PDA

View Full Version : looking for a new ski

occva
06-08-2012, 07:27 PM
This will be my second year back on the slalom ski since a 14 year break. ( no boat or lake nearby )

I have been sking on my 1984 connelly shortline 65". I know that ski is to small for me know. This weekend I will be trying a neighbors 68" Ho with double boots. I got them on in the pool, however it was hard. How much soap do you use? The bindings are the correct size.

When i quit sking years ago I could go 15 off at 34mph. I feel I am not far from there right now. Will try to get by the course this weekend. ( need a driver, wife doesn't have it yet ) lets hear some recommendations for a new to me ski. 300ish max.

mikeg205
06-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Which HO did you try....$300 ish? Hi Comp Freeride double boots... if you want to go new..IMO

occva
06-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Got out early before the water went to crap. The ski is a HO system 8 with approach bindings. I took my spray bottle of diluted simple green with me and it made the bindings slip on with just a couple sprays. I didn't chinch them down, wanted to make sure I would come out if I fell.

The ski felt great. The first thing I noticed was I wasn't riding so low in the water. Next was the ski was much faster across the wake. Now to find a decent used ski...

mikeg205
06-09-2012, 07:56 PM
I will be working on my form tomorrow at noon... the Comp Freeride also ride high on the water.... After a couple runs I will adjust the bindings back 1 setting just to see how it feels... for a novice like me I enjoy the forgiveness of the ski...

ricford
06-09-2012, 09:45 PM
I use diluted Palmolive dish soap...softens your feet as you ski. Anyway, I always cinch em right up, as long as both feet stay in you're fine, it's when only one comes out that you're in trouble.