PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Inmar 350 need help

glenn0727
06-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Bought our drem boat a 2005 X80 from Marinemax Pensacola 2 months back and had it shipped to Houston with dreams of teaching the kids how to wakeboard. Well, we have yet to use it.
1st I had a mechanic go through the whole boat.
1st trip to the lake the starboard exhaust burned up. We had to get towed in. Mechanic found the hose came off on the water pump on the backside of the Starboard motor. Had everything fixed. Ran on hoses for an hour.
Trip two to the lake we idled fine trolling out the went to take off and it wouldn't hardly move. Then the Starboard engine died.
Took the boat to Dockside marine where it's been now for 3 Weeks.
Here is a list of what has been done none of which has helped.
Replaced low pressure pump in the fuel tank.
Replaced the fuel pressure regulator and sensor.
Replaced the engine temp sensor because the boat was reading -5 degrees.
Checked the compression, it was good.

The engine starts and runs fine at idle. It will even rev, but as soon as it's put under a load it dies out and sounds like it's blowing steam.
Please, I need suggestions or maybe someone else has experienced this.

Glenn
832 435 7127

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-21-2012, 11:19 PM
I assume it's the MCX engines. Did you get any check engine lights or any other warnings? I think we would need more information and then we could probable help you forum fix it. I have heard good things from dockside but they are pretty new to mastercrafts but have been doing Indmar for a while. i would guess they are pretty busy this time of year I know that *** but...

glenn0727
06-22-2012, 09:01 AM
I got smart yesterday and called Inmar. The gentleman I spoke with, Larry, said to check the aluminum exhaust manifolds as they can crack internally and allow water into the engine. Sure enough, that's what it was, so they are ordering the manifolds today.
Can't wait to get the bill for all of this. Sure seems to me that these seasoned techs would have thought to either call Inmar or check the manifolds first since it seemed so obvious to the person at Inmar.
Thank you for your response. Hoping to be on the water soon. Dragging this thing all the way to Destin next Friday.

Glenn

tideengineer
06-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Glenn- Sorry to hear the troubles and hope it get's worked out. We will be staying in the Destin Harbor next weekend too...had the sailboat on the crab flats for two weekends already so far this summer. Let me know if the 80 makes the trip.