PDA

View Full Version : Bimini

ricford
06-11-2012, 11:48 PM
So, I now have a granddaughter. She's one now and we plan on spending lots of time on the water with her this July so, like a dutiful grandfather, I thought I would buy a bimini to keep her out of the sun. I was measuring the boat at the marina where I keep it, when one of the owners came over to chat and asked what I was doing. When I explained the whole story, she said "A bimini on a ski boat? You might as well go buy a mini van." Too funny!

Hogwild
06-12-2012, 12:04 AM
I'll gladly play the role of soccer mom as long as I do it sans cancer!

brandon1515
06-12-2012, 08:49 AM
First thing I did after purchasing my boat was add a bimini. I burn standing too close to a 60W light bulb. By far the best investment I've made.

tideengineer
06-12-2012, 09:46 AM
try being on the lake for six hours in deep south Alabama without a bimini top....aint enough bottles of sunscreen to keep you from turning deep lobster...

ricford
06-12-2012, 10:17 AM
I should have mentioned, I live in Ontario, Canada; we need to soak up the sun while we can, it has to last through the 6 months of winter.

19_Skier
06-12-2012, 10:27 AM
I should have mentioned, I live in Ontario, Canada; we need to soak up the sun while we can, it has to last through the 6 months of winter.

I have a bimini for mine. Didn't think I would ever use it until this past Sunday, I put it on for the kids to have some shade while we were cruising. I guess it depends on how you use the boat really. If you have the cottage then you are not likely spending hours on end in the boat with no relief from the sun and likely don't need the bimini.

shepherd
06-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Bimini around here is pretty much required in the summer if we're going to be out more than an hour or two.

Up in Canada... I don't know. Just get the kid a big floppy hat and strap it on good!

ricford
06-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Oh I'm getting the bimini, you don't have to convince me. Just thought the comment was funny.

tideengineer
06-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Hee hee...Canadian Geese sure are white!!!! I hear ya. Sunday before last the air temp was 90 degrees here....close to 80% humidity...Bimini top cools it down a little but you gotta keep the boat movin'