PDA

View Full Version : What music do you play on your boat?

mzimme
06-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Gotta love some good country for the cruises through rivers and lakes. The "popular" songs generally come out when I'm tied up or at the sand bar since it's what all the girls like. I just cringe every time I hear Nickelback. That garbage needs to be banned.

Brian B
06-19-2012, 09:58 PM
The only good pop music is country.

Popular rap/top 40 is what we hear the most and it makes me want to puke.

ricford
06-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Classic rock. If you hear Drift Away (the Dobie Gray version NOT Kid Rock) blaring from a set of tower cans, that's me. My 19 and 22 year old kids may have other opinions though.

Heelgrad
06-19-2012, 10:12 PM
If I'm out with the wife and kids they make me play top 40 on Pandora. If I'm out with the guys chilling, we go with either The Black Keys or Marshall Tucker Band channels on Pandora. Plenty of good tunes on those channels to chill to.

BrianT
06-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Gotta love some good country for the cruises through rivers and lakes. The "popular" songs generally come out when I'm tied up or at the sand bar since it's what all the girls like. I just cringe every time I hear Nickelback. That garbage needs to be banned.

Nickelback....pffff...I agree... They suck

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-19-2012, 10:15 PM
What I don't understand is when a person would never listen to rap in their car or home but for some reason has the urge to blast some boompty boom boompty boom on the water, sometimes it gets so bad my 10 yr old daughter says "lets go somewhere else"

03geetee
06-19-2012, 10:26 PM
Anything country, not just new stuff, old good music.

JTR

02ProstarSammyD
06-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Mostly top 40 for cruising/keeping the girls happy

My riding playlist is alil different:
Authority Zero-New pollution
Foo Fighters-Bridge Burning
6 foot 7 foot-lil wayne
Dinosaurs will die-NOFX
Bangarang
Tonight-Yusek
remember the name-fort minor
Cochise-Audioslave
Shipping up to boston-dropkick murphys
Odd soul-Mutemath
Guerrilla radio-RATM
dark horses-switchfoot
Song 2-Blur

willyt
06-19-2012, 11:14 PM
I had a playlist that consisted of 3 songs blaring on the rev 8's all week:
Call me maybe
Barbie girl
Friday night

Ha... No... No we didnt but we did play call me maybe every time we pulled away from a marina. Nothing weirder than 8 guys on an xstar jammin out to that song.

Anything metric, m83, skrillex, deadmau5, Laytron, glitch mob, pretty lights, naked and famous, whole defy soundtrack, whole art of flight soundtrack, etc etc.
And country, of course

AZX9
06-19-2012, 11:58 PM
Nickelback is country. Country does not belong on a boat.

Mine is a mix of 90's alternative and grunge, newer and older rap, reggae, and whatever category you would put sublime in.

kgrove
06-20-2012, 12:18 AM
One of my staples is Bob Marely, but I mix in with that a pretty wide variety... Everything from dubstep to NWA to the Black Eyed Peas to Led Zeppelin. Mostly upbeat stuff. I get in trouble from my wife for not policing the lyrics better so the kids sometimes get an earful if I don't make it to the controls fast enough before the Ying Yang Twins grace the kids with their most recent views on stripper anatomy.

Country is banned from my boat, however (except Bonnie Raitt).

imracin68j
06-20-2012, 02:07 AM
I'm not sure if it's a California thing but there is no better mesh than listening to the Eagles while hanging at the lake. My lake soundtrack is almost all hard hitting country with a splash of kid rock.

A rocking lake soundtrack:

Kick my a$$ - Big and rich
Kickin' it in Tennessee - Big Smo
Let's drink on it - Blake Shelton
Old Alabama - Brad Paiseley
Country must be country wide - Brantely Gilbert
Pull up a tailgate - Brian Davis
More than corn - Bush Hawg
Country rich - Bush Hawg
Fortunate Son - Bush Hawg
Texas - Charlie daniels
Country as me - Chase rice
Neon - Chris Young
Cricket on a line - Colt Ford (Must have)
Country Thang - Colt Ford
5150 - Bierks Bently
Lonesome, Onry and mean - dierkas bentley
Stiff drink - Tobacco rd
Boom - Tobacco rd
Dirt road anthem - Jason aldean
Fly over states - J A
Texas was you - JA
Days like these - JA
My kinda party - JA
Crazy town - Ja
Hick Town - JA
one more drinking song - Jerrod niemann
Dont ruin it for the rest of us - Joe nicholes
Country done come to town - John rich
Mack truck - john rich
you rock me - john rich
ALL JUSTIN MOORE
kickin up mud - the lacs
country girl - luke bryan
Kiss tomorrow goodbye - luke
snake farm - ray wylie hubbard
Banjo - rascal flats
welcome to the southland - zane lewis
wistlin dixie - randy houser
hillbilly shoes - mongomery gentry
crazy ex-girl friend - miranda lambart.

whew.... put those tracks for a whoop a$$ time.

onewheat
06-20-2012, 02:07 AM

Mine is a mix of 90's alternative and grunge, newer and older rap, reggae, and whatever category you would put sublime in.

