PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Coversports?

Thrall
06-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Looking for a new cover. Coversports does not have a website any longer. Still has a voicemail, but no calls/messages have been returned.
Anyone been in touch with them lately?
Still in business?

gts-20
06-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Looking for a new cover. Coversports does not have a website any longer. Still has a voicemail, but no calls/messages have been returned.
Anyone been in touch with them lately?
Still in business?

I was in contact with them via email 2-3 weeks ago. Was trying to get a cover made for my PS214, but they didnt have the pattern for it. Brent answered all my emails very quickly.

Brent Fleming
theprocover@gmail.com

Thrall
06-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Thanks, I'll try his email.
If he doesn't have a pattern for my boat I happen to live here now, so thought it would be ideal. Drop the boat of, pick it up with a cover on it!

rgardjr1
06-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Thanks, I'll try his email.
If he doesn't have a pattern for my boat I happen to live here now, so thought it would be ideal. Drop the boat of, pick it up with a cover on it!

I wonder if we could get a discount if we each buy one? I've been looking to upgrade over the factory cover.

ChandlerR
06-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Before you buy a coversport cover, go to planetnautique.com and do a search. He does have some happy customers, but lately most are not happy.

east tx skier
06-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Count me among one of the happy customers. Have had my cover for 3 seasons now and it remains perfect. I'm on PN quite a bit and I don't know about "most" of his customers being unhappy. I think it is unquestionable that ease of getting in touch with him has always been less than perfect and I know there was a guy from PA that was having some problems, but "most" of his customers are not happy? Can you be more specific?

PN Search Results for "Coversports" (http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/search.php?searchid=193609)

Thrall
06-15-2012, 02:06 PM
Rick, yeah maybe.
Brent emailed me back yesterday. Did not seem very familiar with MC models. Asked me if the X2 had another name so he could see if he had a pattern, AFTER I offered my cover or boat for a pattern (assume he's nearby in Seattle).
I'll let you know what he comes up with and mention a 2 for discount if I get to talk to him.
Your 200 has an 06 tower, correct?

I can see the difficulty in getting ahold of them for sure, but not many other option out there other than OE for trailerable covers that don't have a bunch of tie downs.

Thrall
06-15-2012, 02:06 PM
Before you buy a coversport cover, go to planetnautique.com and do a search. He does have some happy customers, but lately most are not happy.

Thx for the heads up.

swc5150
06-15-2012, 02:19 PM
He made all the covers for my Nautiques, and he did an awesome job. I don't believe he has too many patterns for MC's however? Evolution covers may though, and they're essentially the same thing.

east tx skier
06-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Thx for the heads up.

Definitely go over there and read up on it. Let me know what you find. I'm kind of curious.

rgardjr1
06-15-2012, 02:24 PM
I'll let you know what he comes up with and mention a 2 for discount if I get to talk to him. Your 200 has an 06 tower, correct?

I do have the 2006 tower on mine-no braces necessary like the new ones.

Thrall
06-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Definitely go over there and read up on it. Let me know what you find. I'm kind of curious.

Meh, not too worried about it.
Brent has been corresponding with me now. Said they are extremely busy and backed up. I'll take that as a good sign!

jakethebt
06-15-2012, 04:54 PM
I currently have a cover on order for a 1996 205. He had a pattern for that. Email has been the best way to contact him.

east tx skier
06-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Meh, not too worried about it.
Brent has been corresponding with me now. Said they are extremely busy and backed up. I'll take that as a good sign!

Here's the deal with Brent. He's a good guy and spent a lot of time getting faxes from CC dealers to to do covers that he was used to doing. About 4 years ago, after Rankin went out of business, he started getting busier. He has grown slowly and may not have set the growth pattern perfectly. All I know is he makes a great cover with stuff he knows how to make and can probably make great covers for stuff he has on hand, i.e., your boat.

In short, you're probably in great hands.

My boat:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-BoFEwTkOE34/TaJ5SziKhgI/AAAAAAAAD00/mt3zBaOMkqw/s1152/IMAG0050.jpg

Thrall
06-15-2012, 05:24 PM
You've gotten some mileage out of that pic for sure!
Please photoshop a MC logo on it for future postings!:D
I've seen a couple of their covers (presumably) in person and they look tight (literally and figuratively).

east tx skier
06-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Sorry. The red won't match with a PhotoShop.