PDA

View Full Version : Boat Shut Down

hadzinak
06-25-2012, 03:04 PM
I was cruising back after a day of wakeboarding and suddenly without any alarm or anything the boat just shut down... I tried to get it started again but while the ignition was working the boat wouldn't start. I got towed back and thought something was wrong with the fuel pump. I took the fuel pump apart and saw it was working properly.... Any thoughts on what to check next?

ntidsl
06-25-2012, 03:13 PM
kill switch...read up on the forum a bit...you'll find the check lists of what to look for first

73blue
06-25-2012, 09:22 PM
kill switch...read up on the forum a bit...you'll find the check lists of what to look for first

My first thought as well.

LYNRDSKYNRD
06-25-2012, 10:02 PM
If not kill switch check the coil, its uncommon but mine went out two seasons ago...of course it was only 25 years old.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

mikeg205
06-25-2012, 10:03 PM
safety lanyard, temp sens, fuel pressure, coil if equipped, what year boat, or like my friends rinker, completely clogged flame arrestor.

hadzinak
06-26-2012, 12:20 AM
Can anybody provide some more info regarding the kill switch?

73blue
06-26-2012, 06:51 AM
If I'm not mistaken the kill switch cuts power to the fuel pump, which would cause the issue you are having. It could be that you bumped it with your leg, knocking the lanyard loose. Or the plastic tab that holds the switch down could have gotten weak. If the lanyards on, try holding the switch down with your finger and starting the boat. Sometimes the switch itself goes bad. To check that, you would need to put a test light on it, or remove the switch and hook the wires together (temporarily of course:))

psychobilly
06-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Search the forum for "fuel pressure switch" and you can read on how to trouble shoot it. I recently had a similar issue as you. Easy search is go to my profile and search my post. Good luck

malibu-dale
06-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Had this happen 1 time in 1 of my Malibus with the Indmar engine,,it ended up being the ignition control module. Simple change out and back on the water