PDA

View Full Version : 1979 S&S blower question

sam196370
06-13-2012, 12:21 PM
So I didn't think blower was working so took it out and hooked up directly to 12v - worked great. Hooked it back up in boat and it ran VERY slowly - it's obviously getting power but not enough for some reason - any ideas?

Going to make sure connections are secure this weekend but thought someone else might have had this problem.
Thanks

thatsmrmastercraft
06-13-2012, 12:36 PM
You still have some high resistance somewhere. The switch is a good source. You can actually take these apart and clean them. The fuse block is another source for corrosion. Pull the driver's seat and spend some time on your back cleaning things up.

'78 Starz & Stripes
06-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Fuse block would be my guess. Could also be the switch.

sam196370
06-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Thank you - will check this weekend, have to get under there to make some gauges a little more functional anyway.

thatsmrmastercraft
06-13-2012, 01:57 PM
The way the female wiring connectors slide onto the threaded studs makes for a minimum of surface area for contact. On the other hand, it is easy to slide the contact back and forth a number of times and clean them up. Once clean, apply a little dielectric grease to the studs and ensure the connectors are fully seated.

Just had to do this to make my oil pressure gauge work properly.