PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Alarm

srelMCX-10
06-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Had some trouble with my 2005 X10 this weekend. The engine would warm up fine and oil pressure and water temp seemed okay. We took a few hot laps around lake and when when I brought throttle back down to lower speed or no wake speed the oil pressure would fall and I would get a check engine alarm. I shut boat off and restarted and alarm was gone. I got boat back to dock and let it idle for 15 minutes or so and nothing happened. It seems like it only happens when coming down from higher speeds. I had impellar changed last fall and water temp stays at 160 or below so I don't think it is that. I checked the oil and it is at the last hole on the dipstick before the add range but still in operation range. Is that to low? I would have added some oil, but it is hard to find on a Sunday in rural Wisconsin. Can you get a check engine light if the oil is too low, or I am looking in wrong direction? Is there something else I should be looking at?

76S&S
06-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Anything else happen when the alarm sounded; did the stereo go off or anything like that?

srelMCX-10
06-11-2012, 05:24 PM
No, I don't believe so. I just got the warning beep and check engine on my display. When I tried to advance the throttle nothing would happen unlike when I had an impeller problem and I could advance the throttle, but only to a certain RPM's.

76S&S
06-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Sorry, I don't really know then.

Hopefully Jimn or EngineNut will run across your thread.

gstringlover
06-17-2012, 10:39 PM
hey bud if u get the boat scanned ,,,, tell ur tech to look for a tell tale those are history faults,,, how many hours on the boat anyways

mikeg205
06-18-2012, 12:38 AM
Had some trouble with my 2005 X10 this weekend. The engine would warm up fine and oil pressure and water temp seemed okay. We took a few hot laps around lake and when when I brought throttle back down to lower speed or no wake speed the oil pressure would fall and I would get a check engine alarm. I shut boat off and restarted and alarm was gone. I got boat back to dock and let it idle for 15 minutes or so and nothing happened. It seems like it only happens when coming down from higher speeds. I had impellar changed last fall and water temp stays at 160 or below so I don't think it is that. I checked the oil and it is at the last hole on the dipstick before the add range but still in operation range. Is that to low? I would have added some oil, but it is hard to find on a Sunday in rural Wisconsin. Can you get a check engine light if the oil is too low, or I am looking in wrong direction? Is there somethinlpug else I should be looking at?

I would say oil is a bit low...I always carry a spare quart of oil and a quart of tranny fluid... here's a helpful link Things to Bring in Boat (http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=114179&postcount=22)

Did you notice oil pressure drop at all?

srelMCX-10
06-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Boat has 217 hours. Yes the oil pressure did drop when coming down from cruising speed to idol or no wake speed. I added some oil this weekend and I did not have any alarms. Oil pressure did drop when coming down from higher speeds to idle or no wake speeds but not as drastically. I am still debating if I should take it in to get a computer on it.

76S&S
06-18-2012, 07:07 PM
What engine do you have an what did the pressure drop to? Post and someone will let you know how the pressure compares to their ride.

srelMCX-10
06-18-2012, 11:32 PM
It has the 350 MCX and it dropped down to between 10 and 20 and seemed to stay there and not recover. Thanks for the help!

76S&S
06-19-2012, 10:05 AM
I think you will find that 10 - 20 is pretty normal at idle.