PDA

View Full Version : Brake parts 1994 Prostar 190

scrpmtl23
06-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Can anyone give me a good vendor to purchase brake pads for a 1994 Prostar 190 trailer? I'm having a hard time searching online and would love a referral to a good dealer. Thank you!

mikeg205
06-13-2012, 10:54 AM
www.pacifictrailers.com

scrpmtl23
06-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Good stuff... I'll check them out. THank you!

pram
06-13-2012, 11:53 AM
www.pacifictrailers.com

MUCH MUCH BETTER GUYS TO DEAL WITH

Stephen Billingsley
California Trailer Works, Inc.
www.caltrailerworks.com
916-381-7619
stephen@caltrailerworks.com

I phoned Pacific last week and felt like I was interrupting the guys day. I wanted a specific UFP part (Swing Tongue outer member) and he wouldn't even look up a price for me

Steve on the other hand, very helpful, talked to me about the drum vs disc actuators, told me what would have to be done to go from tandem drum to tandem disc

mayo93prostar
06-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Your brakes are probably UFP brand and there is a distributor in Tenessee per link below.
http://www.ufpnet.com/ContactUs/tabid/60/Default.aspx
However, when I put disk brakes on my 93 trailer, I got better pricing from Dorsey Trailers in Oklahoma than the UFP distributor in Tenessee. However, I think Dorsey is out of business. You should be able to find them from any trailer place as long as you know it is UFP brand parts. Or try your MC dealer or Jim@BAWS who is regularly on this site.

scrpmtl23
06-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Thanks for all the info. This actually the girl's boat and trailer and I don't know much about the brake system but I am learning. I know cars and have done plenty of discs and drums so I'm assuming I can handle it once I get what I need and get the trailer on the lift! I know it is a drum and assume that there are replacement shoes... or I might need the whole back plate?

mikeg205
06-13-2012, 12:43 PM
wow.. never had a problem with pacific trailer - but will give the other guys a try - no TT should feel that way after calling...

pram
06-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Thanks for all the info. This actually the girl's boat and trailer and I don't know much about the brake system but I am learning. I know cars and have done plenty of discs and drums so I'm assuming I can handle it once I get what I need and get the trailer on the lift! I know it is a drum and assume that there are replacement shoes... or I might need the whole back plate?

Are the brakes not working?

you may need from front to back on a 94 if they have never been done.

I completely re-did my 91 last year with a change over to discs and an A-60 actuator. Was fairly easy to do and worked really well once I was completed