PDA

View Full Version : Trim Tab Settings for Perfect Pass

Bill X-55
06-18-2012, 05:02 PM
I added my first rider profiles to the BIG quick-list this weekend. (The functionality is really cool.) When I activate a rider and turn on cruise mode, the trim tab and both ski tabs go to 100% automatically. Even if the rider profile has 0% tabs, they go to 100%. The tabs will then adjust to the rider profile when the speed reaches the set point. I find the boat more difficult to control out of the hole with all tabs at 100%.

I was wondering if perhaps the tabs were wired incorrectly and all tabs should go to 0% when a rider is activated, then adjust per the rider profile. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!

bjames
06-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Bill X-55, I asume your X55 is a 2012 model with the BIG touch screem? First question I have for you, does your ballast automatically fill when you activate the rider setting? Just wondering as I am having the same issues with my x25. I believe the trim tabs are lowering as a result in the automatic pitch adjustment. The tabs lower to bring the boat on plane quicker. But I find it distrupts th wake. What I do is as soon as the boat is accellerating, I manually rais the tabs by pressing and holding he Tab Up button untill all th tabs come up all the way.

Bill X-55
06-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Thanks bjames! Yep, it is a 2012 with the touch screen. The ballast tanks adjust perfectly. However the trim tabs going to 100% seems odd. It does make sense however that the tabs make it plane faster but the boat does seen very sluggesh. It kinda freaked my wife out a few times as it is hard to get used to.

bjames
06-18-2012, 05:49 PM
So what your experiencing seems to be normal and is part of the "auto leveling' feature. Also you should notice that if the boat is unballanced (listing to either side from more people sitting on tat side), the surf tabs should automatically adjust to level the roll out. When you switch to the Ballast screen, you wil se the pitch and roll indicators at the top of the screen. Its actuslly a nice feature, but IMO it also seems to get in the way of creating a good wake. People here are hoping that MC will put in a bypass for the auto leveling in a future upgrade for the BIG firmware.

Bill X-55
06-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Thanks! I noticed there was a pre-programmed rider in the quicklist called auto level. I was hoping there was a way to override this. I will say the instructions and documentation is weak. I still cant find the USB data formats to upload riders via USB. It would be cool to have some rider pics.

bjames
06-19-2012, 02:43 PM
For importing rider data via USB stick, there is a webpage on this site located here http://www.mastercraft.com/bigscreen/rider

you can selected all the settings and save it to your stick. I have not tried this yet myself, so good luck with it :)

Quinten
06-19-2012, 03:00 PM
If we select wake full, it starts to pump when you turn the cruis on. If we start the trim plate is 100% down, when we are on plane it raise it self to the installed hight in this case 0%down. Don't need to push any buttons to raise it.

Nick911
06-27-2012, 07:13 PM
So I tried using my rider profiles for the first time today, someone run me through the process of using these. I go to the Profile, hit Activate, it brings me to the cruise screen, then I hit cruise on when I get to the selected speed (I bring boat up to speed manually before hitting cruise on to avoid the boat searching too much). At this time the boat gets to speed, but the plates nor the ballast adjust as per the profile. The plates seem to be maintaining the auto level or auto launch function, they do not go where they are supposed to go, say, for surfing. The ballast tanks do not fill either.

Am I activating this this the right way?

Nick911
06-27-2012, 09:11 PM
So testing this out I discovered that the profiles I've created won't activate via the quick list, however, the preset ones do.

Thoughts anyone?

Bill X-55
07-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Nick911. Mine did the same thing at first. I had to go to settings and reset everything to "factory preset." It worked great after that. One you get a rider programmed, hit activate and it flips you to the cruise screen. Now you have to hit the "turn cruise on" button. The ballast and tabs should adjust then. THis took me a while to figure out as the documentation is very weak.

Bill X-55
07-08-2012, 04:42 PM
A followup to my original thread. I have grown to like the fact that all tabs go to 100% when a rider is activated. When the boat is really loaded down, the tabs keep the bow down out of the hole so it helps my wife see over the bow.