PDA

View Full Version : Kneeboarders?

mzimme
06-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Anyone play on a kneeboard? I just picked an old connely up off a guy on craigslist in a trade for a case of beer. The thing has retractable fins and all that good stuff. Looking forward to short lining this little sumbish with the fly high :D

snork
06-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Make sure when you nose that thing in you keep your eyes wide open

Double D
06-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Used to kneeboard all the time before wakeboarding. Then wakeboarding slowed that down and I have only done it once since 2007 when I broke my ankle. That was last year and thought I would see if the ankle would bend that far... It did but I think the beer helped... :rolleyes: :D

BrooksfamX2
06-07-2012, 05:13 PM
We have the HO Joker. The kids use it, my knees cant take it any more...........

TXX9
06-07-2012, 05:55 PM
My kids love it. We haul a kneeboard around with us and it gets lots of use along with the wakeboards and tubes. It's my slalom ski that is getting dusty.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

MasterKraftS&S
06-07-2012, 06:35 PM
We use ours ALMOST every time we go out. I started on the BullFrog in the 80s and have progressed thru a number of boards. Got a Trident - Neptune(10-15yrs ago?) as our first compression molded board and it still ROCKS. However, barrel rolls and flips are few and far between but that has more to do with the rider(me) than the board. Keep an eye out for a compression molded(thin) board with a PHAT pad. It's the ankles that take the beating for me. Look for some of Ted Bevelacqua or Frankie Panno footage for inspiration and keep Rippin!

atlfootr
06-07-2012, 06:49 PM
my knees cant take it any more...........Mine either, we have two.

1redTA
06-07-2012, 07:03 PM
I mostly knee board, man I love catching air with the fly high

davidstan
06-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Wife knee boards 4 or 5 times a summer just for grins and 360's. I don't dig it since I learned to wake board couple yrs ago and hurts the knees.

east tx skier
06-07-2012, 08:24 PM
We have an HO Joker than my wife rides occasionally. My 6 year old has recently discovered it and loves riding it. My knees won't tolerate it, but it's better than a tube for the kids IMO.

hondaprlud
06-07-2012, 08:43 PM
The kids do. I quit when I started wake boarding. They told me they'd wakeboard if they had bindings that fit better, so over the winter they got new stuff. None of them have wakeboarded this year but the kneeboard is well used. SMH

HRC
06-07-2012, 09:01 PM
My son loves to kneeboard. He gets out there with 3 other boys and they have spray wars. I ride it about once a year.

DemolitionMan
06-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Our group likes to kneeboard, here are some pics of a friend and his wife from last year.

Brian B
06-07-2012, 10:12 PM
I've kneeboarded once. 5 days after having back surgery! I thought it was incredibly dull.

DemolitionMan
06-07-2012, 10:36 PM
I've kneeboarded once. 5 days after having back surgery! I thought it was incredibly dull.

Watch this and tell me if it's dull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAZ6hcXP9zU

Drodey
06-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Still riding my old Neptune Trident.

johnlanguab
06-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Kneeboards are for women and children. Men wakeboard or slalom.

BrianT
06-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Kneeboards are for women and children. Men wakeboard or slalom.

Wow.......

vrsc
06-08-2012, 07:59 PM

great video

charrison327
06-08-2012, 08:23 PM
I've started riding it more and more over the last few years. I'm actually going to buy a new one tomorrow....Obrien Lowrider....Overtons has a great deal on last years model for 149 right now.

Brian B
06-09-2012, 10:26 AM

Correction. Dumb

Did they land any of those tricks?

Double D
06-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Used to kneeboard all the time before wakeboarding. Then wakeboarding slowed that down and I have only done it once since 2007 when I broke my ankle. That was last year and thought I would see if the ankle would bend that far... It did but I think the beer helped... :rolleyes: :D

Here is my Kneeboard picture. This was taken the day I did it when the beer helped free up my ankle. It was a good run but this is how it ended.

Sent from Never Neverland using my iPhone 4 on Tapatalk

MasterKraftS&S
06-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Mine either, we have two. Tubing can be FUN - but I prefer the Neptune!

MasterKraftS&S
06-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Me with my BRAND NEW Bullfrog(from vintage collection)

DemolitionMan
06-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Correction. Dumb

Did they land any of those tricks?

How is that Dumb?

It looks like they landed plenty.

