PDA

View Full Version : 94' prostar new filter help!

shocker47
06-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Hey guys, I have a 1994 Prostar 205. Well boat has a holly carburetor and I noticed some bogging down and I took a look at the filter and this is what I found. It is a metal mesh filter, filled with gunk of all sorts. So I am looking at new filters for a replacement and I found a K and N filter but I am not sure if it will fit or not. The filter I have now is 5 inch diamter inside, and 7 inch outside diameter. I found this K and N filter just a tad bit bigger.. http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=59-3264 and was wondering if it would fit or not..

Thanks!

mikeg205
06-18-2012, 06:44 PM
You can clean the metal mesh...if you really want to spend the money you can pay me to clean it for you :D D:D

I use water and simple green....some use WD40. Bottom line it will go from black to clean mettalic. My friends Rinker (4.3 mercruiser) was surging and running rich. I took my education from TT with me took a quick look...looked at the spark arrestor...took it off started the engine and all the problems went away.

I enjoyed a cold one while he cleaned the spark arrestor.

shocker47
06-18-2012, 06:47 PM
so save my money and clean it? haha sounds good to me. I just wanted the "bling" of the K and N filter.

mikeg205
06-18-2012, 09:19 PM
that's a different story...blinging up is making it better... :)

Lumbergh
06-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Some nice carb cleaner from a can, followed by a rinse out with simple green and aqua is an easy way to get the spark arrestor clean.

Off the boat of course...

And some more engine bling (K&N Style), to the misses, is just "a necessary replacement part due to age and product advancement..."