PDA

View Full Version : Bunks carpeting

surfacetension
06-16-2012, 04:03 PM
The 2 v bunks on the front of may talier are almost worn thru on on spot , It almost looks like the plate was welded on too high on one side and the carpet on the bunks looks like it's gooing thru fast , It's a 2007 with a 2008 trailer I have 116 hours on the boat and hardley tow 50 miles to the lake, Can I buy new bunk pads for the frony ( Under the winch)?? and where can I get them

BriEOD
06-17-2012, 01:17 AM
Why not just fix it? You can probably find a very similar carpet at either Lowes or Overtons. Pull it apart and if something is protruding, file it down and/or put some foam over the part that is causing the rub. Then re-recarpet it and re-install.

kjohnson
06-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Buy yourself some ultimate bunk boards. Not rot, no carpet. ultimatebunkboards.com

Barefooter92
06-18-2012, 01:46 PM
If your looking at carpet, Lowes has it. Made bunks for my lift and matched the trailer with the stuff from Lowes. If your replacing I would go with the ultimatebunkboards, never need changing.

psychobilly
06-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Hey kjohnson, tell everyone how easy you load and unload now! ;)

surfacetension
06-18-2012, 03:25 PM
It's the little v in the bow one side rubbed thru way to much to file down , Thanks for the info

Hrkdrivr
06-18-2012, 11:55 PM
Buy yourself some ultimate bunk boards. Not rot, no carpet. ultimatebunkboards.com

Do you use them? Can you vouch for their claim they won't scratch the gelcoat? Thx

psychobilly
06-19-2012, 06:47 AM
I can vouch for them. I have had them on for a lil while now and they will not scratch your gel coat. The derometer of the bunks is lower than the Gel Coat so it will not scatch. Easy on and easy off the trailer. Make sure you DO NOT un hook until you are in the water. ;)

SilviaMan
06-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Its a different trailer, but on the front bunk for the 76 I tripled up the carpet in the middle where the bow contacts the bunks and it has worked out very well.

kjohnson
06-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Do you use them? Can you vouch for their claim they won't scratch the gelcoat? Thx

Haven't scatched my boat yet. Very easy to load and unload.

kjohnson
06-19-2012, 10:18 AM
Hey kjohnson, tell everyone how easy you load and unload now! ;)

Those boards are sklicker than snot. The boards offer hardly any resistance to loading and unloading. Ditto on not unhooking the winch strap until the boat is in the water or you may end up with your boat sitting on the concrete ramp. Ouch!

psychobilly
06-19-2012, 02:36 PM
I knew you would like them! I don't rave about a product unless it's REALLY good and this one is from what I have seen so far.

kjohnson
06-19-2012, 03:04 PM
I knew you would like them! I don't rave about a product unless it's REALLY good and this one is from what I have seen so far.

A friend of mine put them on his Barefoot Sanger Trailer. He loves them too. Do you tie down the back when trailering?

psychobilly
06-19-2012, 05:14 PM
No I don't tie the stern down. I don't tow very far either so I haven't worried about it much. When I bought the boat it had teh OEM bunks of course and I towed her 7 hours at 80 mph... I did notice that my forward running tie down cable on the bow got tight on the way to boat storage.... Soooo, I will prolly tie the stern down on long trips.... ;)