid). The new tires will rub the outside edge of the tire on stuff that seems like they shouldn't. I dont want to continue to rub the tires, but most importantly I dont want to crack a fender if they connect well enough.

Did Goodyear change the sizing of these things? Is there a good way to space the axle from the springs so that they dont rub? 1" steel riser block and longer U-bolts?

thatsmrmastercraft
06-25-2012, 11:45 PM
Replaced the old Goodyear Marathons with new ones about 2 months ago. Same size as what was on there, at the same pressure. The old ones never rubbed at all, even on the most extreme of highway bumps (which I normally try to avoid). The new tires will rub the outside edge of the tire on stuff that seems like they shouldn't. I dont want to continue to rub the tires, but most importantly I dont want to crack a fender if they connect well enough.

Did Goodyear change the sizing of these things? Is there a good way to space the axle from the springs so that they dont rub? 1" steel riser block and longer U-bolts?

Tire sizes are not standardized, and there is some variation between brands. I haven't seen any variation within a brand. Are you sure you have the same size tires as you used to? What size are you running?

Lift blocks and longer u-bolts are the correct way to raise things up.