PDA

View Full Version : Help the UWL 3-event team fund their boat

trevorwisc
06-12-2012, 09:17 PM
The University of Wisconsin La Crosse Waterski team is looking to fund a purchase of their new ski boat. Every little bit helps! Please visit http://igg.me/p/120372 for more information.

Who We Are

We are the University of Wisconsin La Crosse Water Ski. We compete against other teams from the Midwest in 3-event waterski tournaments during the fall & spring. Last year our waterski team took the regional title and competed nationally at division 1 nationals in Louisiana! We are poised to do so again!

A few years ago we had nothing more than a group of kids who loved to get out on the water and ski. Now we are a nationally ranked team who needs your support!

What We Need & What You Get

Waterskiing is expensive. As a club sport, we receive limited funding from the university and the past few years have had tremendous difficulty securing a reliable boat for the team to use. We have lost months of practice time due to not having a boat. We want to purchase a ski boat this year and need to raise the funds to do so.

If you can only give $20, or $10, or even $1 it will truly make a difference. A little goes a long way, and every cent will be greatly appreciated.

The Impact

Due to Wisconsinís weather we only get to ski a few months out of the year. We often push our limits, sometimes skiing even when it is snowing. Yes, this may some crazy to some people but waterskiing is our passion and we would not rather be doing anything else. So please help maximize our limited time by helping achieve our goal and raise the necessary funds to keep our teaming growing.

Please visit http://igg.me/p/120372 to donate!

_fng_
06-12-2012, 09:41 PM
I donated $20. I went to UWL for PT school a few years ago and if I had more free time I would have hit up the club! I think that another "perk" you should offer on the website would be contribution to the "Swimsuit thread"...just saying.

Best of luck with your mission!

I miss the drunk bus and 3rd street! The good ol days

trevorwisc
06-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Thanks for being our first donation, we really appreciate it!

That is swimsuit idea is a pretty good idea, I will look into it. If you are around in La Crosse we will take you for a pull through the slalom course =)

Ha I think everyone has made some great memories on that bus.

Thanks again!