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Philscbx
06-20-2012, 06:02 AM

Mine is a mix of 90's alternative and grunge, newer and older rap, reggae, and whatever category you would put sublime in. Pink Floyd - over 50 something classic rock & 80's.

No whiney wood tick music.

True Cruising like Navajo Moon - Ana Popovic. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D74jm7BYMiw)

davidstan
06-20-2012, 07:13 AM
Allman Bros and Lynard Skynard Pandora

onejdgreen
06-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Whatever I want. Its my boat I will play what I want to hear, you start making the payments and paying for the fuel then we'll talk. So dont tell me what doesnt get played on my boat! Unless your 5'10" 130 lb blonde and your sweater puppies are amazing... :D:D:D

mzimme
06-20-2012, 08:34 AM
I'm not sure if it's a California thing but there is no better mesh than listening to the Eagles while hanging at the lake. My lake soundtrack is almost all hard hitting country with a splash of kid rock.

A rocking lake soundtrack:

Kick my a$$ - Big and rich
Kickin' it in Tennessee - Big Smo
Let's drink on it - Blake Shelton
Old Alabama - Brad Paiseley
Country must be country wide - Brantely Gilbert
Pull up a tailgate - Brian Davis
More than corn - Bush Hawg
Country rich - Bush Hawg
Fortunate Son - Bush Hawg
Texas - Charlie daniels
Country as me - Chase rice
Neon - Chris Young
Cricket on a line - Colt Ford (Must have)
Country Thang - Colt Ford
5150 - Bierks Bently
Lonesome, Onry and mean - dierkas bentley
Stiff drink - Tobacco rd
Boom - Tobacco rd
Dirt road anthem - Jason aldean
Fly over states - J A
Texas was you - JA
Days like these - JA
My kinda party - JA
Crazy town - Ja
Hick Town - JA
one more drinking song - Jerrod niemann
Dont ruin it for the rest of us - Joe nicholes
Country done come to town - John rich
Mack truck - john rich
you rock me - john rich
ALL JUSTIN MOORE
kickin up mud - the lacs
country girl - luke bryan
Kiss tomorrow goodbye - luke
snake farm - ray wylie hubbard
Banjo - rascal flats
welcome to the southland - zane lewis
wistlin dixie - randy houser
hillbilly shoes - mongomery gentry
crazy ex-girl friend - miranda lambart.

whew.... put those tracks for a whoop a$$ time.

I like it... I'll have to add a few of those to my ever growing boat playlist that has approached 10 hours long. haha.

mlawler34
06-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Call me maybe
Barbie girl
Friday night

Ha... No... No we didnt but we did play call me maybe every time we pulled away from a marina. Nothing weirder than 8 guys on an xstar jammin out to that song.

Anything metric, m83, skrillex, deadmau5, Laytron, glitch mob, pretty lights, naked and famous, whole defy soundtrack, whole art of flight soundtrack, etc etc.
And country, of course

I am with you on this one. I basically play all electronic and dance music. Lots of dub step. All of these artist plus Swedish House Mafia, Aviccii, David Guetta, and then i will throw in some Random Awolnation - Sail. Definitely can not go wrong with Skrillex.

willyt
06-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Nickelback is country.

say what you want about country music but pleassseeeeee dont associate nickelback with country music. thats plain just not right

cwarndahl
06-20-2012, 10:38 AM
i go reggae to dub step to punk!

mzimme
06-20-2012, 10:59 AM
say what you want about country music but pleassseeeeee dont associate nickelback with country music. thats plain just not right

Amen. Nickelback falls under the category of "Harley butt rock".

ctjahn
06-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Only the music of the 351 at full song...

02ProstarSammyD
06-20-2012, 11:06 AM
Call me maybe
Barbie girl
Friday night

I got dragged for 15 min while the girls switched it to all britney spears. Nothing better than hcld's screaming and the whole cove thinking richard simmons was taking a set

76S&S
06-20-2012, 01:32 PM
I got dragged for 15 min while the girls switched it to all britney spears. Nothing better than hcld's screaming and the whole cove thinking richard simmons was taking a set

LOL, hope you weren't wearing short-shorts...:D

02ProstarSammyD
06-20-2012, 02:53 PM
LOL, hope you weren't wearing short-shorts...

