PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump??

medicmoose
06-24-2012, 01:09 PM
So, dropped our boat in the lake this morning and went to start it...no starting. I am not hearing the fuel pump pressuring up when the key is initially turned on. Is there a fuse I should check or is this a sign that the pump is no good? It's on a 2008 MS200 with the LY6...is the pump in the gas tank? Engine turns over just fine...just won't fire up.

Basically, where should I start?

Thanks!

mikeg205
06-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Hey medic ...http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=25783&highlight=fuel+pump

Lake of the woods? anywhere near Kenora?

medicmoose
06-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the link mgoczak....yup, right in Kenora. Was at the launch this morning and no go.

mikeg205
06-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the link mgoczak....yup, right in Kenora. Was at the launch this morning and no go.

Do you live there...I will be in the area last week in July and 1st week in august... ski on Longbow lake... fish on the big lake via portage on storm bay road.

JMCDONALD505
06-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Any pressure at the top of the motor?

mikeg205
06-24-2012, 05:39 PM
beautiful day .. I always take look at www.gokenor.com.

medicmoose
06-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Do you live there...I will be in the area last week in July and 1st week in august... ski on Longbow lake... fish on the big lake via portage on storm bay road.

I like Longbow Lake! Never had the Mastercraft on that lake...just our old boat. It's a hard lake to launch into. I do live here...have for 7 years now and love the area! Lots of water and it doesn't get crowded.

I should be around when you are in town...if I'm lucky and have the boat running we'll be on Lake of the Woods. We are in a grey and white MS200 with tower and Wetsounds speakers. We always launch at Anicinabe.

Have a safe trip up!

medicmoose
06-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Any pressure at the top of the motor?

How would I check that? The one thing I do know for sure, is I can't here the pump cycle when I turn the key on so I would guess that there is no pressure at the motor.

medicmoose
06-24-2012, 06:12 PM

Good line-up of music during the August long weekend. We'll probably be on the harbour front to listen in.

http://harbourfest.ca/

mikeg205
06-24-2012, 06:30 PM
I like Longbow Lake! Never had the Mastercraft on that lake...just our old boat. It's a hard lake to launch into. I do live here...have for 7 years now and love the area! Lots of water and it doesn't get crowded.

I should be around when you are in town...if I'm lucky and have the boat running we'll be on Lake of the Woods. We are in a grey and white MS200 with tower and Wetsounds speakers. We always launch at Anicinabe.

Have a safe trip up!

I'll ping when up - maybe we can make a day o fit...

goof luck on th repair

mikeg205
06-24-2012, 06:30 PM
should a fitting like on the tire to check fuel pressure in fuel rail.

medicmoose
06-24-2012, 10:45 PM
Okay, as it turns out, I am a complete tool! Check the simple stuff first! That safety lanyard that I never remove...was removed. Once installed...wow, it fired right up. Lesson learned!

TN X-45
06-24-2012, 10:46 PM
I've been there - especially with kids!

BMcD
06-25-2012, 02:46 AM
Medic,

Not a tool at all. I've got a buddy that has a Sea Ray Pachanga (first mistake) that had to get towed off the lake one day because of the same problem. Did I mention he is a mechanic by trade? Yeah, he went straight into checking all the majors and overlooked the minors. We've all been there, keep your chin up!

BMcD - '06 X45

Day1 Wake (http://www.liveday1.com)

vision
06-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Okay, as it turns out, I am a complete tool! Check the simple stuff first! That safety lanyard that I never remove...was removed. Once installed...wow, it fired right up. Lesson learned!

Been there, done that.

Dear MC,

Please display an alert on the VDIG/BIG/Dash that indicates the lanyard circuit is open.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Just finished looking like an idiot in front of my friends.

mikeg205
06-25-2012, 09:05 PM
lol... good finding that....not a tool at all. friend had a mechanic in a marina take apart key starter and pull starter...only to find safety lanyard pulled off. mechanic put his tail between his legs and offered by buddy a beer for the waste of time....simple first - unless you're a MC fanatic I guess...lol.

Table Rocker
06-25-2012, 09:29 PM
As I was towing some guy in a Baja 242 Islander about 5 miles to his trailer last weekend I thought about asking him if his lanyard had come off. I didn't ask, but I probably should have. He bought the boat that morning and it quit on his first day out. He wasn't too happy, so I left him alone. On top of all that he was from Nebraska, so he was a long way from home at Table Rock.