PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Eastie...

bradamerry
08-24-2005, 10:54 PM
Read the whole thread and watch Dougy take up for TMC!!!

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2042&st=0

bcampbe7
08-24-2005, 10:58 PM
Is this our skisix@38?!?

Thanks for representing a true MasterCraft enthusiast Doug!

6ballsisall
08-24-2005, 11:03 PM
Jeez, easty! The edjumacation really taught you poise and delivery! Nice work my friend! :steering:

Edit: I'll be back, I guess I need to go check on my stock level of clearasil :rolleyes:

rodltg2
08-24-2005, 11:08 PM
i cant believe they now tpt over there too. too funny

east tx skier
08-24-2005, 11:09 PM
Thanks. Yes, that's our skisix@38. Well, actually, he's their skisix. He's a good guy. He catches a hard time on here sometimes. Started with one of the first threads to be deleted over here. Mine was the second. :D And boy did I biatch about that one! 8p

The old Malibu board was a fine forum and very active. This incarnation seems to have a lot of that same spirit (and people). But I think wakesiderides got the "how tos," which I have always enjoyed reading. I honestly haven't spent much time over at the malibu crew though. No reason, just haven't been getting over there much.

It's all good. But I got to take up for this place (my cyber home).

/ughh, I'm such a geek.

Mag_Red
08-24-2005, 11:29 PM
OK, so who are the pimple faced ones here??? Nice post Doug :toast:

6ballsisall
08-24-2005, 11:30 PM
OK, so who are the pimple faced ones here??? Nice post Doug :toast:

10 years ago me, not so today thank god! :cool:

RickDV
08-24-2005, 11:39 PM
Read the whole thread and watch Dougy take up for TMC!!!

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2042&st=0

Did ya notice that at least they were envious of our swimsuit thread?

6ballsisall
08-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Did ya notice that at least they were envious of our swimsuit thread?

Chicks dig guys in MC's. Hot women know quality, look at the married ones, they always have the big rocks on their finger :D

rodltg2
08-24-2005, 11:52 PM
i tried to register to post but i didnt get a return email. i guess they dont want me. you guys are stuck with me. :headbang:

USC8791
08-25-2005, 12:00 AM
Never ceases to amaze me how easily people get bent out of shape about nothing at all. Any "competitive ribbing" is all in good fun. BU makes a great boat. I regularly ski behind a Response LX and absolutely love the wake (not as much as my 197's). But let's face it, there's not a BU owner out there who didn't want a MC as their first choice. The BU folks couldn't get a MC so now they have to live their MC dreams through our forum?

MarkP
08-25-2005, 12:44 AM
I donít get over to that board often but it sure seems like a lively place.:rolleyes:

Ric
08-25-2005, 02:07 AM
I donít get over to that board often but it sure seems like a lively place.:rolleyes:

You do make us look far better than I would Eastie!

uhh ok I admit the supposed condescending comments came from me in some thread regarding PP:
MLANGE "I was trying to help out someone on Team MasterCraft a week or so ago who was trying to decide whether or not to go w/ PP WBPro or Digital Pro and got lambasted along with a comment I took as condescending regarding MBO. "

I happen to think skisix knows his bidness and have absolutely no problem with him(apparantly jim might).

Mlange, you may be offended but you know the context of that thread.

the TMC swimsuit thread reference over there was refreshing :banana:

has girl been "banned" as some crew poster mentioned? :noface: hell, she's just feisty!

I've never heard of bu envy? hahahahhahaha------whooooooooooo--hum .

There's plenty of M people at my place, I have no problem with them.

All you people with fords though, you can just______ :noface:
kinda reminds me of that line from blazing saddles about the Irish.(sorry BriEOD)

sizzler
08-25-2005, 03:49 AM
eloquently put doug

BriEOD
08-25-2005, 08:40 AM
kinda reminds me of that line from blazing saddles about the Irish.(sorry BriEOD)

I'm not Irish Ric, I'm American buddy. Get that straight!!

sizzler
08-25-2005, 08:42 AM
ouch........get yoooo :cool:

BriEOD
08-25-2005, 08:45 AM
Doug--Very diplomatically put. We've got some characters on here, without a doubt. Some folks have to get a little thicker skin. The swimsuit thing with the MC vs. M, people were kidding. I can't believe anyone got their feather ruffled. Of course people are going to be pro-MC over here, DUH! This site does some serious volume. I wonder if any of the other sites had to shut down and ask for more bandwidth on the server? I hope all the other boat owners find soft water, strong pulls and cold beer. :toast:

BriEOD
08-25-2005, 08:47 AM
ouch........get yoooo :cool:
Well I'm not Pete. That's one of my pet peeves. My ancestors cam from Ireland a LONG time ago. But, I've never been to Ireland. I can see it now I show up in Ireland: hi everyone I'm Irish! Yeah, right. I'm not Irish-American either. I am American. *** is an Irish-American or an Italian-American. Do you have dual citizenship? You're just American.

