PDA

View Full Version : Looking at a 2008 X2 whats it worth?

81SNS
06-21-2012, 11:51 PM
I went this afternoon and looked at a 2008 X2, I love my old S&S but, my wife's back just cant hardly take the ride anymore, but I really dont know what the X2 is worth, I think with about a week or two of MC OCD scrubbing it will be fine, it has been used alot without cleaning, it doesnt appear that interior has had a damp rag rubbed over it in awhile, leaves and crap all in floor, no carpet, I forgot to look but doesnt appear to have ever had carpet, I dont recall seeing the snaps in the floor, no cover, 207 hours, starbord rear corner has some pretty serious sun fade on the black gel, I think it would buff out, possibly have to no grit it a bit, no tears in the upholstery that I could see, it has a dime size piece of gel missing where one side goes up to the pickle fork, teak deck, MCX 350, is there anything in particular to look at in the 08' boats? Any idea what a decent price would be? I think it is a decent boat "now", but it needs some TLC ASAP! Anyone got a idea what a decent price would be?

sand2snow22
06-22-2012, 12:46 AM
Sounds like it's been hammered. What other options besides MCX and teak, although teak is standard... Does it have a bimini? Stereo? Tower speakers? Lights? Heater, etc??? Single or tandem axle trailer???

81SNS
06-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Yes it has a bimini top, didnt fold it out but looked ok, it wasnt in its cover, jl audio speakers, with 2 cans on the tower without lights, no heater, single axle trailer I think, I didnt see it, the boat is sitting in dry storage,

surfacetension
06-22-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm no expert but It sounds like the boat has not been taken care of , If the outside was cared for like that think of what the motor and drive were beatn like ? How does anyone take a 60K boat and beat the **** out of it??

bturner2
06-22-2012, 11:10 AM
We had a whole thread on this. The consensus was that if you're a dirt bag by nature and want to rag your boat it's your boat to do with as you see fit. I don't get it but it is America and (at least for now) you're free to do as you please.

mzimme
06-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Travel a bit... and get a really nice one:

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2005-Mastercraft-X2-270381

I can go look at that boat if you're interested at all.

Thrall
06-22-2012, 11:46 AM
I'd look at it more like an opportunity to get a newer boat at a great price.
If the ownrs couldn't take the time at least clean it up for sale, they musn't be too hard up for $$, meaning good deal!
Assuming everything works incl the Vdig functions and all it needs is a good cleaning, buffing and minor gel repair and maintenance, start with what a good onewould sell for and deuct from there.
Say mid/high 40s in good shape, I'd start at mid 30s provided it doesn't need any "major" work.

Masternorth
06-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Travel a bit... and get a really nice one:

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2005-Mastercraft-X2-270381

I can go look at that boat if you're interested at all.

That is a 2005 X2 with the old prostar hull. If your wife's back is a concern, stay with your idea of a 2008 X2 which is much smoother then the old one.

I had a Prostar 205 before my 2008 X2.

BTW, I love my boat! It is an excellent all around boat. It is not a hardcore slalom boat but for the rest, it works well.

81SNS
06-22-2012, 12:09 PM
I'd look at it more like an opportunity to get a newer boat at a great price.
If the ownrs couldn't take the time at least clean it up for sale, they musn't be too hard up for $$, meaning good deal!
Assuming everything works incl the Vdig functions and all it needs is a good cleaning, buffing and minor gel repair and maintenance, start with what a good onewould sell for and deuct from there.
Say mid/high 40s in good shape, I'd start at mid 30s provided it doesn't need any "major" work.

I don't think it has Vdig, remember I am a stars and stripes guy!! It has perfect pass, but doesnt have the larger digital screen in the center, more or a analog looking gauge in center, and PP to the right of center gauge, so am I correct?

81SNS
06-22-2012, 12:16 PM
That is a 2005 X2 with the old prostar hull. If your wife's back is a concern, stay with your idea of a 2008 X2 which is much smoother then the old one.

I had a Prostar 205 before my 2008 X2.

BTW, I love my boat! It is an excellent all around boat. It is not a hardcore slalom boat but for the rest, it works well.

That and if and when I step up, I have to go with the pickle fork front, I love the way a pickle front looks!

Fab
06-22-2012, 04:50 PM
I have a '08 X2...looks like new, you have to double check there is no bad surprises cuz the way you describe it that boat has been left away...Why no cover ?! ballast pumps all working ? you have to check bimini and carpet and of course engine...

what's about upholstery ? it's easy to see if the boat was in constant overload with people or either sacked in every corner, check the back seats and sunpad...

If it has two tower speakers then it NEEDS at least two amps for both cockpit and tower speakers, and should have a sub too...check every speaker by the way...

No VDIG means you can have a great deal because every 08' boat should have it IMO, same goes for the 2010 with B.I.G

Hope this can help...but a 2008 boat should be almost immaculate !