PDA

View Full Version : 1993 prostar 190 lift ring

zsqure
06-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Hi I am looking for a 1993 Prostar 190, not my first boat, but my first inboard. I am wanting to put my boat in a boathouse on a cradle at the lake instead of trailering it. They use the lifting rings on top of the deck to hoist the boat in / out of the water. I have seen pictures of the front lifting ring, I have not seen the rear lifting ring on the 1993 model boats. Is it there? Am I missing it? Does anyone else do this as well?

mikeg205
06-12-2012, 11:04 PM
should be 2 lifting rings on the transom.

milkmania
06-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Hi I am looking for a 1993 Prostar 190, not my first boat, but my first inboard. I am wanting to put my boat in a boathouse on a cradle at the lake instead of trailering it. They use the lifting rings on top of the deck to hoist the boat in / out of the water. I have seen pictures of the front lifting ring, I have not seen the rear lifting ring on the 1993 model boats. Is it there? Am I missing it? Does anyone else do this as well?

they're shown in Kyle's post
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=654540&postcount=1

Kyle
06-12-2012, 11:45 PM
I would not use lift rings instead of a cradle lift. I don't think the factory lift rings are intended for long term use as for supporting the boat.

CantRepeat
06-13-2012, 07:58 AM
I would not use lift rings instead of a cradle lift. I don't think the factory lift rings are intended for long term use as for supporting the boat.

Kyle is correct. In fact, there are warnings about using the lifting rings for long term storage. They fine for lifting the boat but should not be used for storage.

east tx skier
06-13-2012, 09:58 AM

Exactly. On the MCs, they are only designed for short term use. The only boats you can hang for long term storage are CCs. Get a cradle and design the bunks to mimic your trailer bunk layout. You can also use slings, but I imagine that would be a pain when dealing with the running gear.

zsqure
06-14-2012, 10:24 PM
Thank you for the replies. I shot an email off to Mastercraft after everyones input and they said that lifting with a spreader bar for the rear two loops and at the single front loop it is ok to lift out of the water and place on the cradle. Then lift off the cradle and place back in the water.

h2oskifreak
06-15-2012, 09:53 AM
No jack intended but my front lift ring on my 94 is slightly loose, is this supposed to be so? Not so loose it is coming off, just wiggles a bit, is that built this way to not crack the gel coat or has it just come a little loose?

broncotw
06-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Mine is EXACTLY the same way h2oskifreak! Was wondering the same thing myself!

mcmx2
06-15-2012, 12:21 PM
They are designed that way so they have a little play when using them to lift. It was the same way on my 89 190. My 2005 197TT does not have a lift ring.

east tx skier
06-15-2012, 01:09 PM
If you don't plan to use it, you can tighten it by putting the handle end of a rubber hammer in the ring and turning it until it is snug. It won't hurt anything to snug it up if you aren't planning to lift from it.

/I'll admit that I have never heard that they were supposed to be have play in them. My SN is designed to use the lifting rings for long term storage if need be and there is zero play in them.

shepherd
06-15-2012, 01:58 PM
I tightened mine up, too. It was about 10 years ago so I don't remember exactly how I did it. I think I crawled up under the bow with a wrench (it was a PS 190).

h2oskifreak
06-16-2012, 01:43 AM
I tried to tighten from underneath and couldn't get to it (w/o a lot of work). I like the idea of tightning from above and will do it tomorrow.