PDA

View Full Version : intervention XStar thread- TMC

ddanenberger
06-07-2012, 12:32 PM
It is nice to see TMC give additional information on the XStar. I for one would like to see more of this. As a example, those of us with the 2012 models that are struggling with software updates, ballast issues, speed control problems, and Computer issues would love to get the factory to step up. Maybe give updates, coordinate with the owners and dealers on expected correction dates, I have a excellent dealer and great relationship, but It seems these issues or more about software, product selection, and lack of testing at the factory.

While the XStar is important, it will not be a "best seller". On the forum you will find a number of X-25 (the best seller) with issues that has cause significant impact to our season already. MaybeTMC you would like to step up on this issue.

I for one would welcome it. Thanks.

FourFourty
06-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Thats true. Considering that I buy a new boat almost every year, and this is my second X25......... it would be nice to have the bugs worked out before I am onto the next boat (that will probably have issues)

It would be really nice to empty my ballast bags without having to cycle the switch a thousand times.

I have all the faith in the world that MC will fix this, but it would be handy to have it fixed this month instead of october.....

MattsCraft
06-07-2012, 04:54 PM
DD - Cheers for your post, will most likely be removed but have to agree with you on this one. Make no mistake, I am a MC devotee, came from the I/O world (Cobalt) and purchased my first inboard (MC '09 X2 in ’08) after a ton of research on all inboard brands. I will have to say from this aspect, all research for an I/O led me to Cobalt, likewise to MC for the inboard market. Quite frankly, had the 25 been available when I made my decision, this would be the boat I would own… My dealer is pushing me to upgrade, however after all of the post on issues with the software towers etc., I am very leery to say the least. I would love to own a 25, but if the problems are not resolved, I will continue to enjoy my X2 until it won’t run anymore.

There is a ton of great info on this board and I have learned a lot and logged tons of mental notes for future reference, can’t say enough good things about this board vs. the WW douche bags or any other source on the net. (Yeah I know, there I said it) I am a pretty good with a wrench, by no means a gear head, but enjoy doing as much as I can until I am in over my head and call uncle.

I believe part of the problem stems from competitive peer pressure to have the next biggest great thing to entice new buyers, otherwise why should someone upgrade, I get it whole hardly being in the high tech industry. From a sales perspective one of the most frustrating things is telling a customer there is not a current fix, we are working on it etc. I get it MC, but you have to realize all of us are spending our hard earned money on these boats and we just want to use them to work as advertised. With that, I have a few bugs in the VDIG system that will never be fixed, I understand them, work around them, but where does this leave us with Medallion, now moving to Murphy from my understanding. I get it that many components are from outside venders, not unlike most things we all buy, cars, you name it. But at the end of the day, the end product has the manufactures name on it and you have to pressure your venders for fixes to the components they provided to serve your customers!

I have personal friends in MC and my dealer, anyone that knows me will attest, I don’t sling a lot of bull, but this is real world stuff and would be nice to see more input from corp. on the issues people are having and fix their problems. Again, probaly not far off from most here, I always respond whenever asked, What boat do you own? “It’s a MasterCraft” :D I think the cult is as strong as it ever was, we all love these boats and most will probably never own anything else but please MC let’s get these issues fixed and soon so I can purchase my next boat. (OK, that last sentence was for personal reasons)

Cheers