PDA

View Full Version : Pulling up kids

riptide
06-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Hello

When pulling up 10 year olda on wakeboards, what is the right force?
Do you put throttle forward same as adult, or do you ease them in a bit?

MASTIQUE
06-16-2012, 10:32 AM
I pulled my son at the same force as everyone when he was learning at 5 years old. That way no matter what boat or driver you don't have to worry about them wanting to be pulled up a special way. They form habits even from the first pull.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 2

JohnE
06-16-2012, 10:46 AM
I wouldnt give them nearly as much pull as an adult. It doesn't take much to pop them up.

Latin Flyer
06-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Driving for kids is an art. You NEED to be looking at them while you pull them up.
I would say start slow and progress slow.
Tournamet lingo would be, slow slow slow.

Kell
06-16-2012, 11:28 AM
I wouldnt give them nearly as much pull as an adult. It doesn't take much to pop them up.

Ditto this. My kids pop up with little throttle..

Sent from my iPad 2 3G using Tapatalk

tex
06-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Depends on how my kid is acting that day!

madcityskier
06-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Depends on how my kid is acting that day!

Spare the throttle spoil the child?
They pop up so easy it's ridiculous at that age. With kids who are a bit scared we've even been known to sit on the bow and tow them in reverse on an extremely short rope to get them away from the exhaust noise and closer to an adult.

Chrisoswald
06-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Get them on a boom as well. It's a great training aid. My 8 year old and 5 year old pop up like a cork with just a bump on the throttle. Another good part of the boom is you an talk to them with ease and they are riding on glass. For teaching little ones, in my opinion, it's the only way to go

BriEOD
06-17-2012, 01:13 AM
Spare the throttle spoil the child?
They pop up so easy it's ridiculous at that age. With kids who are a bit scared we've even been known to sit on the bow and tow them in reverse on an extremely short rope to get them away from the exhaust noise and closer to an adult.

Wow, now that is a new one on me!