PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust hoses

patrhodes
06-21-2012, 12:35 PM
As a general rule how often should the 2 black flex exhaust hoses be changed? My boat is a '99 and I know they have never been changed out. Is there anything to look for as a sign of wear? Looks like a fairly easy replacement?

Cloaked
06-21-2012, 12:46 PM
As a general rule how often should the 2 black flex exhaust hoses be changed? My boat is a '99 and I know they have never been changed out. Is there anything to look for as a sign of wear? Looks like a fairly easy replacement?
Click on the link in my sig line below and have a look at a hose that looks good on the outside. I replace hoses every 5 years or so.

Easier to remove the risers and deal with the hoses than to finagle the hoses. Order two new riser gaskets if you go that route (recommended).

JMann
06-21-2012, 04:16 PM
I just did mine it was a pretty easy job if you remove the risers. I think if from the back of the boat you lift the exhaust flap and shine a flash light up there you could see if the hose is collapsed.

patrhodes
06-21-2012, 04:30 PM
How do you remove the risers? Do you remove the riser with the hose attached? How much time should I allocate for this project! Thanks.

mayo93prostar
06-21-2012, 04:55 PM
still have originals on my 93