PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlite system bindings

kgrove
06-16-2012, 01:12 AM
I have a couple boys similar in size but different foot sizes and am thinking about getting Hyperlite system bindings in part so they can share a board while each still having great fitting boots. I have them sharing a board with open toed boots now, but I need to upgrade and upsize their bindings anyway.

Anyone have experience with multiple riders using the same System bindings but different boots? Would I also gain speedier rider switches versus open toed boots that they share today? I would think I could have the next rider put boots on while the first is still riding to make for a speedy transition on the swim deck. Thoughts and experience with Hyperlite System appreciated.

bstanislaw
06-19-2012, 07:10 PM
I have the 2011 system and happy with them. I wear a 10 in the bindings so I got the large/xlarge system. you can buy one system but depends on their size.you can also adjust the system a little too.what size do they wear?

kgrove
06-21-2012, 03:06 PM
I have the 2011 system and happy with them. I wear a 10 in the bindings so I got the large/xlarge system. you can buy one system but depends on their size.you can also adjust the system a little too.what size do they wear?

Right now they are wearing sizes 7 and 8, but they're growing like weeds so that won't last... Ideally whatever I do has the flexibility to last multiple years including hand-me-downs. Don't the system bindings have a size break where the S/M works up to size 9 but size 10 and above boots takes a L? That could create a problem for me shortly if they require different bindings. I already know I'd have to have different boots for each, but if I can easily attach both sets of boots to the same board it will save me buying a second board. The boots I can keep when they outgrow them and hand to the next boy down the list (one of the few advantages of having three boys).

bstanislaw
06-22-2012, 07:59 AM
I would buy one size bigger for each of your boys so they have room to grow in them. Yes your right they do have a size break and you will need the S/M system. The L/XL will be too big for them both. Like I said the system does have it were you can adjust it a little to fit the boot pretty perfectly.