6ballsisall
08-25-2005, 09:53 AM
I think the only people who have Malibu envy are the Moomba owners. Everyone I know of has Mastercraft ownership envy.

Nice to see they are enjoying the SS thread. Funny how they can't seem to get one going on their "non censored" site :rolleyes:

sizzler
08-25-2005, 10:18 AM
Well I'm not Pete. That's one of my pet peeves. My ancestors cam from Ireland a LONG time ago. But, I've never been to Ireland. I can see it now I show up in Ireland: hi everyone I'm Irish! Yeah, right. I'm not Irish-American either. I am American. *** is an Irish-American or an Italian-American. Do you have dual citizenship? You're just American.

thats true bri.......i'm english...plain ol' english and thats how i like it...not british...just english

we have a saying...."british by birth,english by the grace of god" :toast:

skisix@38
08-25-2005, 10:19 AM
Is this our skisix@38?!?

Thanks for representing a true MasterCraft enthusiast Doug!

Yes that's me! Yesterday I posted a correction for TMC and pointed out the fact that the 197 doesn't hold a world record for slalom, it was not approved by the records committe. TMC deleted my post. I see now that there are others here that saw the slalom record wasn't approved and pointed it out as well. I didn't say anything bad about the 197 or about MC, I stated the record wasn't approved because of boat path. Go to usawaterski and check it out for yourselves.

And thanks Doug for piping up for your kin on the malibu board, the rest of you should have put in your 2 cents to - you won't be censored there even if you start talking about MC being the best.

I know you all think your boats are the best and that you work hard to get them, I understand becuase I worked hard to get my MC in '94 and it was a great boat for the ten years I had. Then I upgraded to my RLXi. Yep, I switched to Bu and I still love to ski. I used to be as die hard MC as some of you folks are and talk about Bu's would boil my blood! Then I grew up. I ski behind anything now that's got a pylon in the middle and gas in the tank and I ski well behind all the big three, I've even been skiing behind a '97 PS190 lately and that's a sweet boat.

Doug, thanks for continuing to be a person of moral character.

Ric
08-25-2005, 11:26 AM
soooo, you weren't offended, or you were offended? Either way I apologized in advance, before I found a post from you on some other site saying I was offending or condescending or something . :D

Ric
08-25-2005, 11:32 AM
Yes that's me! Yesterday I posted a correction for TMC and pointed out the fact that the 197 doesn't hold a world record for slalom, it was not approved by the records committe. TMC deleted my post. I see now that there are others here that saw the slalom record wasn't approved and pointed it out as well. I didn't say anything bad about the 197 or about MC, I stated the record wasn't approved because of boat path. Go to usawaterski and check it out for yourselves.

And thanks Doug for piping up for your kin on the malibu board, the rest of you should have put in your 2 cents to - you won't be censored there even if you start talking about MC being the best.

I know you all think your boats are the best and that you work hard to get them, I understand becuase I worked hard to get my MC in '94 and it was a great boat for the ten years I had. Then I upgraded to my RLXi. Yep, I switched to Bu and I still love to ski. I used to be as die hard MC as some of you folks are and talk about Bu's would boil my blood! Then I grew up. I ski behind anything now that's got a pylon in the middle and gas in the tank and I ski well behind all the big three, I've even been skiing behind a '97 PS190 lately and that's a sweet boat.

Doug, thanks for continuing to be a person of moral character.
skiing tournaments you have to be ready to ski behind all three. I've always said that the brands don't matter to the pros. They've had to show up and ski well behind ALL brands for years and years to get to the top.

east tx skier
08-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Hi Gregg. I never saw your post about the world record stuff. There are some posts about that on here somewhere though. Sorry it got deleted. I'll iterate that you and I have the somewhat dubious distinction of starting the first two threads every to be totally deleted on this site. :)

skisix@38
08-25-2005, 12:20 PM
Hi Gregg. I never saw your post about the world record stuff. There are some posts about that on here somewhere though. Sorry it got deleted. I'll iterate that you and I have the somewhat dubious distinction of starting the first two threads every to be totally deleted on this site. :)

That was the whole point of my post on the malibu site, I posted it and it was almost immediately deleted. I did see some stuff on here pointing out the same thing and that has left me wondering why me? I'll never know. I was thinking "they" would delete my reply because I said the "M" word.

PendO
08-27-2005, 01:13 PM
skiing tournaments you have to be ready to ski behind all three. I've always said that the brands don't matter to the pros. They've had to show up and ski well behind ALL brands for years and years to get to the top.

Yeah, but it probably works out well to set a WR behind your sponsors boat;) Oh, if not for a little deviation the world would be right again;)

Ric
08-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Yeah, but it probably works out well to set a WR behind your sponsors boat;) Oh, if not for a little deviation the world would be right again;)
glad I'm not that driver in this case!