PDA

View Full Version : Trailering boat to Allatoona Lake

TNVOL-X45
06-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Hello TT,

I am Kevin. We took delivery of our 2011 X45 at the end of last season, so we are just now getting to enjoy it. I am new to TT, but I have been reading them for several months now. I know there are several threads on covers on/off and using tie downs or not. Our boat is dry docked and not on a trailer very often. We are taking the boat to Allatoona lake for a church youth camp.

I would like to know if people who tie down are using the motorcycle extensions and sliding them between the swim platform and using the transom anchors, or are people using the anchors below the swim platform? These would be easier to attach and go, but I don't want to risk damage to the swim platform. I have boat buckles and the extensions already.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Granite_33
06-15-2012, 12:02 PM
Use the Anchor points below the swim platform.

If you are going anywhere, I strongly suggest them.

Multiple sources to get these.

http://www.boatinggearcenter.com/c-32-trailering.aspx?gclid=CMOS8ZjO0LACFQoDQAodHCmjMg#F ilter=[EntityIDs=@%28715%29@*Sort=5*ava=0]

MASTIQUE
06-15-2012, 01:36 PM
First we need boat pics! Second I would not travel with the cover on, pull it and close and lock the windshield and close the walk through door. If you can.... stow the three "L" shaped seats in your ride. Get trailer tow straps for the back if your interstate cruising!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 2

TNVOL-X45
06-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Thank you for the advice. Here are a couple of pics. I am cleaning her up tomorrow for the trip. I will take more photos then. She is not one of flashiest color combos, but I got a good deal on the 2011, so I did not order a 2012.

MASTIQUE
06-15-2012, 09:33 PM
I love your color combo and you have the ZFT5P which is way sweet!!!!, I think we bought from the same dealer??? KX local here too!!802978029880299

TNVOL-X45
06-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks. Yes we did purchase from the same dealer. I saw yours leaving the dealership on their face book page and then saw your post on TT. I love the red and black. That is the color combo I wanted.

The ZFT5P is great for dry dock! My neighbor (He works at MC) says that the parts for retrofitting the tower with hydraulics should be coming out soon. I am going to wait until the end of the season so I don't lose my boat for a week.

MASTIQUE
06-15-2012, 10:28 PM
What engine do you have?

TNVOL-X45
06-15-2012, 10:50 PM
6.0 ilmor. It has been great. We had a 2007 four winns 240. This boat seems a lot faster when I am behind it. (I know... that really isn't a comparison). I love the way it handles too.