SkiDog
06-10-2012, 11:02 AM
How is that Dumb?

It looks like they landed plenty.

Bet you every one of those guys have been to the knee doctors too!:D painful to watch.

BrooksfamX2
06-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Its amazing how negative people are on this forum towards things they dont like or dont agree with....they just cant say, "thanks, but not for me"...its gotta beat down on everything....to many haters in the world.....

Panda Cub
06-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Its amazing how negative people are on this forum towards things they dont like or dont agree with....they just cant say, "thanks, but not for me"...its gotta beat down on everything....to many haters in the world.....

Well said

mikeg205
06-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Knee board is fun...but your back takes all the brunt of the landings...We have an HO Joker - great knee board...we switched to wake and all back complaints went away... Now if we only do something about those dang face plants... :)

SkiDog
06-10-2012, 04:08 PM

You think its bad NOW! You shoulda been here a couple of years ago!:D:D:D

HRC
06-10-2012, 06:45 PM

It's the same way on every board. One of the hunting sites I go to gets pretty bad sometimes. Same goes with a motorcycle forum I go to.

BrooksfamX2
06-10-2012, 09:21 PM
It's the same way on every board. One of the hunting sites I go to gets pretty bad sometimes. Same goes with a motorcycle forum I go to.

Well, not "every board", but yes, many..........:(

BrianT
06-10-2012, 10:31 PM
I will add my name to kneeboarding at the risk of being one of the uncool guys....I still find it fun to get out once and a while to rip around. Sure it's not as challenging as WB or WS but still fun none the less. IMHO.

Scottman
06-20-2012, 12:33 AM
Still use a really old one that my uncle bought in the mid-90's and eventually gave to me. It's used now every once in a while just for the heck of it. Water has to be perfectly calm for it to be any fun, or else it beats the hell out of you.

EDIT: It's also a lot more fun using it off of a tower.

sp00ky
06-21-2012, 01:51 AM
Me with my BRAND NEW Bullfrog(from vintage collection)

Exactly kneeboarding is dated..I loved kneeboarding in the 80s until I stood up. Why would you want to do this to your back and knees?

sp00ky
06-21-2012, 01:54 AM

Ok but why would one start a thread called kneeboarders? Which asking for opinions and the. Cry When ones gives a negative opinion.

Too many sensitive whiners nowadays

atlfootr
07-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Why ask why, jus' roll w/ the thread .. enjoy the pic's and video.

east tx skier
07-08-2012, 06:54 PM
We have the HO Joker. The kids use it, my knees cant take it any more...........

Here is our 6 yr old last weekend. He finally got up without one of us having to get wet. I even have a MC in the picture for you guys. World Record Kneeboard Boat. ;)

itch2ski
07-08-2012, 07:33 PM

Agreed! Do what makes you happy! I'm only negative if you are tubing or wakesurfing on glass or if you do wally turns every time you pick up a down skier. :mad:

rkhodges21
07-17-2012, 10:43 PM
I kneeboard behind my parents pontoon. We have an old board that is not compression molded, but I still have fun on it. Bad thing is with a pontoon, there is not a good wake to jump, and I have never been behind a boat with a decent wake to get some good air. However, I got some pretty good air the last time out when an i/o runabout passed us while I was on the board. I hit its wake where it met the toon's wake and got some pretty good hangtime and landed it (my first double up lol). I was really surprised that it didn't hurt my knees or back hardly at all. Anyone want to give me a tow sometime so I can really find out how well I can ride?

orbeamlb
07-17-2012, 10:58 PM
I, my bride and our two boys still play on the kneeboard for a change of pace. I can still out do my 15 year old on it but he kills me on the wakeboard.

We like running two boards at a time too.

BrooksfamX2
07-17-2012, 11:16 PM
Heres a video that the boys put together of their first weekend kneeboarding (2006 at Shasta) Some tubing action first, kneeboarding then tube wars at the end.

They really liked kneeboarding.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXhDP4mBJ-s&feature=plcp

Double D
07-17-2012, 11:35 PM
Heres a video that the boys put together of their first weekend kneeboarding (2006 at Shasta) Some tubing action first, kneeboarding then tube wars at the end.

They really liked kneeboarding.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXhDP4mBJ-s&feature=plcp

Dont forget to post that under the TT Members Waterski Videos thread. We need to build a nice compilation.

Sent from my wife's old iPad using Tapatalk....