PDA

View Full Version : Need help for fund raising ideas

Jerseydave
06-11-2012, 04:39 PM
So my best friend's wife just lost her battle with cancer at 43 years young.
They have twin 7 year olds (boy & girl) and I'd like to raise some money for their college fund that's already been started. Of course it would be nice to get all my boating/wakeboarding/skiing friends involved.

Any ideas of what I should put together?

I'm thinking of a day of riding/skiing if boat owners are willing to donate their boats and time to pull people for donations to the "Ride for Hope and Hayden college fund". (Hope and Hayden are the kid's names) I may also ask the local board shop to kick in some prizes for a drawing.

Who's creative out there? Give me some ideas please! :rolleyes:

thatsmrmastercraft
06-11-2012, 05:29 PM
This sounds like a great idea. You could set up a paypal account and TT members could donate through there. I know I would.

jasonba1
06-11-2012, 06:03 PM
we did something like that a few years ago for a 11 year old boy that had cancer. it was called the c2c challenge basically we started downtown knoville at calhouns and wound up in lenoir city at that calhouns resturant which is 56 miles. the only rules we had no more than 5 people on a team. We had to wakeboard and coulnd not go over 23 miles an hour. we had 2 guys that rode the whole 56 miles by themsleves. we had 5 boats and roughly 22 people that rode it was late in october and we raised a little over 6000 dollars just by talking to friends and knocking on doors

atthelake
06-11-2012, 07:01 PM
This sounds like a great idea. You could set up a paypal account and TT members could donate through there. I know I would.

I am sorry for your friend and his family's loss as well as your family’s loss. It's never easy to lose a friend or watch a friend suffer the loss of their loved ones.

I agree with mrmastercraft. Your idea sounds like a great idea, get the PayPal account.