PDA

View Full Version : Want 2 boat covers.

JR8778
06-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Am I crazy for wanting two boat covers? I have a great towable cover by evolution. I want another cover for when the boat is on the lift. One that covers the swim platform and goes to the water line for more protection. I biggest question is how to get my wife to see the importance of two covers.

itch2ski
06-22-2012, 05:52 PM
Resale value. No faded gel coat.

teamhowey
06-22-2012, 06:43 PM
I have two covers and and am having evolution make me another right now. Ironically, my wife was just asking why we need another cover also. Using the mooring cover when its sitting outside in the sun to protect from sun fading. I know we dont get a lot of sun in the northwest, but it will still cause fading

medicmoose
06-22-2012, 10:07 PM
I've got the exact set-up that you are planning on...wouldn't have it any other way. Bought my cover that goes over the tower and down to the water line (and over the swim platform) from a member here.

X25John
06-23-2012, 08:50 AM
I have 3 covers. Shipping cover that covers entire boat. One that covers the boat with the tower up and one that covers the boat when the tower is down. Also bought a swim platform cover. Guess I'm a little ate up! It's all about resale value......keeping the gel from fading. The boat is stored on a lift in a covered slip in the summer and inside in the winter. Once the boat starts to fade its almost too late to start worrying about covers. When I recently sold my 2004 X10 someone asked if it was a new model. Covers make a difference!

2RLAKE
06-23-2012, 08:52 AM
I have 3 covers. Shipping cover that covers entire boat. One that covers the boat with the tower up and one that covers the boat when the tower is down. Also bought a swim platform cover. Guess I'm a little ate up! It's all about resale value......keeping the gel from fading. The boat is stored on a lift in a covered slip in the summer and inside in the winter. Once the boat starts to fade its almost too late to start worrying about covers. When I recently sold my 2004 X10 someone asked if it was a new model. Covers make a difference!

where did you get a swim platform cover? there was a thread a year or so on here where someone made one ... would like to just buy on .. thanks

JR8778
06-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the votes of need. Evolution will make just swim platform cover.

vrsc
06-23-2012, 01:29 PM
where did you get a swim platform cover? there was a thread a year or so on here where someone made one ... would like to just buy on .. thanks

I need one too. Just the platform cover

fskof
06-23-2012, 01:39 PM
You can purchase a swim platform cover here

http://www.beyondthewake.com/

X25John
06-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Got the swim platform cover from www.beyondthewake.com. Didn't have the pattern for the X25 so I sent measurements and they made one. Works perfect.

vrsc
06-25-2012, 06:38 AM
thank you!