PDA

View Full Version : Got in the marine business with Rat Juice

ntidsl
06-19-2012, 11:37 AM
As a long time member here on TT, I'm excited to announce that I've taken a sales position with Rat Juice. I'm pretty much a nut case when it comes to detailing and maintaining my boat so this just fits. I've been a user for 4-5 years now and my 2005 197 TT looks brand new still to this day.

I am in the process of calling on dealers across the Midwest for now. If any of the members on here could mention to their dealers that they should carry the products I'd be stoked!

Was at Cincy MC today already. We also have most marinas around Norris Lake stocking the product.

For those of you not familiar it's a spray and wipe marine product line...gloss, wax, vinyl cleaner, and vinyl protectant. Small company running out of Northern Kentucky but looking to grow.

I'm working on a few things currently, upgrading the website a possibility, attending the reunions, etc...any ideas, please pass them on!!!

http://www.ratjuice.biz

ntidsl
06-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Anyone have any marine dealers or marinas for me to call on? If you think they need a good spray and wipe product please let me know. Thanks kindly!

thatsmrmastercraft
06-21-2012, 10:57 AM
What part of the country are you covering?

ntidsl
06-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Midwest but we can ship anywhere in country.

mzimme
06-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Call this place... then I'll have a place to pick it up locally while on the way to the lake :)

http://www.smithvillemarine.com/

ntidsl
06-21-2012, 11:46 AM
I most certainly will!!! Thanks kindly!

pmkkdx
06-21-2012, 12:18 PM
not sure if you are interested in contacting some down in this area ...

Boat Town Austin, TX (Mastercraft/Cobalt/4Winns/etc) (512) 892-2220
http://www.boattown.com/

Sail & Ski Austin, TX (Nautique/Sea Ray/Meridian/etc.) (512) 258-0733
http://www.sailandski.com/
also have a San Antonio location

Texas Ski Ranch New Braunfels, TX (Mastercraft/Xcursion) (830) 627-2843 (toll free 877-362-8291)
http://www.tsrmastercraft.com/

Central Texas Water Sports Austin, TX (Malibu/Axis/Bentley/etc) (512) 244-9777
http://www.ctws.us/

those would be the biggest hitters in central Texas ... possibly others that carry some of the others along with fishing & i/o's ...

ntidsl
06-21-2012, 12:20 PM
I am on it...I sure appreciate it guys!!!

pmkkdx
06-21-2012, 12:22 PM
free samples for those helping you out wouldn't hurt :rolleyes:

ntidsl
06-21-2012, 12:23 PM
PM me for sure!!!

ntidsl
06-21-2012, 12:25 PM
I use the products not only on my boat but the vinyl protectant is the only product that I have found the keeps the exterior plastic moldings on my F150 black. And on the inside...wow...and my wife loves the smell.

ntidsl
06-27-2012, 12:28 PM
Thanks so much for all the help guys!!! I knew I could count on TT members.

The reponse has been overwhelming.

Thanks again!

mzimme
06-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Any word on new accounts?

ntidsl
06-27-2012, 01:05 PM
The literature is still on its way. We've been overwhelmed with on-water boat shows, recreating the website and getting literature and samples out. Until then all products are available at retail prices on our website.

thatsmrmastercraft
06-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Doing all the right things takes time. Sounds like you are putting the time in. :toast:

93Prostar190
06-27-2012, 10:18 PM
Hey dude, we can help you get the word out at Buckeye Bash..... Let's connect
.. Good luck .....

Scottman
06-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Did I hear something about free samples?!?! :D

I'm in the market for some products just like these. Would love to see what it's done for your boat whenever we meet up :toast:

xstarforever
06-28-2012, 12:29 AM
northwest water sports in seattle washington then I can get some for my xstar

2RLAKE
06-28-2012, 02:29 AM
fantastic ... great to see home grown businesses driving organic growth ... happy to support ... how do you get in with MC and have your products distributed with every new boat ... create the value up front ... same with upcoming MC wakeboard and slalom ski events ... anyway to work through the TT skiers?

ntidsl
06-28-2012, 09:54 AM
I am working up to calling MC. Maybe a factory tour and visit is calling.

2RLake...stop by any marina and try our spray on wax after a long weekend on Norris...will make that flake shine!!! We'll be down for Cincy MC's weekend on Norris. Hope to meet up!

Granite_33
06-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Don't forget Action Watersports in MI. I know they sell a bunch of MC branded cleaners, but you never know. Thats 4 legit distribution points right there.

