PDA

View Full Version : Time to get a tower!!!!!!!!

Dude1021
08-24-2005, 10:30 PM
I have been searching for the very best tower to put on my new
old hot rod.... If any one out there in mastercraft universe has any
suggestions I would love to hear them on my search for a top
quality tower......I have checked out all of the most popular ones
the skylon, boss, new demension, proflight etc... The one I like the
best is the Monster tower I have seen some pics of this one on a
boat like mine I just want to know if any one has any knowledge
of this brand is it tough? Me and my buddies are not light weight
flyboys but we do get air!!! Heavy air!!!!!! The mastercraft I will be
bolting it to is a 1986 power slot 190 I have already cleaned out the
cobb webs in the engine and it now pushes about 360 hp.. I do the
hot rod thing with fords...I know them like the back of my hand...
I know my boat is old school but it will chew most all of those
new ones up and spit em out.....Now that you can feel this thing
comming across the water like an F14 tomcat I just don't want to rip
the tower off of it when we are doing some psycho G's on the tube!!
Help me out if you can and I will be glad to help you make your
friends wonder what that thundering sound is comming from your
Mastercraft.....Oh yeah Ford only though First on Race Day....
BowTie's are for wussies....LOL I do the chevy ones too.....
Thanks for the info your comments will help........ :headbang:

BriEOD
08-25-2005, 08:17 AM
Big Air Towers
Titan Towers
Ichor Towers

The Governor
08-25-2005, 10:38 AM
Dude,

Where are you located? If you're in Florida, you might check out Bay Area Watersports (BAWS).

If not, you can also check out Monster Towers, in addition to the ones listed above.

Gov

jimmer2880
08-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Dude,

Where are you located? If you're in Florida, you might check out Bay Area Watersports (BAWS).

If not, you can also check out Monster Towers, in addition to the ones listed above.

Gov

in the very least - the Monster towers web pages sure are easy on the eyes! 8p

The Governor
08-25-2005, 12:54 PM
in the very least - the Monster towers web pages sure are easy on the eyes! 8p

You can say that again! Yummmy! :eek3:

btmag
08-25-2005, 11:54 PM
I just bought a '95 ProSport 205.
My dealer suggested not putting a
tower on this boat. Anyone know why?

PendO
08-26-2005, 12:42 AM
I just bought a '95 ProSport 205.
My dealer suggested not putting a
tower on this boat. Anyone know why?

What reason did they give you?

Sometimes a bad aftermarket job can be a deduct on the boat when you go to sell it ... but there are some great aftermarket towers out there if you can find a reputable shop/installer.

chathamsolutions
08-26-2005, 02:15 AM
Titan towers ROCK!

In addition to the 'heavy air warriors' I've pulled behind my boat, last week we pulled a 3 man tube (with 6 kids on it) and another tube with 3 kids on it - all at the same time. The tower is rock solid. Never a flex.

If you're considering Monster Towers (I hear good things about them) you should look at the TI. The pricing has come way down and they're very close in pricing now.

Good luck.

Jayc
08-26-2005, 06:49 AM
I have the joystick universal on my 88 190 and I think it suits the shape of the boat well. Its a more angular (if thats a word) tower and looks good with the square shape of the screen.

Easy to fit too and solid as hell.

btmag
08-26-2005, 11:14 AM
PendO,
they said the hull was not made to handle a tower.
The fiberglass would have spider crakes in it and the gel coat
would start chipping.
I knew I had seen alot of older MC with towers on them.
What do you guys think?

Ninjaneer
07-26-2014, 03:25 PM
Bump

I have a 1986 as well. I just purchased the wave tower from bigairtowers and will install it in the next couple of days. I will post some pictures when it's all done. The only thing that concerns me is mounting it. The fiberglass doesn't seem extremely thick in the mid section of the boat where this tower will mount. I've attached a picture that I cropped together to get an idea of how it will look.

Thoughts anybody???????

neil.anderson63
07-26-2014, 03:29 PM
Please don't do it...

Ninjaneer
07-26-2014, 03:35 PM
lol it will be in black and that bimini will not be on mine. I couldn't find the black tower to crop into the pic. I think it's the only tower that won't ruin the lines the closed bow creates

Ninjaneer
07-26-2014, 03:35 PM
I also like that it won't disrupt my view while I'm driving.

JMLVMI
07-26-2014, 03:37 PM
FYI...Probably won't find a lot of support putting *that* tower on *that* boat...that being said, it's your money and boat, so enjoy!

SJ.
07-26-2014, 04:15 PM
Please don't do it...

Lol, understatement...

roadster02
07-26-2014, 04:16 PM
Another great looking 190 bites the dust. Seriously, that is the most fugly thing I've seen in awhile.

supturb89
07-26-2014, 05:26 PM
Ouch ��

Saltdog
07-26-2014, 08:19 PM
Hey it's your boat . As long as you like it go for it . Enjoy it and have fun on the water .

