PDA

View Full Version : fuel gauge

eaglejon
08-24-2005, 07:45 AM
I Have A 98 Mastercraft Prostar 205- Last Week The Fuel Gauge Stopped Working- Any Ideas On What To Check For?
Should I Change The Gauge, Or Could It Be The Float In Tank Is No Longer Working. Also, I Have Been Searching For An Owners Manual For My Boat-and Have Not Been Able To Locate Anything Through A Dealer, Or Over The Internet, Any Suggestions?

Workin' 4 Toys
08-24-2005, 08:35 AM
I Have A 98 Mastercraft Prostar 205- Last Week The Fuel Gauge Stopped Working- Any Ideas On What To Check For?
Should I Change The Gauge, Or Could It Be The Float In Tank Is No Longer Working. Also, I Have Been Searching For An Owners Manual For My Boat-and Have Not Been Able To Locate Anything Through A Dealer, Or Over The Internet, Any Suggestions?
The gauge: We had a fuel gauge stop working for us too on a 91. Ended up being the sending unit in the tank. Other possibilities, bad gauge, connectors have corrosion, connectors came loose or fell off.
Owners manual: You will find this troubling, but keep an eye on the auction sites, they are on there often, but you have to keep checking every few days. That is how I found mine. Was on a site with about 100 others boats. Owners manuals and service manuals. (Factory, not photo copies) The best time to find them is in spring and fall. I have had no luck with the dealers on manuals, none of them had them available and I have checked with 10 of them when I was looking.