PDA

View Full Version : Need a Moeller FT3223 fuel tank desperately

nicola1955
06-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Hello everyone,
I accidently punctured the fuel tank in a 1998 Mastercraft 190 prostar and can not find a replacement, the Moeller P/N is FT3223 and the Mastercraft P/N is 153306.
can someone help me, please!!!:(

mikeg205
06-16-2012, 12:23 PM
fast may be a problem...but you can most likely repair temporarily if its just a puncture. Is your tank a single layer of polyethylene - the pre-non 2 layer tank type from moeller. drain the tank - ground it to pull of static. take off all equipment from tank. i.e. fuel sender...etc. wash tank inside and out with water and laundry detergent let dry completely....did I say let dry completely? Then get some specific adhesive from http://www.eplastics.com. Get the adhesive and a polyethylene screw. Drill the tank - cover the screw with the correct glue insert screw with a gasket- let cure. Fill tank with water see if it leaks...should take a couple of days to fix. Let tank dry again or rinse it with a gallon of seafoam - install and keep your blower running the whole time you use it until your new tank comes. Order new tank. post pictures of puncture....

This is what I would do...The most important part is grounding that take when removing it and getting the last bit of fuel out.

If I am really off base here.. I am sure I will get schooled by some of the masters.

Or call (800) 497-0010 Jamestown Distributors to see what they think.

mikeg205
06-16-2012, 12:26 PM
did you find this?

http://www.iboats.com/Moeller-31-90-Gal-OEM-Permanent-Fuel-Tanks/dm/cart_id.019601276--qty_411210.1--session_id.009167208--view_id.483888--viewcart.full

Cloaked
06-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Call Moeller. :rolleyes:

They can hook you up easily enough. Folks there are very nice to deal with and accommodating in timeliness. I rebuilt my entire tank internals from their assistance. One day service for me but I live in the next county over from their location.

When removing your fuel cell, cut the filler hose and save yourself a ton of headache. Order a new one from skidim.com for less than $10. Those things are darn near impossible to remove without cutting. Much easier to cut it off for time and efficiency.

An accidental puncture on those cells is almost premeditated. Those things are tough. Tell us more. How did it happen? :D

I mean, pictures of this puncture is almost a must.

nicola1955
06-16-2012, 05:48 PM
I need an FT3223 not a FT3233 it was close but no cigar lol.
Thanks

nicola1955
06-16-2012, 05:51 PM
hello
sounds good on paper but the dual exhaust run right under the fuel tank that sits at floor level in the stern of boat. the motor is in the center. i cannot chance a leak it could be deadly.
thanks the same

nicola1955
06-16-2012, 05:54 PM
I called Moeller and they no longer have the mold to fabricate a new tank so Mastercraft do not have any stock and i cant chance a repair because of the position of the tank, right above the dual exhaust.
Thanks

mikeg205
06-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Did Moeller recommend an alternative? Does your engine have the fuel pump mounted on engine? If so what would fit back there. I have a 205 with the tank in back above the exhaust as well. There has to be something they have that you can use instead.

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=12414&familyName=Vetus+Rigid+Plastic+Diesel+Fuel+Tanks

maybe jamestown distributors can help....

Yes...how did you puncture tank...on a prostar?

mikeg205
06-16-2012, 07:01 PM
I measured my 205 and the tanks dimensions are 55 x 12 x 12.

This one would fit if your aft is similar to mine...

http://www.moellermarine.com/sites/moellermarine/files/FT1997-1.pdf

Unfortunately on 19 gallons... and the filler hose in middle....but might work with a little work.

nicola1955
06-16-2012, 07:03 PM
i punctured the tank with some staples i thought it was a panel and installed a strip of velcro so lower caprpeted panel would say in place, one big mistake, if only i could turn back time.
jamestown distributions do not have the tank i need.
thanks anyway.

mikeg205
06-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Found this too... this one just might fit depending how much space in your aft area.

http://greatlakesskipper.com/product/37_452_453-boat-engines-engine-parts-and-accessories-fuel-tanks-polyethylene/18288-moeller-marine-products-moeller-ft4035-poly-40-gallon-boat-fuel-tank.html

nicola1955
06-16-2012, 07:05 PM
my gas tank is 65 x 17 x 8.5 banana shape really special

mikeg205
06-16-2012, 07:09 PM
i punctured the tank with some staples i thought it was a panel and installed a strip of velcro so lower caprpeted panel would say in place, one big mistake, if only i could turn back time.
jamestown distributions do not have the tank i need.
thanks anyway.

Crap happens.

petermegan
06-16-2012, 09:31 PM
I feel your reluctance, but if they are only small staple holes I would take it to a plastic welder or do the job yourself with a soldering iron. (no flame). Never tried it on one of these tanks but should be fine.

nicola1955
06-22-2012, 03:49 PM
thanks
had it plastic welded nice job

InlandBoatCenter
11-27-2012, 04:12 PM
I here you are looking for a moeller fuel tank. I work at a large boat shop in Perris, CA and We had purchase alot from the Fox Distribution warehouse when they went out business and we have alot of fuel tanks. If you are still looking for a fuel tank let me know and also with a part number and I can look if we have it. Also we offer half off on alot of our item. If anyone else is looking for anything from fuel tanks to rub rail kits to exact fit boat cover for mastercraft let me know cause we have alot of stuff that we need to sell.

Thanks
-JP

milkmania
11-27-2012, 04:29 PM
I here you are looking for a moeller fuel tank. I work at a large boat shop in Perris, CA and We had purchase alot from the Fox Distribution warehouse when they went out business and we have alot of fuel tanks. If you are still looking for a fuel tank let me know and also with a part number and I can look if we have it. Also we offer half off on alot of our item. If anyone else is looking for anything from fuel tanks to rub rail kits to exact fit boat cover for mastercraft let me know cause we have alot of stuff that we need to sell.

Thanks
-JP

Welcome Aboard!

you will have a lot of interest if you create a new thread for the items you've mentioned:twocents:

in your message, I see Fuel Tanks, Rub Rail Kits, and OEM Boat Covers.... Get a semi-functional parts list going and these members will be on it like bees on honey:D