PDA

View Full Version : cruise control help

onebadrubi
06-19-2012, 11:39 PM
I have an 06 maristar. I have the cruise control function, not perfect pass. I have never been able to get it to can work. I can get the speed to come up in the small window next to the mph. Say I set it at 21mph while sitting at idle. I will have the boat running in idle, hold the on indicator down till the speed comes up in the small windown along with the "lock" blinking. So now I will accelerate the boat above 21 mph and my cruise will never take over. I know on malibu's and some others you will get a beep. I get nothing and the cruise does not take over.

Any help?

Thanks.

onebadrubi
06-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Sorry, I am new here, but did I put this in the wrong section of the forum by chance?

AZX9
06-20-2012, 11:03 PM
I have perfect pass and it beeps. I would bet yours should beep as well.

onebadrubi
06-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Thanks, anyone else?

H20BOY
06-26-2012, 01:22 PM
On mine, you have to pass the desired speed when accelerating by a few mph before it will engage.

mark g
06-26-2012, 01:25 PM
I have cruise on my 197, sounds like your doing it the same as me, no sound when cruise takes over like perfect pass but mine certainly takes over, sorry cant help further.

Hrkdrivr
06-26-2012, 01:40 PM
On mine, you have to pass the desired speed when accelerating by a few mph before it will engage.

This is the key. You need to get a little above the set speed before it will take over. Just how much over is a mystery, but I usually board at 21 mph and my wife will have to get up to about 25 before it takes it. After it does, we push the throttle all the way up so there's no chance that it "thinks" you're trying to pull power back. Pulling power way back always restores you back to full manual control. (No beep on MC Cruise Control that I know of)

kodiak
06-26-2012, 01:50 PM
This is what is in the 2005 Manual...

On boats equipped with a Cruise Control System, it is possible to review various functions by toggling to the cruise control read-outs on the multi-function gauge explained earlier in this section. Note also that the throttle position must always be greater than the speed set on the cruise control. For example, if the cruise was set at 35 mph but thethrottle position is equivalent to 25 mph, the boat will not reach 35. This is also true of the RPMs. Also, the cruise control cannot be engaged with the boat is at idle speed.

System Start-Up: When the ignition is turned on the cruise control system starts in OFF mode. While it is in OFF mode, the LCD display will show the current time.
RPM Set-Point Adjustment: In order to adjust the RPM Set Point in OFF Mode, first move the RPM/SPEED mode selection switch to the RPM position. Using the +/- switch,select the desired Set Point. The RPM icon will illuminate and the LCD will display the current Set Point. Briefly pressing the +/- switch will increase or decrease the Set Point by20 RPM. Holding the switch will increase or decrease by 100 RPM. The RPM Set Point is limited to a minimum of 1200 RPM and a maximum of 5000 RPM.

Speed Set Point Adjustment: In order to adjust the Speed Set Point in OFF Mode, first move the RPM/SPEED Mode selection switch to the SPEED position. Use the +/- switchto select the desired Set Point. The SPEED icon will illuminate and the LCD will display the current Set Point. Brief presses of the +/- switch will increase or decrease the Set Pointby 0.2 MPH. Holding the switch increases or decreases the Set Point by 1.0 MPH. The Speed Set Point is limited to a minimum of 5.0 MPH and a maximum of 50 MPH.

Turning On RPM Cruise Control Mode: To turn on the Cruise Control System in RPM Control mode, make sure that the RPM/SPEED mode selection switch is in the RPM position and that current engine speed is at least 400 RPM less than the Set Point. Press and hold the ON/OFF switch in the ON position for approximately one second. The LCD should now display the current engine speed, the RPM icon should be illuminated and the LOCK icon should be blinking.

Turning On Speed Cruise Control Mode: To turn on the Cruise Control in Speed Control mode, make sure that the RPM/SPEED mode selection is at least 3.0 MPH lessthan the Set Point. Press and hold the ON/OFF switch in the ON position for approximately one second. The LCD should now display the current vessel speed, the SPEED icon should be illuminated and the LOCK icon should be blinking.

Turning On Manual Cruise Control Mode: To turn on the Cruise Control in Manual Control mode, make sure that the RPM/SPEED mode selection switch is in teh MANUAL(center) position and that current engine speed is at least 1200 RPM. Then press and hold the ON/OFF switch in the ON position for approximately one second. The LCD shoulddisplaythe current engine speed and the LOCK icon should be blinking.

Manual Set Point Adjustment: The Manual Set Point can be adjusted using the +/- switch. The LOCK icon will disappear and the LCD will display the current Set Point.Short presses of teh +/- switch will increase or decrease the Set Point by 20 RPM. Holding the switch increases or decreases the Set Point by 100 RPM. The Manual Set Point islimited to a minimum of 1200 RPM and a maximum of 5000 RPM.

Using Speed Control Mode: Manual Control works basically in the same way that RPM Control Mode does. The difference is that when the system is turned ON in manualmode the Set Point is set to the current engine speed. For example, if the Cruise Control is OFF and the engine speed is 2500 RPM, and the system is turned on, the engine willhold the engine speed at 2500 RPM.
Disengaging the Cruise Control System: There are two ways to disengage the system: Pulling back the throttle will disengage the system at any time. The system remains ON and can be engaged by accelerating the boat until the LOCK icon stays illuminated. Or by moving the ON/OFF switch to OFF It is recommended that the throttle be pulled back before turning off the system.

onebadrubi
06-29-2012, 12:40 AM
This is what is in the 2005 Manual...

