PDA

View Full Version : Lost the detent pin for fly high pole!

Jason.H.
06-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Well last time out on the lake we were all done wakeboarding and dropped anchor to relax for a bit and I decided to unlatch the flyhigh pole to relieve a little strain on the pylon while we were anchored. Low and behold i had the little locking pin with a detent ball in it that locks the latch lever in place in my hand when i undid the latch lever and it flung the pin out in the water. To the bottom of the lake it went lol. Anyone know where I could get another one of these or something besides a bolt and nut I could use in place of it?

1redTA
06-19-2012, 10:58 AM
maybe a tractor supply store, even Lowes or Home Depot may have one. I need to safety lanyard mine.

pmkkdx
06-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Tractor Supply usually has a variety of similar pins back by the tractor 3 point pin bins or at least something that would work better than a bolt/nut combo.

Jason.H.
06-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Thanks guys! Will stop at norther tool on the way home. Kind of the same as tractor supply.

jeff shelton
06-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Just curious where the detent pin is used. I have a the fly high pole that came with a boat that I purchased. It tends to want to spin some on the pylon. The board racks that I installed will turn into the front cable and the tow ring on the bottom piece will turn some and no longer be center.

Should the cables coming from the bow be tightened?
Should the tow ring stay center or turn side to side with a skier?

I looked at it and the only thing that I see that might help would be to replace the o-rings that are on the inside. I hoped this might help the pylon fit more snug and not turn on the pylon so easy.

I'm curious if I'm missing any parts. I have the 2 piece pylon, cables and bow strap. I've used the pylon for everything but never noticed the issue until I installed the board racks.

1redTA
06-20-2012, 08:35 PM
^^^^ the safety pin goes into the hole in the over center buckle

jeff shelton
06-20-2012, 08:43 PM
^^^^ the safety pin goes into the hole in the over center buckle

Ok, did not even think about that and it makes perfect sense. I will also have to pick 1 of those up.
Is it normal for the fly high pole to spin on the pylon some?

Jason.H.
06-21-2012, 02:28 PM
I picked one up at northern tool yesterday. It was on the isle with all the drawers of hardware. The drawer called them cotter pin-less locking pin. I think its normal for the pole to move around some, mine does. I did however cut a hole in a tennis ball and slip it over the ball on top of the factory pylon. It seemed to snug up the fit quite a bit. The dog didnt like that I took his tennis ball though! haha! It still seems like I always end up straightening out the pole atlease once every time on the lake.