So, in a world of cleaners and protectants, whats the hook that keeps people buying your brand?

ntidsl
06-28-2012, 10:49 AM
"In a world of cleaners"...that sounds like a opening for a movie trailer...

When you use Rat Juice Wax you can literally smell and almost taste the Carnuaba. I have a black boat and get asked the question all the time what I do about water spots on my transom...how do I prevent them...one answer, I don't get them...Wax at the end of the weekend readies my boat for the next weekend...gloss during the weekend while swimming and hanging out keeps the water repelling.

I will take a video this weekend of me doing my seats with Rat Juice vinyl protectant...but you'll never experience it until you smell it. But the most dramatic use of the vinyl protectant is on the plastic molding on my F150. I have tried everything to get the molding black again and stay that way and honestly nothing worked liked Rat Juice.

I'm not just working for Rat Juice, I was a user first...for years...and truly believe its the best product to maintain my boat.

But don't take my word for it. There are a few guys out here who are getting some samples...let's hear what they say when they use it.

D3skier
06-28-2012, 11:03 AM
try hitting up Chad at www.Carolinawatersports.com

also Lee at MC in Charlotte. http://www.charlotteskiboats.com/

Granite_33
06-28-2012, 11:45 AM
"In a world of cleaners"...that sounds like a opening for a movie trailer...

When you use Rat Juice Wax you can literally smell and almost taste the Carnuaba. I have a black boat and get asked the question all the time what I do about water spots on my transom...how do I prevent them...one answer, I don't get them...Wax at the end of the weekend readies my boat for the next weekend...gloss during the weekend while swimming and hanging out keeps the water repelling.

I will take a video this weekend of me doing my seats with Rat Juice vinyl protectant...but you'll never experience it until you smell it. But the most dramatic use of the vinyl protectant is on the plastic molding on my F150. I have tried everything to get the molding black again and stay that way and honestly nothing worked liked Rat Juice.

I'm not just working for Rat Juice, I was a user first...for years...and truly believe its the best product to maintain my boat.

But don't take my word for it. There are a few guys out here who are getting some samples...let's hear what they say when they use it.

Cool, I look forward to trying it out!

Since we have so many active members on this forum, I see a large number of product plugs, and I always wonder "what is different in this product that makes it better than the product that someone plugged in the previous post".

I'm always willing to give a product a try though, especially if someone has some history with it. Especially when its spray on!

Good luck with it!

milkmania
06-28-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm excited for you and your endeavor:banana:

Constructive Criticism Alert:)
I noticed this the first time you created the thread, but I dismissed it.

Regarding your website:
(Mozilla Firefox 13.0.1)
Only way to read the Product description is to HOLD the mouse button down. As soon as you let the mouse button go, the text disappeared. Bothersome for laptop touchpads. Perhaps that is the effect you desire, dunno.

(Internet Explorer 7)
same result as Firefox, but i haven't used IE in years... that's why it's still at version 7

(Iphone 4S) There's a lot of them out there. You can download apps that play Flash, but not everyone goes through the trouble.
http://wwwimages.adobe.com/lib/mobile/pdc/pix/header.png
We're Sorry
This content requires Adobe Flash Player, which is not supported by your device. This content can be viewed on a desktop computer or on mobile devices that support Flash Player.

xstarforever
06-28-2012, 02:35 PM
There's alot of boat shops in Seattle Wa could really use that wax. Good luck

mesquitethrasher
06-29-2012, 08:45 AM
Just ordered some spray wax and vinyl cleaner from your website. I have been a Babe's guy for a while. We will give it a shot.

j.robinson389
06-29-2012, 09:02 AM
Is it available any where locally in the Cincinnati-Dayton area?

cincyskier
06-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Doug,

The Ohio Waterski Association (www.skiowsa.com) is currently looking for sponsors to help out with the 2012 Buckeye Buoy Tour.......any way the sponsor sees fit (gear, prizes, cash, etc). Cincy MC is putting together a couple small boat cleaning/detailing packages to offer as prizes to skiers. I see this as a perfect opportunity to sneak in some Rat Juice in there, or offer up a separate package solely from Rat Juice. Great way to get the product in the hands of the 3-eventers throughout Ohio.

Also, UC is hosting a collegiate tournament at Skiers Runway in Harrison, OH Sept 8th-9th. It be worth putting something together and bringing the product to this event and show it off to a couple hundred skiers all at once. Its a somewhat local event to you, so travel time would be minimal. PM me and we can talk details.

ntidsl
07-02-2012, 08:42 AM
No Wake Marine in Cincinnati (north side) carries all 4 types of Rat Juice.