Mastercraft13
07-26-2014, 08:43 PM
Hey it's your boat . As long as you like it go for it . Enjoy it and have fun on the water .

x2 on that one, it is your boat. Don't think you will get too much MC love on here though

snork
07-26-2014, 08:53 PM
get a wake specific boat don't destroy the 190

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
07-26-2014, 08:59 PM
Bump

I have a 1986 as well. I just purchased the wave tower from bigairtowers and will install it in the next couple of days. I will post some pictures when it's all done. The only thing that concerns me is mounting it. The fiberglass doesn't seem extremely thick in the mid section of the boat where this tower will mount. I've attached a picture that I cropped together to get an idea of how it will look.

Thoughts anybody???????

Be sure to post some pictures of your tower/boat when you get it installed would love to see it...

stuartmcnair
07-28-2014, 10:15 AM
I know on mine the New Dimension tower at least has the same lines as the boat. I only catch moderate he!! for putting the tower on it. That Wave? You might hear about that...

All said and done though you are the one that gets to decide what you do with your boat. I like towers as they are functional but I want something that looks as close to factory as possible.

mzimme
07-28-2014, 10:24 AM
Another great looking 190 bites the dust. Seriously, that is the most fugly thing I've seen in awhile.

The irony of someone caring so much about someone else's tower, yet wanting to do exactly what you want to do with your yard/used car lot is hilarious. ;)

bturner2
07-28-2014, 11:47 AM
I am speechless with your choice but as others have stated it's yours to do with as you will. I wouldn't be expecting any added value when you go to sell and it may actually take away from any potential buyers looking for a classic MasterCraft.

captain planet
07-28-2014, 11:48 AM
Please don't do it...

Lol, understatement...

X3. Please don't. Covi may drive off a cliff if you do that to that boat. :(

If you do, there is a new Corvette for sale down the street from me that is dying to have a lift kit and some all terrain tires installed on it. :( If you wish to destroy an older vintage ski boat, at least do it to a ski anitque from the mid 80's, may I suggest the 2001 hull to destroy?

02ProstarSammyD
07-28-2014, 12:26 PM

Thoughts anybody???????

I think it looks like chit but its your boat. I'll be more than happy to giggle at it in the worst tower thread. Get something tasteful for a boat like that like a ND

homer12
07-28-2014, 12:49 PM
You asked for thoughts and looks like you're getting them. No offense, but that is one of the most ugly towers I've seen for a universal.

dvsone79
07-28-2014, 01:00 PM
Normally I'd just leave this alone but it is worth repeating. That is one fugly tower.

Mastercraft13
07-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Was pondering, is there any boat that would look good on? I can't seem to come up with one that would with the exception to a bayliner which that would probably add some value to that.

Drake2785
07-28-2014, 01:15 PM
Bump

Thoughts anybody???????

WTH IS THIS !

Ironhorse
07-28-2014, 01:23 PM
Sorry but I have to agree with the rest...fugly.

stuartmcnair
07-28-2014, 03:03 PM
upon further reflection I think this has to be a troll

kyfooter
07-28-2014, 03:25 PM
No S&S or '86 should have a tower on them. Just my $.02

Nice, classic boats that look better left untouched. The thought of putting a $2,000 tower on a $7,000 boat with no wake seems silly.

Aric'sX15
07-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Yeah id never put a tower on these older boats strictly off the ROI aspect. now a 300 dollar skylon, sure.

captain planet
07-28-2014, 04:29 PM
Was pondering, is there any boat that would look good on? I can't seem to come up with one that would with the exception to a bayliner which that would probably add some value to that.

On a Bu' perhaps. But really you can dress a pig, but the tail will still be sticking out. 8p

205er
07-28-2014, 05:10 PM
Ninjaneer-that tower looks like it's on backwards. Also, if you mount it that far back how in the world are you going to slalom ski off the pylon?

Big Air makes some nice towers - did you consider the Vapor? It doesn't look too bad on some MCs. But that one you chose looks really weak.

roadster02
08-21-2014, 04:50 PM
:confused:The OP asked for opinions. I don't care what he puts on his boat, and I would not tell him he cannot put it on there just because I don't like it, or it's the wrong color, or he did not submit plans, I just gave him my thoughts, unlike you HOA lovers who want to force everyone to comply with YOUR idea of what is right. No irony there.

The irony of someone caring so much about someone else's tower, yet wanting to do exactly what you want to do with your yard/used car lot is hilarious. ;)

Covi
08-21-2014, 08:21 PM
HAha, LOL, i just saw this post. Well i'm going to zip it on this one. wait I can't. I think the Corvette analogy is perfect!

X3. Please don't. Covi may drive off a cliff if you do that to that boat. :(

If you do, there is a new Corvette for sale down the street from me that is dying to have a lift kit and some all terrain tires installed on it. :( If you wish to destroy an older vintage ski boat, at least do it to a ski anitque from the mid 80's, may I suggest the 2001 hull to destroy?