PDA

View Full Version : Portable course on Lake Powell

gatorguy
06-20-2012, 11:04 AM
I plan to take a portable course to Lake Powell with me in July (we'll be at the end of Last Chance Bay) and I was wondering if I could just leave it in all week, or do I have to pull it out after each use. I haven't seen any rangers back in there ever, but I don't know what the real law is.

h2oskifreak
06-20-2012, 11:16 AM
If your close by to keep an eye on it and it's not in the way, I bet you'll be fine. There is often a course in Bullfrog Bay and Rangers seem to leave it alone. I don't know who sets it up, but when it's there I ski it and nobody has ever approached me. Don't actually know the LAW, but set it up out of the way and I bet your golden.

Goalie_ken
06-20-2012, 01:36 PM
I've seen courses at the end of Last Chance several times. They were there all week.

I have only seen 1 Ranger back there in 12 years.

Skipper
07-18-2012, 08:50 AM
I bring my course to Lake Powell every year. Used to take it all the way back to the end of Rock Creek Bay. Now I just hang out in the back of Warm Creek Bay. One afternoon when there was a lull in the tubing and wake surfing insanity I ran a set through the course. A couple rangers sat watching from their boat. When I finished skiing they just drove away.

This year was the first time anybody ever caused any damage to the course. Some fella in a Super Air Nautique tried to ski through the course. His driver ran over one of the boat guide bouys.

Over the years I found that the course attracts a lot of attention. Some of it is good because I meet othe water skiers who end up skiing with me. Lots of jet skiers and other clowns. But usually turns out ok.