UC...I'll get a hold of you!!!

thatsmrmastercraft
07-02-2012, 10:05 AM
I tried out the Vinyl Protectant and it works fantastic. Leaves the vinyl soft and smooth without being greasy. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this.

Heelgrad
07-02-2012, 10:42 AM
As a long time member here on TT, I'm excited to announce that I've taken a sales position with Rat Juice. I'm pretty much a nut case when it comes to detailing and maintaining my boat so this just fits. I've been a user for 4-5 years now and my 2005 197 TT looks brand new still to this day.

I am in the process of calling on dealers across the Midwest for now. If any of the members on here could mention to their dealers that they should carry the products I'd be stoked!

Was at Cincy MC today already. We also have most marinas around Norris Lake stocking the product.

For those of you not familiar it's a spray and wipe marine product line...gloss, wax, vinyl cleaner, and vinyl protectant. Small company running out of Northern Kentucky but looking to grow.

I'm working on a few things currently, upgrading the website a possibility, attending the reunions, etc...any ideas, please pass them on!!!

http://www.ratjuice.biz

Do you recommend the spray gloss or spray wax? Would like to give your products a try. Thanks a bunch.

ntidsl
07-02-2012, 10:45 AM
I use the gloss for mid weekend touch ups and spray on wax before I store the boat for the week.

Honestly I keep a green microfiber in my boat that always has gloss on it. I use blue for wax...sometimes all you have to do is re wet the rag and wipe.

Heelgrad
07-02-2012, 11:03 AM
I use the gloss for mid weekend touch ups and spray on wax before I store the boat for the week.

Honestly I keep a green microfiber in my boat that always has gloss on it. I use blue for wax...sometimes all you have to do is re wet the rag and wipe.

Is the wax a spray on, buff off process like a Meguiars flagship application or is it a spray on, wipe off process like a quick detailer? I guess my question is what's the difference in applying the 2 products or is it more the level of protection they provide?

ntidsl
07-02-2012, 11:08 AM
The spray on wax is a liquid form of Carbuaba wax. Spray and wipe.

I rinse my boat off with hose water when I get home from a weekend...While the boat is wet I spray on the wax and wipe the boat with my microfiber...drying and waxing simultaneously. No haze left, no buffing needed. Really leaves a nice shine and its protected for the next week.

Hope that answers your question, if not PM me.

ntidsl
07-02-2012, 11:11 AM
The gloss lacks the carbuaba wax but has ingredients to shine and repel water to help avoid water spots. This is why I use it mid weekend, like before a tie up or anytime someone is going to see the boat.

Heelgrad
07-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Ok that answers my questions. May have to give both a try. Thanks.

Fast50dad
07-02-2012, 06:59 PM
What product can I keep my OCD busy while at the sandbar? I am mostly concerned about the water spots and would like the flake to come alive. Black sides with blue flake bottom.

ntidsl
07-02-2012, 09:23 PM
PM at you Fast50

cincyskier
07-05-2012, 08:09 AM
No Wake Marine in Cincinnati (north side) carries all 4 types of Rat Juice.

Not to knock No Wake...... but a little birdy told me Cincy MC is planning on picking up Rat Juice.

ntidsl
07-05-2012, 11:15 AM
I hope that little bird is correct. I'm playing phone tag with Bill but will stop by today.

ntidsl
07-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Cincy MasterCraft has brought in Rat Juice. They are fully stocked and ready for all the Cincy and Northern KY guys and gals. Hopefully many more MC dealers to come.

Heelgrad
07-09-2012, 02:32 PM
ntidsl, sent you a pm.

MIMC
07-09-2012, 04:54 PM
ntidsl -

You shared some great feedback about exterior care products and I'm going to try the spray wax, but what do you have/recommend for interiors - in particular cleaning white seats? Would appreciate any feedback - thanks!

MIMC

pmkkdx
07-11-2012, 09:03 AM
ntidsl,
I got the samples but have been to buried with other activities (son's wedding, HS class reunion, etc.) to give them a good trial. I need to buff out some hard water spotting first, but I tried the spray wax on one side of the nose of my boat to see how it looked. A few sprays and then wiping down with microfiber cloth ... looked very nice!!! Hopefully after this coming weekend (reunion) I will open up some time to do a true test and provide feedback ... but initial trial looked very good!!! My wife was even impressed and could tell the difference.

wondering if you had any luck with any of the dealers in central Texas that I provided to you?

thatsmrmastercraft
07-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Used the spray wax on both the boat and trailer. What an incredible finish. Babes doesn't even come close. My trailer was still connected to my truck in the driveway on a slope. I attempted to set a Playmate cooler on the side and couldn't because it was too slick.

ntidsl
07-11-2012, 08:07 PM
So glad to hear!!! Thanks Mr.

