PDA

View Full Version : X2 trailer correct air pressure

Trent 197
06-13-2012, 12:35 PM
My tires a looking a little low on my X2 trailer (single axle). Does anybody know the appropriate pressure? I'm sure it's in one of the manuals, but if you guys know, let me know.

Thanks!

thatsmrmastercraft
06-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Use the recommended max tire pressure on the sidewall of the tire. That will give you the most carrying capacity, least rolling resistance for best fuel efficiency, and create the least amount of heat from minimizing sidewall flexing, which will provide for a longer tire life as well.

What tires are on this trailer?

mzimme
06-13-2012, 12:52 PM
I was under the impression that running the max pressure wasn't necessarily ideal since it could be overinflated for the load. If they're overinflated, the inside of the tire will wear unevenly. Is this not correct?

Huskie05
06-13-2012, 01:16 PM
I have run every trailer tire at 50 PSI never had any wear issues or blow outs. I think basically they all call for 50 psi.

bobx1
06-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Goodyear Marathons (which is what MC was putting on their trailers for a while) are 65PSI cold......

pmkkdx
06-13-2012, 02:10 PM
max load psi rating is not "over-inflated". I have a tandem trailer and the max load psi is 50 psi on the side of the tires and should not cause uneven wear. If anything, if trailer is running empty it would wear a bit more in the middle of the tire with higher pressure.

thatsmrmastercraft
06-13-2012, 02:11 PM
I was under the impression that running the max pressure wasn't necessarily ideal since it could be overinflated for the load. If they're overinflated, the inside of the tire will wear unevenly. Is this not correct?

If a tire is over-inflated, it will wear in the center. Inside tire wear would result from a bent axle or an axle alignment issue.

mzimme
06-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Center is what I meant

thatsmrmastercraft
06-13-2012, 04:05 PM
The only place where I would consider running less than max air pressure is an empty utility trailer. They will tend to bounce when empty, so a softer tire will limit that bouncing and the cupping/flat-spotting that will happen. I guess the same thing would apply ir you were to tow an empty boat trailer for a distance.

thatsmrmastercraft
06-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Center is what I meant

I figured you did. My fingers don't always type exactly what I think either. Sometimes not even close.:confused: