PDA

View Full Version : Maristar 240 Owner's

rockcrwlr72
06-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Hello all,

I recently purchased a 1990 Maristar 240 open bow. I am looking to restore it, the guy before was not a very good mechanic and did not know how to work on electrical for beans. Anyways I am looking for you help, any pictures you 240 owners can provide showing engine wiring, trans wiring would be awesome. Please, feel free to post any and all pictures of your Maristar 240.

MC240
06-25-2012, 10:50 PM
I have a 1991 240 with 454 HO. I have an album posted here. Let me know specifically what you are looking for and I will take pics this weekend to try to help.

rockcrwlr72
06-26-2012, 01:06 AM
OK, if you could take pictures of your neutral safety switch wiring, and the wiring going to your fuel sender that would be great. Also could I get pictures of the rear hatch cover. I saw yours looks like it was gel coated and its just beautiful. Mine as is it sits is straight plywood and I would love to make mine just like yours.

I am sorry I am asking you all these questions, but your are the only 240 owner to respond. What is your fuel consumption like? The previous owner did something right and put a GEN V 454 in place of the GEN IV and then he topped it off with a Edelbrock Pro Flo Fuel Injection System and a mild Comp Cam.

Matt L.
06-26-2012, 01:07 AM
1990 240SC with the HO454 I'll do what I can. I re-wired everything from the batts to the distributor. I'll track down my hand drawn wiring diagrams and scan them in.

I can take pics too if you need them.

Great boats! We love ours!

Matt

rockcrwlr72
06-26-2012, 01:52 AM
That would be awesome thanks Matt.

psychobilly
06-26-2012, 08:25 AM
I also have a 240SC and I have pics of the motor in my profile pics. Another good way to get to more pics is go to our profiles and look through the threads we started. I know I have loads of pics in some of my old threads. Matt also has a thread with pics on his rewire the best I remember

Matt L.
06-26-2012, 09:52 AM
I did post some pics with my rewire thread(s).

I see "AZ" in the registration numbers. Where did you get it? Been boating 10 years now with our 240 out here and never saw that one.

Local dealer has 2 trashed ones. Wife saw them a few weeks ago, I'll try to take a look on Saturday. One was sunk and recovered in Mexico the other was in left to the elements in Indiana for a decade + and is equally trashed.

I don't think they are going to try to make either one work. I may try to low ball them and part them out.

Your boat looks like it is in really great shape!

Good luck!

Matt

LYNRDSKYNRD
06-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Nothing productive to add just wanted to say welcome and that I am a fan of the 240's I really like the lines they just look cool. I imagine they can also throw a killer wake.

psychobilly
06-26-2012, 12:14 PM
They do throw a heck of a wake without adding anything. Lol

rockcrwlr72
06-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Well I decided to throw some pictures of some work I have been doing.

rockcrwlr72
06-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Here they are.

rockcrwlr72
06-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Here are some more.

My Dash was in bad shape, it just cracked as soon as you touched it. So I decided to fix the problem. My brother and I cut wood to support the rear of the dash and then fiberglassed over it all. It is really strong and rigid now. If you notice the shirt my brother is wearing, it is because he had lymphoma when he was 23 years old.

rockcrwlr72
06-26-2012, 01:08 PM
So here are the things have done to the boat. Completely rebuilt the dash frame with wood and fiberglass. Sanded and re-oiled the Teak Deck, made some support plates out of stainless steel for end pieces on the swim deck that are cracked (I will rebuild the swim deck next year). Replaced all the windows with tinted ones from a 1988 Sea Ray (They fit perfect). Tightened all the window framing. Built a new rear hatch cover and got it upholstered, I just built the frame from wood. Next year I would like to make a nice one with Gel Coat. Greased everything that has a grease fitting. Removed the gas tank and cleaned the entire rear bilge area. It had lots of dirt and rust flakes. My trans mounts are going to see their last summer this year because of the amount of corrosion.

Things I need to do:
-Rewire neutral safety switch. I saw some pictures on different threads, but the do not resemble mine.
-Find where this green wire near the fuel sender goes to.
-Lube all the cables, throttle and transmission (anyone know how to do this).
-Put a new radio and speakers in, they are on order.

rockcrwlr72
06-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Matt, yes the boat is registered in Arizona. The guy I bought it from had it registered there, but lived in Ca. According to him thought the boat sat for the last two years in the garage. But I will be out in bullhead city in july with the 240.

Parts boat would be sweet.

maristar 240 dave
06-27-2012, 01:44 AM
Here is my my baby

rockcrwlr72
06-27-2012, 01:57 AM
Your 240 is very nice, I wish one day to have mine as clean as yours. By any chance do you know what the sensor is that is on the rear of the engine block that is about 4 inches long and has two wires going to it. I saw it in one of your old posts, but my sensor is not hooked up and I am wondering what it is.

maristar 240 dave
06-27-2012, 02:13 AM
does it have two purple wires coming out of the top of it?
mabey someone else will see this and offer an answer because I have no idea. Sorry

psychobilly
06-27-2012, 06:19 AM
Your 240 is very nice, I wish one day to have mine as clean as yours. By any chance do you know what the sensor is that is on the rear of the engine block that is about 4 inches long and has two wires going to it. I saw it in one of your old posts, but my sensor is not hooked up and I am wondering what it is.

Take a pic of it and post it. There's a fuel pressure sensor on the port side, rear, top of block on mine. Right where the bell housing attaches to the block. Only sensor I can think of right now.

rockcrwlr72
06-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Yup that is it, I have no idea what it is and where it is supposed to hook up to. The sensor on mine is just the sensor no wires coming from it and there are no wires in the engine compartment that are not hooked up. I am wondering if the previous owner cut them out? I do not think it is a fuel pressure sensor. I will try to get some pics today,but we will see the boat is stored in a separate location.

rockcrwlr72
06-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Also Dave or Psychobilly, do you guys have a GEN V or GEN IV. I looking for some block casting numbers. My boat originally had a GEN IV but the previous owner put a GEN V in it. I am just looking to see if my casting numbers are close to yours. I am not sure if he stuck a truck GEN V or Marine GEN V in it.

psychobilly
06-27-2012, 01:20 PM
I ain't got no idear"....... OEM I reckon......

Matt L.
07-10-2012, 10:30 AM
FYI, Indmar will run the number for you if you can find the Indmar engine ID tag. Then just call them. They should be able to look it up, that is if it is still an indmar engine.

Later,

Matt

psychobilly
07-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks matt

rockcrwlr72
07-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Yeah I am pretty sure the engine is a reman or a truck engine. The previous owner put a "mild" cam in it. The engine does not lope at all and has a good idle, so I am thinking the cam is in the low .500"of lift range. I will not know until I pull of the timming gear cover and look at the numbers. I can't find the tag on it, where is it on your engines? Anyways a big block with a mild cam and fuel injection can easily mean 500 ft. lbs. of torque. Which means the boat could move a house off it's foundation.

psychobilly
07-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Dude, I know mine could! When you put her in gear she just bites. Lol constantly in and out of gear in the marina to keep her held back. Lol

rockcrwlr72
07-11-2012, 12:47 AM
Here are some pics of the dash work and the new switches and breakers.

psychobilly
07-11-2012, 06:07 AM
Oh yeah, that dash is turning out really nice.

rockcrwlr72
07-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Here are some pictures from Big Bear, Ca. Took the boat this weekend and discovered that the tranny has seen its last days, the strut bearings are definitely done and I had horrible cavitation burn. Such bad cavitation burn that it stuck a 1/4 inch groove into the front part of my rudder. Anyways here are the pictures of family, friends and the wife.

rockcrwlr72
07-18-2012, 03:04 PM
And some more pics

rockcrwlr72
07-18-2012, 03:09 PM
I found out the 454 casting numbers the previous owner had put in, corresponds with a 1996 and newer Gen VI big block. Fuel economy was pretty dang good and I can only expect the economy to go up once I rebuild the trans and put new strut bearings in.

johnlanguab
07-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Great job!