PDA

View Full Version : Vrooooooom

Latetowork
06-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Best sound of the year today.

We've been a bit late busting the boat out this year due to weather, work, life /shrug.......

But to me, it is one of the best sounds of the year when I get around to it. VROOOOOOOM, the sound that V8 makes when it turns over with no effort then idles before I turn it off.

Some may frown on doing this (I don't care, so please don't start), but I always crank the boat over once in the garage before I pull it out to do anything to it at the first of the year.

It Gets my hopes up. It's just that sound of cranking the engine over and I can almost hear "HIT IT" in my ears a few seconds later :)

dobber
06-12-2012, 10:09 PM
It is a beautiful sound. Unfortunately I haven't heard that from mine yet. Had to put it away very early last summer and it is still there.:(

broncotw
06-13-2012, 10:16 AM
That is a GREAT sound! However, I am addicted to the sound of the exhaust popping in the water as I am sitting on the platform about to push off.....

onejdgreen
06-13-2012, 10:23 AM
That is a GREAT sound! However, I am addicted to the sound of the exhaust popping in the water as I am sitting on the platform about to push off.....

Thats a great sound! Love it!

19_Skier
06-13-2012, 10:29 AM

yep! and when the driver first hits the throttle, sounds amazing from behind the boat!

jdl xstar
06-13-2012, 10:30 AM
I tried to capture that turn-over and idle sound with this video.. Definitely a great sound!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYhTkRxVwYQ

Huskie05
06-13-2012, 03:31 PM
I try and time everyting to come together nicely. The engine firing up, the spray of the tanning oil, the crack of a cold beer, the sound of a ballast tank filling, the ipod firing up some great music, and my wife asking me if I gained more weight as I pull my wife beater off my hairy chest and back.
Good Stuff....