PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs Prop help - 89 Prostar

LotusV8
06-22-2012, 07:09 AM
Good morning,

I'm new around here and new to MC, can someone tell me the correct prop size, pitch, bore and direction (any necessary specs) for a 1989 Prostar 190, or where I can go look for this.

My current original prop has a nick and would like to replace but do not know the specs or how to find the information.

Thanks in advance for your help, this is a great forum!

JL

piper_chuck
06-22-2012, 07:22 AM
I've received lots of good advice from the people at Discount Inboard Marine (http://www.skidim.com/). They're local for me, but I usually save gas and time by having them ship to me. They've always been very helpful on the phone and take the time to talk through the choices.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Good morning,

I'm new around here and new to MC, can someone tell me the correct prop size, pitch, bore and direction (any necessary specs) for a 1989 Prostar 190, or where I can go look for this.

My current original prop has a nick and would like to replace but do not know the specs or how to find the information.

Thanks in advance for your help, this is a great forum!

JL

Your prop should be stamped on the hub face, if your not able to read it then we would need to know which transmission you have, look for a tag on top of transmission.

LotusV8
06-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Most Interesting Man...

The transmission tag is stamped velevt drive 1:1.

johnlanguab
06-22-2012, 09:02 AM
I'd look into having the prop repaired. Eric @ OJ props will do it very reasonably. I don't know for certain whether he repairs non-OJ props, but it would be worth looking into.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-22-2012, 09:08 AM
Most Interesting Man...

The transmission tag is stamped velevt drive 1:1.

Your original prop is a 13x13 1"shaft LH

Check this out http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=48510

LotusV8
06-22-2012, 05:37 PM
All,

Thanks very much for the good information, I plan on checking into a new prop and repairing the existing one.

Much appreciated!