PDA

View Full Version : More tower speakers?

riptide
06-23-2012, 12:55 AM
I have the stock 2 tower speakers on my 2006 x-30, are 2 additional tower speakers worth it for volume and clarity?

Thanks

JRW160
06-23-2012, 01:19 AM
Sell them and get wetsounds, and you will be amazed at the difference.

kal_dude
06-24-2012, 02:34 PM
i just added a 2nd set of JL Audio 7.7" on my boat, and it is awesome!!!!!!! your question is not a easy answer.... are you talking about adding a 2nd set of the same kind of speakers? how much power are you going to put to them? are you going to run them on a 2 ohm load? are your tower speakers going to be on a 2 channel amp, or a 4 channel amp? speaker wire size? do you have enough sub/subs to keep up with the extra sound of the 7.7's?
kal

riptide
06-24-2012, 04:12 PM
i just added a 2nd set of JL Audio 7.7" on my boat, and it is awesome!!!!!!! your question is not a easy answer.... are you talking about adding a 2nd set of the same kind of speakers? how much power are you going to put to them? are you going to run them on a 2 ohm load? are your tower speakers going to be on a 2 channel amp, or a 4 channel amp? speaker wire size? do you have enough sub/subs to keep up with the extra sound of the 7.7's?
kal

Those are all good questions as I was going to keep all stock amp and stereo that came with boat.

If I add the 2 speakers, do I need a new amp?

Thrall
06-24-2012, 10:00 PM
Look at your stock amp. It is probably 75w/ch. The JL speAkers really shine with about 150w/ch, so yes a new amp will be in order if you want loud and clear.
If you want everything to match then the MC JL spkrs are very good quality, but if you just want the best sound at the end of the rope then swap them out for some HLCD spkrs and sell the JL' s.

ZachDaddy
06-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Agree...The stock cans are great for listening to in the cove when properly powered. I have a set for sale with lights in the cans and classic grills if your interested?

If your boarding at 55 feet, the HCLD's are the best choice.

riptide
06-24-2012, 10:37 PM
How much for the stock speakers?

If you have pics I just need to make sure they match my current. (2006 x30)

I assume it's not that big a project to get these hooked up? Is there a manual online somewhere?

osbornda
06-25-2012, 02:51 AM
Concur...wetsounds are the only way to go.... I have an X-80 with (2) Rev 10's

EarmarkMarine
06-25-2012, 11:00 AM
You won't find a bigger fan than me of the midbass, smoothness and natural musicality of the JL Audio M770 'T's.....for near field listening in a quiet environment.
Four of these with 150 to 200 watts each are amazing but are still not going to reach wake range with good distinctive and articulate qualities in the face of exhaust, wind and turbulance.
That is a job for an HLCD.
These are 7.7" drivers with conventional soft dome tweeters in .15 cu.ft. displacement pods.
You can have deep midbass extension, high sensitivity and linearity. However, you can only get two of the three in a small pod. There are no exceptions.

David
Earmark Marine