PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine - No Oil Pressure on gauge.

mlawler34
06-17-2012, 02:29 PM
So I was out on the water with my 2004 XSTAR with The MCX. I had most of my family in the boat 9 adults 2 kids and all the gear that come with having everyone. Boat ran great all morning mostly putzed around the lake or swam or whatever. Dropped someone off then we took off to get to the other side lake. When I backed off the throttle and powered down to go into a no wake I immediately got a check engine light and the familiar buzz that goes with it.

Shut her off for a few minutes immediately checked oil etc. Tried to start her back up and it would turn over once and then would shut down. Temp gauge showed a little high but not alarmingly high but the oil pressure read zero.

I assume oil pump went on me. What's this going to cost me? Need to get it over to my dealer Monday. Just wanted to get some thoughts and what this might cost me. Would love to do this myself and save the cash but my mechanical expertise lacks in the engine mechanic department.

TOO-TALL
06-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Maybe just a bad sending unit.or the sending unit is cloged.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-17-2012, 06:03 PM
^ ditto, only way to tell if oil pump is bad is to hook up a mechanical oil pressure gauge instead of the electronic sender.

mlawler34
06-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Alright. Good to know. That is what we were thinking. Trying to think best case scenario. A sender isn't too bad.