The banana hammock seemed to be a cool idea

kal_dude
06-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Rammstein Radio, Marilyn Manson Radio, Rage against the Machine radio, Beastie boys radio, and Johny cash radio on pandora one!

p.s. nickelback is way cooler than country! (except for Mr. Cash!)

Stefan
06-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Sean Paul, Millencollin, Swollen Members, Paul & Fritz Kalkbrenner, College Rock, ambient and soulful house for beach and bay...

captain planet
06-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Country is banned on my boat. We usually play Jimmy Buffett or Bob Marley. The Reggae channel on Sirius is starting to grow on me a little.

scott023
06-21-2012, 02:32 PM

PARDON ME????????????? Most ridiculous post I've read today.

scott023
06-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Whatever I want. Its my boat I will play what I want to hear, you start making the payments and paying for the fuel then we'll talk. So dont tell me what doesnt get played on my boat! Unless your 5'10" 130 lb blonde and your sweater puppies are amazing... :D:D:D

That's Gold Jerry, Gold. :D:D:D

Kyle
06-21-2012, 06:25 PM
So last weekend I had this lady at the island throw a drunken tantrum because she did not like my music.

I generally play rap, rock, hip hop, etc for the girls but I do understand that there are other people out there that like different styles of music. I even go to the extreme of using other peoples mp3 players to satisfy everyone around.

The drunken tantrum has now happened 2 weeks in a row by this individual and I have gone way out of my way to try to satisfy them by buying songs that they wanted to hear off of iTunes while on the lake. Nothing works......

This Saturday my extremely loud stereo will be playing a Barney sound track if this individual has another episode. All of the boats that anchor next to me already know about the idea. So we decided that bassn' Barney would eliminate the tantrums as the rest of the 40 boats will be begging her to be nice and apologize. The boats anchored right next to me are the only other boats with systems, so if we have to play the sound track on other boats we will.

I'm trying to find a way to link 4 systems together and really prove a point.

I've done everything in my power to satisfy this individual even buying songs etc and nothing works. Volume is not the problem the kind of music is. My friends and myself are more concerned in the ladies being satisfied and having fun especially after dark. Our priority will not be satisfying this person any longer. 30 min of Barney should do the trick. Everyone knows about Barney and think it would be funny, so for you guys thinking the young ladies not being impressed......well they agree with my friends and I sharing the Barney sound track between boats.

Ironhorse
06-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Kyle, I would save yourself from listening to Barney and just leave the tantrum off of the boat. Drunken girls are always fun, but not when there's baggage.

Kyle
06-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Kyle, I would save yourself from listening to Barney and just leave the tantrum off of the boat. Drunken girls are always fun, but not when there's baggage.

Let me clarify. We don't invite this person out. She lives on the lake and thinks she owns the island. The island is public place and she makes it a point to walk 150 yards over just to throw a tantrum.

The fix would be that all of the boarders, and skiers find a different spot to hang out. She's there fri, sat, and sun so avoiding her is impossible.

onejdgreen
06-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Kyle I love the idea!!! Let us know how it turns out...

Kyle
06-21-2012, 06:38 PM
I will say she is probably 50-55 yo and watching the tantrums was kind of comical. People that she hangs with love hanging out with us and are very apologetic in her behalf but I'm putting an end to it.

ted shred
06-21-2012, 07:40 PM
I play both kinds of music in my boat. Country and western.

onejdgreen
06-21-2012, 07:59 PM
I play both kinds of music in my boat. Country and western.

HOWDY BOB!!!

AZX9
06-21-2012, 08:48 PM
I would like to amend my statement that country does not belong on a boat. It's ok if you listen to it on your bass boat or gator fishing rig but has no place on a ski and or wakeboard boat.

HRC
06-21-2012, 09:27 PM
So last weekend I had this lady at the island throw a drunken tantrum because she did not like my music.

I generally play rap, rock, hip hop, etc for the girls but I do understand that there are other people out there that like different styles of music. I even go to the extreme of using other peoples mp3 players to satisfy everyone around.

The drunken tantrum has now happened 2 weeks in a row by this individual and I have gone way out of my way to try to satisfy them by buying songs that they wanted to hear off of iTunes while on the lake. Nothing works......

This Saturday my extremely loud stereo will be playing a Barney sound track if this individual has another episode. All of the boats that anchor next to me already know about the idea. So we decided that bassn' Barney would eliminate the tantrums as the rest of the 40 boats will be begging her to be nice and apologize. The boats anchored right next to me are the only other boats with systems, so if we have to play the sound track on other boats we will.

