PDA

View Full Version : guages not working

PS195
06-23-2012, 12:43 PM
2000, PS195, put boat in water last week all guages worked for 3 days, this weekend no guages working
went under steering wheel pulled the circuit board, some water in there will let it dry completely
plastic frame looks good, is it water from speedo tubes that may have frozen in winter that has broken something and is allowing water to get to circuit board?
any possible solution to block water from board?
thanks

johny123
06-28-2012, 03:19 PM
bump.

i've had the same problem, read past posts about checking the grounds - behind the dash, at the battery and on the engine.

if the mcu/mcd/whatever the acronym is - isn't soaked and seems to be ok - it would most likely be electrical, right?

so specific questions:

1) can anybody provide some sort of guidance as to where the ground on the engine block would be located on a predator 310?

2) is full replacement of the wire/cable required? and if so - what is a suitable replacement? ie awg?

JBrew
06-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Would like some help as well. Only one of our speedometers is working... not sure how that could be?

fintek9
06-28-2012, 05:36 PM
2000, PS195, put boat in water last week all guages worked for 3 days, this weekend no guages working
went under steering wheel pulled the circuit board, some water in there will let it dry completely
plastic frame looks good, is it water from speedo tubes that may have frozen in winter that has broken something and is allowing water to get to circuit board?
any possible solution to block water from board?
thanks

I lost 2 MDC boards over a couple of years from freezing water from leaving it in the boat over winter, Then I decided that it only takes 4 screws, 2 elec. plugs, and 2 speedo tubes about 10 min worth of trouble. I bring it inside for the winter and it's never happened since.

I've had no luck myself after it dried for it to all work properly again, Just another $250+ and it all works fine:mad:

fintek9
06-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Would like some help as well. Only one of our speedometers is working... not sure how that could be?

Plugged intake tube? water pickup flipped up out back? ( i've had both)

fintek9
06-28-2012, 05:45 PM
bump.

i've had the same problem, read past posts about checking the grounds - behind the dash, at the battery and on the engine.

if the mcu/mcd/whatever the acronym is - isn't soaked and seems to be ok - it would most likely be electrical, right?

so specific questions:

1) can anybody provide some sort of guidance as to where the ground on the engine block would be located on a predator 310?

2) is full replacement of the wire/cable required? and if so - what is a suitable replacement? ie awg?

#1 Follow to big black ground wire from your battery to where it connects to your engine, Thats it!

#2 your "awg" should be on the cable. Usualy 2 or 4 gauge

JBrew
06-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Plugged intake tube? water pickup flipped up out back? ( i've had both)

If it was plugged wouldn't they both not work?

PS195
06-28-2012, 06:13 PM
fintek9, sounds like a good idea I will make that part of my fall routine
this is my 2nd board in 3 yrs, that's enough
cheers

fintek9
06-29-2012, 01:16 PM
If it was plugged wouldn't they both not work?

Not really, That's why there's 2 pickups and 2 intake tubes. If one gets plugged or picks up a weed or something you still have a backup speedo to go by.