PDA

View Full Version : Some general questions about my MC...

Fab
06-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Hey guys !

I'm a proud owner of a '08 X2 which is going perfect, I just have some questions...

1/ My tech told me it was better to turn the power off each time I leave the boat (the switch portside under seat), sounds OK for me BUT I'm loosing my FM/Audio settings each time, the bilge pump aren't working (maybe need a direct 12v+ connect) and my pumps settings reset to factory (increased filling time for FH kit)...I looked over the TT and it seems nobody do this...What ya think ? real danger of power loss if I forget something (altough I always check before leaving...) ?

2/ It has been raining a lot here in April and I noticed that front and rear bilge are linked right ? I thought the rear bilge was lower and therefore draining all water but in fact if I drain water from the front bilge (with both pump and a vacuum for cleaning IE) I have no more water in the rear bilge ? So front bilge is lower ? I hate to have always water in those bilge...

3/ Why so serious ? :D

Thx for the tips, maybe more questions to come... ;)

Hammer
06-07-2012, 10:37 AM
1. I leave mine on all the time. 10 years later and I have had two batteries. In the past I have unhooked the batteries all together for winter. Now I use a battery tender and leave it hooked up.
2. No idea on that one. I only have one.
3. Agreed!

ntidsl
06-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Gosh I have never disconnected my battery and or switched power off...I'll watch this one for my info. I even leave my keys in the boat 99% of the time.

thatsmrmastercraft
06-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Doesn't make sense to ever disconnect power from the bilge pumps.

mikeg205
06-07-2012, 12:46 PM
^^+1.... Strange that a tech would recommend this - unless there's something he knows and is not telling you.

ttu
06-07-2012, 12:49 PM
one #2 the front is lower than the back pump. that is the only place i ever have any water in the bilge. that is now that i finally got my leaking rudder fixed!:rolleyes:

zamboniman
06-07-2012, 12:57 PM
There was an issue or large current drain with vdig I believe that if left powered for many days would drain the battery. A search should reveal something.

Fab
06-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Of course it's weird from my tech especially cuz of the pump not being powered that's why I wanted to know if you MCers are shutting the whole power...For now I'v decided to let it on, I have the VDIG on my X2 but wasn't aware of that issue...

For the bilge it's surprising, when looking at it i could even swear the rear was lower but after looking at water draining...well I can't deny gravity !!

MattsCraft
06-07-2012, 01:44 PM
I have an '09 X2, always turn off the battery switch off when not in use. Bilge pumps are direct wired, so they will run regardless. My ballast timer settings hold regardless, even had battery #1 drain completely (seperate issue with the boat alarm) and the timers still held. As far as the radio, I never use FM anyway, so for me it is a none issue. If you have a center tab, if the battery switch is on it will auto activate to reset the tab periodically, which could cause battery drain. (I use an on-board tender regardless)

My rear bilge is higher, never had enough water in the bilge for it to run, had the boat in the water for 2 weeks once and the front bilge only needed to run a couple times. Also, front and rear bilge pumps are on a seperate switch.

Fab
06-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Ah, wasn't sure for the ballast timer I heard many times that switching off was resetting the system...need to recheck I've done the reprogramation just a few days ago...

bturner2
06-07-2012, 01:55 PM
07 X2 but very similar to MattsCraft. Turn power off when I leave the boat however my boat is on a Shorestation and left out of the water. Never listen to the radio anymore so I've never set the stations. Don't have VDIG and use standard ballast timers which work fine. My PP settings remain even after winter storage without batteries connected. My bilge pumps are not powered when the battery switch is in the off position. Because of this the only time I keep the battery switch on is when the boat is left in the water which is rarely.

Never had water in the rear half of the bilge only the front. I pull the front plug when I leave but based on a recent thread I would seem to be in the minority on this.