I've done everything in my power to satisfy this individual even buying songs etc and nothing works. Volume is not the problem the kind of music is. My friends and myself are more concerned in the ladies being satisfied and having fun especially after dark. Our priority will not be satisfying this person any longer. 30 min of Barney should do the trick. Everyone knows about Barney and think it would be funny, so for you guys thinking the young ladies not being impressed......well they agree with my friends and I sharing the Barney sound track between boats.

When my daughter was into it, I downloaded a bunch of Veggietales silly songs. I'm guessing tantrum lady may need some of that.

mlawler34
06-21-2012, 09:50 PM

So i have been trying to think of something worse than Barney for you to play. I have been racking my brain all evening trying to think of something worse. And i literally could not do it. But i like where your head is at!

I was at the sandbar once and I try to keep my tunes at a reasonable level. Had been there an hour, and a guy pulls up in his pontoon right behind my boat. Apparently he didn't like the skrillex and rap music. So he turns up his country. I have no problem with country but were at the sand bar and he is blasting sorrowful down trodden woe is me country. And i couldnt stand for that. So i turned up the most gangster rap i had as loud as i could. He left 20 min later, after he had turned his music down.

swatguy
06-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Can't go wrong with pretty lights for a nice relaxing session.

Here is a few single songs that are always bumping
Country hip hop genere
Jawga Boys/ Dirty for weeks
Bottleneck / sweet thang
Bottleneck / Hometown Country Folks
Mud Digger / I'm Down
Matt Stillwell/ Shine
The Lacs/ Island Time
Colt Ford feat Nappy Roots/ Waste Some time

Hip hop rap
Ester dean/ Drop it low
DJ Laz Flo Rider / Move shake drop remix
Whiz Khalifa/ Superstar
Roscoe Dash/ Good Good night
Sam Adams / Driving me crazy
Flo Rider/ Good feeling
Lmfao/ with you
Kevin Rudolph/ u make the rain fall

Dance
Ida Corr vs Fredde le Grand / Let me think about it.
Avici/ Levels

Most off all my stuff is g rated as I live and ride mostly on private lake environment and have little ones

willyt
06-21-2012, 10:53 PM
The fix would be that all of the boarders, and skiers find a different spot to hang out. She's there fri, sat, and sun so avoiding her is impossible.

my solution would be to buy rev 10's. if you already have 10's, buy another pair

mzimme
06-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Kyle, you could go the other route and just play the most inappropriate songs you could imagine. Let me help? I vote you play this while she's around. She'll love ya. Tell her it's dedicated to her.

I recommend not listening to this if your kids are around haha.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXi8WmQ_WM

Kyle
06-22-2012, 01:39 AM
Kyle, you could go the other route and just play the most inappropriate songs you could imagine. Let me help? I vote you play this while she's around. She'll love ya. Tell her it's dedicated to her.

I recommend not listening to this if your kids are around haha.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXi8WmQ_WM

Song is on play list bwahahahaha

She's older and I would rather not see her in the way the song goes but after the Barney soundtrack I think I will play it and maybe I will make a bracket to fit my skylon and put a tv running off of a converter so I can play the music video. I have no problem buying a 20"-32" flat panel and installing it for a day to play a vid at night for everyone. Let's say this will be interesting to take things to extreme.

My only concern is that my rap music is pretty risqué at times.

I do want to mention that I do keep a close eye on the boats near me and watch and see if minor children are around. I do respect the fact that not everyone can get a baby sitter every weekend and that kids like the lake too. I try to keep the "R" or "X" rated away from young kids.

I would never take things to this extreme if I knew that I was just in my own world and being selfish. I feel that I have been 110% understanding about everyone's choice of music and that there is a time and a place for everything.

This situation will end soon as I have tried hard to satisfy every party but seem that I can not satisfy one individual.

Barney and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXi8WmQ_WM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here I come

Voodoo
06-22-2012, 02:03 PM
None. We use our boat to ski.

Voodoo

02ProstarSammyD
06-22-2012, 02:45 PM

Think I might have just pissed myself alil

DJ 50
06-23-2012, 02:12 AM
my solution would be to buy rev 10's. if you already have 10's, buy another pair

Sadley, this is almost exactley how I ended up spending thousands of dollars on my system. We were at a cove with several familys and small kids enjoying a nice day when some D-bag kids came in with a crapy system and cranked up there crap music with evey swear word under the son. Not only was the music bad but the crappy system they had made it worse. I told my wife that day that I will be buying more stereo equipment and next time that happens I will balst the offenders out of the water with a much nicer and louder system with much more annoying, yet kid firendly, music. I'm still waiting for it to happen again.

jenglin
06-25-2012, 10:33 AM
We typically have ours on Pandora Jimmy Buffet or Zac Brown Band Stations.