PDA

View Full Version : 1994 mastercraft single axle trailer

frankster66
06-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Hello-:D

I have a Mastercraft trailer, the brakes don't seam to be working, I know nothing about this trailer, and need help.
Where is the master cylinder? I looked under the tong of the trailer, but it seems like a closed box section.
When I'm pulling the boat, and I applied the bakes, I keep here clunks in the back by the trailer ball, I'm assuming its the tong sliding back and forth trying to active the trailer brakes. I read their is a shock in the trailer but I don't know were.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Web site to read would be great also

Thanks
Frank:D

charrison327
06-25-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm not 100%, but it is probably a UFP. Here is a link but I do remember several threads recently about this. I am actually about to install a new one on my 96 trailer and redo all the breaks.

http://www.ufpnet.com/Actuators/tabid/54/Default.aspx

Hope this helps a little and gets you on the right track

wtrskr
06-25-2012, 02:21 PM
I have a '94 trailer and am in a similar situation. The first thing I tried to do was bleed the brake lines. It is possible that doing so could take care of your problem.

After trying to bleed my brake lines I found brake fluid dripping out of my actuator. Unfortunately I've been having troubles removing the pin that holds the actuator in place to inspect further. In my searches on this site I've found that is is common to have difficulty removing the pin so you could run into the same thing . I've been spraying it with PB blaster every so often with the hopes that it will losen up rust holding it in place.

FrankSchwab
06-25-2012, 04:01 PM
When I redid the brakes on mine, I just replaced the entire "inner member", rather than trying to dissassemble and R&R the master cylinder, shock, wear pads, etc. Here's (http://www.pacifictrailers.com/UFP-A-60-Brake-Actuator-Replacement-Parts-for-Disc-Drum-brakes/) a good place to get prices on the various bits.

/frank

mikeg205
06-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Break lines probably leaking.. get new inner member, backing plates and flexible line.... I did it in bits and pieces and finally replaced it all....

frankster66
06-26-2012, 07:39 AM
Thank you for your comments.

Charrison327 - That was the web page I was looking for, thanks.

I'm going to look at the inner member closer and determine if I should get a new one or fix what I have. Getting new brake lines sounds like a good idea also.

Thanks again everyone!

Frank

Philscbx
06-26-2012, 09:10 AM
I'm going to look at the inner member closer and determine if I should get a new one or fix what I have.You'll have to fully rebuild / replace the calipers & master same time.
Axle service for bearings / seals as well.

charrison327
06-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Thank you for your comments.

Charrison327 - That was the web page I was looking for, thanks.

Frank

No prob and good luck

atlfootr
06-27-2012, 10:41 AM
I'm 100% sure here is a link about this.
http://www.ufpnet.com/Actuators/tabid/54/Default.aspx

Hope this helps Fantastic find!