I had a dragonfly unsuccessfully try to land on my fiberglass a few weeks ago..my son was cracking up because he was determined to find a place to land with no avail.

sand2snow22
07-12-2012, 01:14 AM
Usually just do day trips. I use hot sauce after pulling the boat out. Cleans, removes grime and waterspots while leaving a nice shine and adding wax. Also been using Meguiars Ultimate detailer for $9/bottle.

http://www.meguiars.com/en/marine/products/m9424-flagship-ultimate-detailertrade/

Works well and smells better than hot sauce. Rat juice sounds more like a 2 step process, why should I switch?

Heelgrad
07-12-2012, 12:42 PM
ntidsl, sent you a pm.

Sent you another PM. No response from first one.

JohnE
07-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Did you reach out to NEFWM here in MA? Bill and Jay are owners and are online here occasionally. They have a nice dealership and customer base. Would be worth doing IMO.

Heelgrad
07-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Did you reach out to NEFWM here in MA? Bill and Jay are owners and are online here occasionally. They have a nice dealership and customer base. Would be worth doing IMO.

No. What's their username? I'll send them the message as well.

ntidsl
07-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Heelgrad...PM back at you. Sorry, been travelling for a week.

John E. Thanks!!!

JohnE
07-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Heelgrad...PM back at you. Sorry, been travelling for a week.

John E. Thanks!!!

Jaysus and Ridersdad here on TT but google NEFWM and then call or email them would be my suggestion. They don't get on here much. Tell them I wanna try the stuff and haven't ordered online yet.:cool:

ntidsl
07-16-2012, 01:12 PM
ATLFooter...your PM box is full.

atlfootr
07-16-2012, 04:28 PM
send on

93Prostar190
07-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Buckeye Bash samples? Shoot me a pm with some options?

Keep going, it sounds like you are kicking some tail!

sand2snow22
07-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Rat juice sounds more like a 2 step process, why should I switch?

?.......

ntidsl
07-23-2012, 07:08 AM
Sand...I'm not sure how I gave you the impression it's a two step process. At the end of the weekend I hose my boat, spray on the wax and wipe down to a shine. I get a light coat of wax every Sunday and to this day, on a black boat, I haven't gotten a water spot...the water runs right off my boat. At the local MC dealer the salesman in the showroom asked me about water spots on a brand new boat he had demoed; the stainless steel rub rail had water spots. I rubbed with a micorfiber rag and Rat Juice wax and they wiped right off. I then told him to keep it protected so it doesnt happen again...lol...We don't market Rat Juice as a spot remover but it seemed to work in this situation...and I know it prevents them.

I do get a lot of questions if it will bring back an oxidized boat and the answer is no. My suggestion is to remove the oxidation first then use Rat Juice weekly. I also always suggest at least a yearly polish as polish and wax do totally different things on gel coats.

Hope this helps.

erkoehler
07-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Send me dealer pricing and info: eric@Lauderdalelakesmarina.com

I was.going to reorder babes this week, lets see what we can do in comparison.

thatsmrmastercraft
07-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Send me dealer pricing and info: eric@Lauderdalelakesmarina.com

I was.going to reorder babes this week, lets see what we can do in comparison.

Fast50dad
07-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Nick, emailed you a local company to hit up. Good luck!

Wax and gloss ordered today, can't wait to try them.

ntidsl
07-26-2012, 07:02 AM
ready to drop in the water at 500 hours. Rat Juicy!

jamisonsbrodie
07-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Is this available in Minneapolis yet? If not, I will order some online.

Fast50dad
07-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Received them today, thanks!

ntidsl
07-26-2012, 07:56 PM
We currently don't have a dealer in MN, sorry! We are working on all areas currently.

ntidsl
08-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Little bird is saying that there will be a Chicago dealer very soon!!! Chicago is about to have shinier, better smelling boats all over the waterways!!!

mxhideout
08-03-2012, 01:22 PM
I don't know how much control you have over the Rat Juice website, been I've been internet marketing for the past few years and noticed a couple things that could make it look a little more appealing... For one, I think it needs a nice big picture of a boat or vehicle shining in the sunlight/sunset to show the power of Rat Juice. Because at first glance it looks like it's a product for rat poison.

sraab928
08-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Just placed an order on your site to try this stuff out - sounds like a great start to use on the CSX220SS I just picked up.

