PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Shores Alabama

Slinkyredfoot
06-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Going to be in Gulf Shores AL next week for my daughters wedding, never been but heard it is a great place. Anybody been or live close? Renting a big house on the beach. Any must sees, things to do, good seafood places? I plan on hanging on the beach relaxing and drinking a few cold ones for sure. Any thoughts, tips, and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :D

airdrew99
06-08-2012, 05:21 PM
We have been to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach a few times. We like going to Lambert's Cafe in Foley. We usually try to eat around 3:00pm when it is not very crowded. There aren't many many places to ski there. On the east side of Mobile Bay is an area called Weeks Bay. There used to be a slalom course on either the branch that goes north or east in Weeks Bay. I'm not sure if it is still there. It was the worst looking course I've ever skied though. I haven't been since 2008 so I'm not sure if it is still there.

Drew

milkmania
06-08-2012, 07:47 PM
don't know anything about it yet, but son's Little League World Series is there July 4th through 8th

mwg
06-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Pappa Rocco's for pizza, beer & live music, Bahama Bob's for their hamburger and Flora Bama for night life...

tideengineer
06-08-2012, 10:43 PM
I am there once a week. Get the Italian sampler at papa rocca's. Lulu's is great for kids but wait is long.

tjuggy
06-09-2012, 05:34 PM
The Steamer, Origional Oyster House, And Tin Top.

johnlanguab
06-09-2012, 07:44 PM
It is absolutely critical that you go to Pirate's Cove. This is one of the most wonderful places on Earth.

They have live music, boats, beer, and dogs running around. It's right on the bay.

http://www.piratescoveriffraff.com

BWB-745-
06-10-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm a good bit younger than most, but I love the Florabama. My favorite bar of all time, hands down.

Doc's seafood is really good and cheap. In college we would take a trip down there every year during rush week at Alabama (girls couldn't go out and classes hadn't started) and we would eat there every night before going to the Florabama.

1redTA
06-10-2012, 02:50 PM
have fun! as mentioned the FloraBama is a good hangout. The PinkPony has good daquries. If you make it into Mobile there's the BlueGill to eat at on the Causeway.

tideengineer
06-10-2012, 04:35 PM
hate doc's. go to tacky jacks