PDA

View Full Version : 1990 MC Maristar 240 Open Bow

rockcrwlr72
06-20-2012, 03:45 AM
Hello guys and girls,

I am fairly new to the forum and the Mastercraft world. I recently purchased a 90 Maristar 240 open bow. There are many things to fix and restore, but all in good time. What I am really looking for is driver-side front windshield glass. The owner before me stuck a piece of junk/thin plastic replacement. He did not replace the weather stripping either and the frame is not put together right because i think the piece of plastic is not fitted right. Anyways, I am looking for a glass replacement windshield, only the front part not the side. Does anyone know where I can buy one? I have looked every where with no success.

Secondly, I saw you can buy MC 1989 to 1991 TriStar Glass replacements for a Open Bow TriStar. Does anyone know if the front part of the windshields in the TriStar and the MariStar are the same? From pictures I saw they look really close. Any advice and knowledge is welcome.

psychobilly
06-20-2012, 06:59 AM
Welcome to the forum cuz. ;)

I have a 240 SC, simular to yours and I have dressed her out purdy good so far. Not sure where you can find the winders but I'm sure someone here will be able to help ya out.

rockcrwlr72
06-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Thanks, got any pictures of your boat? I am always looking to see what people have done with theirs.

MC240
06-21-2012, 09:50 PM
I have a 1991 240 open bow. The windshield in my boat is a TaylorMade Clear Guard 275489. You can go online and probably contact TaylorMade to see if they offer a replacement. They may know a company that provides an aftermarket manufacturer if they do not supply anymore. Hope this helps.

rockcrwlr72
06-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the reply. Well anyways there is some really good news. My dad had a friend that let a 1988 21 sea ray rot in his backyard. We happened to be at that guys house and I saw his boat. I noticed that his windshield and side windows looked almost, if not identical to mine. Anyways I talked to the owner about parting out the boat and he told me I could have the windows for free if they fit. Low and behold the windows were the exact same measurements as my MC-240. So I replaced all the windows with the lightly tinted ones from the Sea Ray. All worked out good, and fits like it was from the factory.