On boats equipped with a Cruise Control System, it is possible to review various functions by toggling to the cruise control read-outs on the multi-function gauge explained earlier in this section. Note also that the throttle position must always be greater than the speed set on the cruise control. For example, if the cruise was set at 35 mph but thethrottle position is equivalent to 25 mph, the boat will not reach 35. This is also true of the RPMs. Also, the cruise control cannot be engaged with the boat is at idle speed.

System Start-Up: When the ignition is turned on the cruise control system starts in OFF mode. While it is in OFF mode, the LCD display will show the current time.
RPM Set-Point Adjustment: In order to adjust the RPM Set Point in OFF Mode, first move the RPM/SPEED mode selection switch to the RPM position. Using the +/- switch,select the desired Set Point. The RPM icon will illuminate and the LCD will display the current Set Point. Briefly pressing the +/- switch will increase or decrease the Set Point by20 RPM. Holding the switch will increase or decrease by 100 RPM. The RPM Set Point is limited to a minimum of 1200 RPM and a maximum of 5000 RPM.

Speed Set Point Adjustment: In order to adjust the Speed Set Point in OFF Mode, first move the RPM/SPEED Mode selection switch to the SPEED position. Use the +/- switchto select the desired Set Point. The SPEED icon will illuminate and the LCD will display the current Set Point. Brief presses of the +/- switch will increase or decrease the Set Pointby 0.2 MPH. Holding the switch increases or decreases the Set Point by 1.0 MPH. The Speed Set Point is limited to a minimum of 5.0 MPH and a maximum of 50 MPH.

Turning On RPM Cruise Control Mode: To turn on the Cruise Control System in RPM Control mode, make sure that the RPM/SPEED mode selection switch is in the RPM position and that current engine speed is at least 400 RPM less than the Set Point. Press and hold the ON/OFF switch in the ON position for approximately one second. The LCD should now display the current engine speed, the RPM icon should be illuminated and the LOCK icon should be blinking.

Turning On Speed Cruise Control Mode: To turn on the Cruise Control in Speed Control mode, make sure that the RPM/SPEED mode selection is at least 3.0 MPH lessthan the Set Point. Press and hold the ON/OFF switch in the ON position for approximately one second. The LCD should now display the current vessel speed, the SPEED icon should be illuminated and the LOCK icon should be blinking.

Turning On Manual Cruise Control Mode: To turn on the Cruise Control in Manual Control mode, make sure that the RPM/SPEED mode selection switch is in teh MANUAL(center) position and that current engine speed is at least 1200 RPM. Then press and hold the ON/OFF switch in the ON position for approximately one second. The LCD shoulddisplaythe current engine speed and the LOCK icon should be blinking.

Manual Set Point Adjustment: The Manual Set Point can be adjusted using the +/- switch. The LOCK icon will disappear and the LCD will display the current Set Point.Short presses of teh +/- switch will increase or decrease the Set Point by 20 RPM. Holding the switch increases or decreases the Set Point by 100 RPM. The Manual Set Point islimited to a minimum of 1200 RPM and a maximum of 5000 RPM.

Using Speed Control Mode: Manual Control works basically in the same way that RPM Control Mode does. The difference is that when the system is turned ON in manualmode the Set Point is set to the current engine speed. For example, if the Cruise Control is OFF and the engine speed is 2500 RPM, and the system is turned on, the engine willhold the engine speed at 2500 RPM.
Disengaging the Cruise Control System: There are two ways to disengage the system: Pulling back the throttle will disengage the system at any time. The system remains ON and can be engaged by accelerating the boat until the LOCK icon stays illuminated. Or by moving the ON/OFF switch to OFF It is recommended that the throttle be pulled back before turning off the system.

Kodiak, when I try to do it the speed way, the "lock" will go from blinking to staying on "lock" but the boat will still not be holding it's pace.

tr6coug
06-29-2012, 02:24 AM
Have you tried it in RPM mode?

kodiak
06-29-2012, 01:15 PM
I'm going on mine today. I will double check the lock indicator status and take a few pics.

onebadrubi
06-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Thanks Kodiak.

Also, I have tried in RPM mode, it still didn't appear to "take over" the boat and when I turned it was not attempting to maintain the same speed, but then agian, it should only maintain the same rpms and not speed in RPMS. I will be back on the water sunday to play with some of the suggestions and a few people have helped via phone a few things to try. HOpefully I will figure this 6 year old issue out this weekend. Too bad I might figure it out right after i screw up my knee, oh well!

Haha, thanks guys!

kodiak
06-30-2012, 01:44 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/Kodiak_Evo/speedo.png
This is what mine looks like when speed is set. There is a blinking Lock indicator under the speed text . I can adjust the speed with the + - buttons and where it reads 0.0 (current speed) that will toggle to the set speed.

onebadrubi
06-30-2012, 11:06 PM
Mine is in the gauge to the right of that. (I think the gauge were perfect pass goes).

Skyskiguy
09-12-2012, 12:39 AM
We're you ever able to get your MC Cruise to work?