As a side note - I have to admit though your site could use some updating for sure. If it were not for the feedback here I would have probably passed based on the site.

ntidsl
08-06-2012, 09:00 AM
I am doing what I can to upgrade the website and hopefully will get it flipped very quickly. The website used to have alot of photos but things have just fallen apart slowly and patched to fix the problems and now it's just a mess. I truly appreciate the feedback and patience.

Tristar Racing
08-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Little bird is saying that there will be a Chicago dealer very soon!!! Chicago is about to have shinier, better smelling boats all over the waterways!!!

Did they pick it up? New owner here wanting to try Rat Juice wax out.

ntidsl
08-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Yes they have it in stock!

ntidsl
08-28-2012, 02:09 PM
http://www.lauderdalelakesmarina.com/

The newest Rat Juice stocking dealer.

JohnE
03-24-2014, 03:18 PM
Anyone know if this product line is still around? Link didn't work and google didn't get me far. OP hasn't been on here in 6 months.....

93Prostar190
03-24-2014, 03:21 PM
No idea sir ... we gave out samples at Buckeye 3 (2 August ago) and never heard from them again.

Maybe WillyT or Mattscraft knows? he used to boat on the Ohio River if I recall well enough.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-24-2014, 03:22 PM
Haven't heard a thing. My efforts at contact a while ago were unsuccessful.

Theclarks1111
03-24-2014, 04:14 PM
Its like it just disappeared!

MattsCraft
03-24-2014, 04:35 PM
I think Cincy MC is still selling it, They like it, I was never a big fan, I prefer Hot Sauce.

I would like to try out Boat Candy, next time, but I have a gallon of Hot Sauce to use up, should last me all of this year.

KnoxX2
03-24-2014, 05:02 PM
What is it? Sorry too lazy to read the whole thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scott023
03-24-2014, 05:06 PM
What is it? Sorry too lazy to read the whole thread

"For those of you not familiar it's a spray and wipe marine product line...gloss, wax, vinyl cleaner, and vinyl protectant. Small company running out of Northern Kentucky but looking to grow."

KnoxX2
03-24-2014, 05:21 PM
Thanks Scott

pmikler
03-24-2014, 08:34 PM
I think Cincy MC is still selling it, They like it, I was never a big fan, I prefer Hot Sauce.

I would like to try out Boat Candy, next time, but I have a gallon of Hot Sauce to use up, should last me all of this year.

For what its worth I am a boat candy guy and love it.

Rivertrash
03-24-2014, 08:59 PM
The fellas at cincymc gave me this to use? Seems to work well.

atihanyi
03-24-2014, 09:43 PM
What is this stuff ?

thatsmrmastercraft
03-24-2014, 10:07 PM
What is this stuff ?

Babes Boat Care products are great. I believe they come with the care package on this years boats.
http://www.babesboats.com/

ap77
03-24-2014, 10:45 PM
I have used Babes products for two years - two thumbs up IMO.

Ben
03-24-2014, 11:42 PM
I got some a few years ago and am happy with it. Have not heard anything since or seems posts from the guy.

Tristar Racing
06-16-2014, 11:22 PM
I am about out of my last bottle of rat juice. No update on where it went, or if the formula was renamed something else? I always get comments about my black gel and how good it looks, this stuff is/was great.

mikeg205
06-16-2014, 11:23 PM
even the website is dead.. from the early posts.

thatsmrmastercraft
06-16-2014, 11:38 PM
I am just about out too.

93Prostar190
06-17-2014, 08:48 AM
Even though they supported our Buckeye Bash event, we have not heard from them in a while ... I wish them well...

I find that Hot Sauce and Babe's have continued to meet my needs as my go to products.

JohnE
06-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Recently I remembered this thread and tried to find their products and had no luck. I wonder what happened to this product too.

pmkkdx
06-17-2014, 10:29 AM
I have wondered about it also...

JohnE
06-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Sent Ntidls an email through this site and go no response.

Ben
08-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Curious. I couldn't find either and am now trying boat candy.
Really liked rat juice.

93Prostar190
08-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Ben - come on down to Buckeye Bash and you will end up with some cool Boat Bling - Hot Sauce and other products.

Ben
08-06-2014, 01:03 PM
I wish. Road to MN for a wedding. Maybe I need to get in the "find a pull" thread.
Terrible way to spend a summer weekend w two boats at home.
I'll remain tbd for next year.