PDA

View Full Version : Lost my ski-bummer!!

wheelerlake
06-18-2012, 01:00 AM
Stopped at our friends to pick him up for a ski run last Sunday night. As we were at the dock I put my skis on the swim deck to get ready. When he wasn't coming out of the cottage I went up to the cottage to find him. He wasn't there so I got back in the boat and we took off. Never, ever remembering my skis on the back of the boat. Today a neighbor found my drop ski that I painted orange but no matter how many people we talked to or how many times we went around the lake looking I could not find my O'Brien Siege. BUMMER!!!! Anyone hears of someone finding a ski on Wheeler Lake let me know!! Thanks for any help!

Brian B
06-18-2012, 05:53 AM
Sucks man. Feel for ya. I like the idea of painting the drop ski!

madcityskier
06-18-2012, 08:32 AM
Lost/Reward signs by the boat launches. Good luc

k.

tideengineer
06-18-2012, 10:04 AM
what's a drop ski?....just kidding ;-)

76S&S
06-18-2012, 10:07 AM
My son did something similar with his wakeboard last summer. It was an expensive lesson for him.

brandon1515
06-18-2012, 10:55 AM
I left my wakeboard at the launch last year. Went back later to look for it but it was long gone. Unfortunately, it never turned up. Hopefully your luck is better. Fortunately the salesman at the pro shop took some pity on me and gave me a killer deal on another one.

broncotw
06-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Hard lesson to learn! I hope is turns up for ya!!!

BrianT
06-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Ouch.... that sucks!

wheelerlake
06-18-2012, 01:15 PM
So far I've posted on Facebook (our lake association and the lake page), Craigslist, another lake page, here. Talked to everyone on the docks yesterday. Nothing. Put in an order on Overton's this AM, hopefully I can cancel it but no luck so far! We spray-painted the drop ski bright orange so hopefully no one hits it. I take off in a corner of the lake and in close but boats still come in close. That ski gets dropped as soon as my butt clears the water. Huge lesson learned. Signing up for an extra day in the ICU to earn $$$ to make up for it:(

tideengineer
06-18-2012, 01:20 PM
I was just kidding. I like the painted drop ski idea. Sorry for your loss. I am in the market for a good used slalom ski if anyone has one. Maybe it will turn up.

sp00ky
06-18-2012, 01:21 PM
Stopped at our friends to pick him up for a ski run last Sunday night. As we were at the dock I put my skis on the swim deck to get ready. When he wasn't coming out of the cottage I went up to the cottage to find him. He wasn't there so I got back in the boat and we took off. Never, ever remembering my skis on the back of the boat. Today a neighbor found my drop ski that I painted orange but no matter how many people we talked to or how many times we went around the lake looking I could not find my O'Brien Siege. BUMMER!!!! Anyone hears of someone finding a ski on Wheeler Lake let me know!! Thanks for any help!

Yep I've had my fair share of stupid problems. A few years ago I put my wakeboard in the grass at my buddy's house and he ran over it with his truck. My kids have been using it for the few times we have snow in north ga as a sled

thatsmrmastercraft
06-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Tough way to lose a ski. Doesn't even make for a good story. Be better to tell about the gator that missed your leg and got your ski:rolleyes:

lettmeknow
06-18-2012, 02:21 PM
I was vacuuming my boat once while on trailer. My buddy left his HO in my boat and I moved it to the back deck. Forgot to put it back. Needless to say I drove off and the ski fell off somewhere between my house and the lake. I actually forgot about it till he called a few days later to get the ski. It then hit me what happended. I felt so bad and didnt want to tell him, that I went to the local ski shop and bought the exact same one.I told them my story and they gave me a hell of a deal. A few days later I noticed someone posted a found ski sign near my house. Turns out they were skiers and new someone would miss it. So I went from none to two! I felt bad to return it since they gave me such a great deal.